Collection, and how hard it gets.

Brocniken

Hello everyone,

So I did some work for myself and figured out that I need this exact number of bfp 320,693 in order to get all the collection of the game.

would be happy to know and get some tips from you how I get this number.

cuz in order to get this number you need to play 3 years straight.

Hey,

Funny enough, I just recently compiled some information on how long it takes to get all cards, and your BFP number isnt that far off from mine (excluding promos). But my estimate how long it takes is FAR less then 3 years to accomplish this. Also, that huge BFP is derived from more or less average prices, if you buy cheap and not average, this will be reduced even further.

Since your income is quite fixed, there are only two ways to speed this up: Take a gamble and open boosters, or participate in trading to improve income.

If you take the second route, my guesstimate is that if you really make no stupid mistakes, you can get all cards in around 6-7 months, with some poor choices maybe 1 or 2 months more.

(Also, dont miss any opportunity to grab a free booster codes or participation in events.)

Metagross31, DefAnske and Lans like this

🤔 how can "trading" route take that long? Multiple people already proved that it can be done under a month including promos. There is no cap on trading income, and it was made much easier by increasing the amount of cards you can have in auction.

7 hours ago, Brocniken said:

Hello everyone,

So I did some work for myself and figured out that I need this exact number of bfp 320,693 in order to get all the collection of the game.

would be happy to know and get some tips from you how I get this number.

cuz in order to get this number you need to play 3 years straight.

I don't trade, don't even like that at all (all want fast bfp from flipping cards, nobody wants to pay the price).

Can assure you that it is way less then 3years cause I achieved it and don't even play on daily basis anymore.

I was even most unlucky with Promos draw only one, won one and had to buy all of the rest myself (tip - never buy them on the market, be patient and you can save a big pile of bfp)

Focus on  a few decks you like to play first and then build up from there. 

Even for the normal cards I'd say: Be patient, observe trade chat and market and then once you think you have a feeling for the price ask for your price in chat. Never see the current market "price" as a value, therefore we have too much traders around.

So in conclusion I can say: It is achiveable for normal players and it should take way less then 3 years. 

Lans, DefAnske and Dutchy like this

24 minutes ago, Metagross31 said:

Just to be sure: Are we talking about 1 copy per card or charging every card fully?

Due to the high numbers (3 years, over 300k bfp) I assumed a full collection (all promos, all x4) was meant and that is what I refered to.

A collection x1 (with several charged up decks in addition) can be build up very fast thanks to the achievements. What does take some time (and I liked it) is to get those x4 copies of each card.

I have played over 6 months by now and I did some light trading (typically buy low-ish and sell average-ish) but I open my daily boosters rater than sell. I should be able to get non-promo 1x collection but I have focused on getting cards I use and charges. I think I have my budget deck within a day or two and worked up from there (I still mostly use my more budget decks).

Yeah there is no limit on trading so it is also possible to do this all in a day (4x + promos) but setting expectations to more repeatable by the average skill trader/player, I think 6 to 7 months feel right (maybe very active trading could be 3 to 4). I am not sure how repeatable 1 month would be but I don't doubt that can be achieve by some (constantly checking what sold and refilling etc with some skills and luck).

To be clear I did not said it is easy to get full collection in less than a month, just that more than few people did it, starting at different times since release. I would say that there is no good metric to measure trading skills 😛 So no clue what "average" trader is 😄

4 hours ago, Volin said:

Due to the high numbers (3 years, over 300k bfp) I assumed a full collection (all promos, all x4) was meant and that is what I refered to.

A collection x1 (with several charged up decks in addition) can be build up very fast thanks to the achievements. What does take some time (and I liked it) is to get those x4 copies of each card.

Well, I have been playing ever since release and am still far from a 4x + Promos collection. Currently sitting at 1x everything except for the new twilight cards, some important cards charged plus a few promos, mostly the cheap ones. So getting a 4x+promos collection in only a few months probably takes daily playing + extensive trading or insane booster luck.

Lans and DefAnske like this

6 hours ago, Metagross31 said:

Just to be sure: Are we talking about 1 copy per card or charging every card fully?

All cards including promos is around 500k.

All cards without promos is around 350k.

2 hours ago, Kubik said:

To be clear I did not said it is easy to get full collection in less than a month, just that more than few people did it, starting at different times since release. 

I'm very surprised, and if someone claimed this, I would have a very hard time to believe him/her.

Also: above statement that "there is no cap on trading income" is only true in a theoretical sense, in practical terms there are restraints on what you can achieve on different axis.

Edited by Kapo
Lans, Volin and DefAnske like this

I play since the release, always opening my free and pricereduced boosters, and also bought a lot extra. Even if I probably lost like 50k bfp with all of that I would still do it again, since opening boosters is just a huge part of the game for me 🙂 

I am completly inactive in the market since I dont realy care about it. If I really need/want a specific card I just go to the marketplace and buy the cheapest one, if I cant afford it I play with more of a budget deck and wait till I have the bfp.

Now I have all cards at least once, but the most on 4 charges and only 3 promos are missing.

Thanks to the reward system your collection will grow pretty steady anyway, no reason to stress that out.

11 hours ago, Kubik said:

To be clear I did not said it is easy to get full collection in less than a month, just that more than few people did it, starting at different times since release. I would say that there is no good metric to measure trading skills 😛 So no clue what "average" trader is 😄

Nor did I it was easy and in fact I am openly questioning the repeatability of such feat. You are right there is no good definition but I would roughly define that as someone with some basic knowledge of most cards and keep some tabs on market prices of cards.

I can see a player with extensive knowledge and market inclined could accomplish such a feat. For example, maybe players who can do expert maps with tutorial deck could put all their early :bf: in to trading and have it snowball easily quickly. And/or buy terribly under appreciated cards which they can use while they try to flip it. No idea, I am not that good of a trader to know. It is possible and sounds like it has been accomplish multiple times so it way more real then the other theoretical extreme of accomplishing it in a day.

Anyway, I don't think is all that helpful metric. What I do is an interesting and perhaps a fair question to devs is when do they expect players to accomplish such a feat? 😎

4 hours ago, Lans said:

I can see a player with extensive knowledge and market inclined could accomplish such a feat. For example, maybe players who can do expert maps with tutorial deck could put all their early :bf: in to trading and have it snowball easily quickly. And/or buy terribly under appreciated cards which they can use while they try to flip it. No idea, I am not that good of a trader to know. It is possible and sounds like it has been accomplish multiple times so it way more real then the other theoretical extreme of accomplishing it in a day.

If it is possible, this person must be in possession of "the one trick every Skylord hates" 😃

I consider myself having extensive knowledge, and I am well-connected to other traders - I can tell you that none of those known traders know how to accomplish this. There are several known methods to generate BFP with different time and investment requirements, but none yield the Return on Investment needed for this.

Just to give some perspective, if you were able to do ALL achievements that yield boosters or BFP in the first day with the starter cards to have some starting capital, you would still need a daily ROI of 52% for every single day to end up with enough BFP to buy all cards.

So there might be a method known to very, very few that still stays hidden when you use it (usually other traders learn quite fast from others, cause almost all trading activity is very visible), or we are talking about something that doesn't exist.

Edited by Kapo
Metagross31 likes this

I did not analyze their strategies in too much details, but I hope no one will be to angry if I say some repeated pattern I seen was buying "expensive" cards in direct trades, for relatively cheap. Simple math saving 10% on 10 :bf: card saves 1 :bf:, but saving 10% on 1000 :bf: card is 100 :bf:, and then selling for 10% above average is 200 :bf: profit.

I personally go over all transactions one of the first persons that claimed to "finish" the game (all cards x4 + promos), and was majority of transactions was not over 10% from market average, but there was a lot of transactions...

1 hour ago, Kubik said:

I did not analyze their strategies in too much details, but I hope no one will be to angry if I say some repeated pattern I seen was buying "expensive" cards in direct trades, for relatively cheap. Simple math saving 10% on 10 :bf: card saves 1 :bf:, but saving 10% on 1000 :bf: card is 100 :bf:, and then selling for 10% above average is 200 :bf: profit.

I personally go over all transactions one of the first persons that claimed to "finish" the game (all cards x4 + promos), and was majority of transactions was not over 10% from market average, but there was a lot of transactions...

Based on that method, even if we stick to the 1000 BFP-example with 200 profit you gave (which is very generous to consider that repeatable that often), you would have to successfully make 75 of those flips on the very first day, and ramp up to make 1000+ such flips in the last days of that journey with always 200 profit each.

And every flip is two trades, so to find so many Skylords that sell too cheap and then again find so many that buy too high is very, very impressive. But if you say it worked that way, and you have seen it with your own eyes, that's just the way it is then.

Don't know how you'd arrive at 3 years for 320000 BFP.

Playing generates 400 BFP a day if you do the 45 minutes. If flipping the daily booster it's 480. If you keep it, it's just non-liquid capital, so whatever. That's 800 days or 2y2m if you keep the booster. Or 1y10m if you sell it. That's not accounting for achievements, which also generate BFP. In total there's like, what, over 60 boosters in achievements. 25000 easily.

So alright, somewhere around 1 1/2 to 2 years is still a lot of time. If you don't want to hog chat all day to buy cheap URs and Promos or gamble on boosters you can also just go pure AH. Prices always fluctuate, it's all about knowing the norm. Having an eye on  valuable cards (mostly URs and Rs) doesn't take a lot of time once you are can make buy/sell decisions on the fly. With that you can invest like 15-30 minutes a day to update your auctions and scan the AH, which can net you well over 1000 BFP a day extra. Which is like 4 to 8 times as much as you get if you just do the bare minimum of doing your dailies. With that you are now indeed looking at somewhere around half a year to get your 320000. Still a long time but to get literally everything in the game, including vanity pieces, that sounds about right. And that's just as a baseline. Investing more time on the day to scavenge trade chat would increase your daily time investment but significantly reduce the overall time period to generate 320000.

Volin likes this

On 9/27/2022 at 1:25 AM, Brocniken said:

(Feel free to correct my math https://skylords-reborn.fandom.com/wiki/Card_Upgrades)

Gold for buying und Upgrading 
Commons    171 (4 Promos) =    478.800
Uncommon  157 (2 Promos) =   987.525
Rara             151 (8 Promos) = 2.633.400
Ultra Rara      69 (2 Promos) = 2.125.200 5.266.800 

I think to get this amount you need also one or two hours 😉
(But I think less then 3 Years xD )

Edited by T1421
Typo

5 hours ago, T1421 said:

(Feel free to correct my math https://skylords-reborn.fandom.com/wiki/Card_Upgrades)

Ultra Rara      69 (2 Promos) = 5.266.800

SMJ comes up with a different number:

grafik.png.60a1d45e304655e3166d926173181330.png

Ultralord likes this

9 hours ago, T1421 said:

Ultra Rara      69 (2 Promos) = 5.266.800

9M is what I have already over, Gold is unsinkable after a while

Edited by Volin
Ultralord likes this

8 hours ago, Kapo said:

SMJ comes up with a different number:

grafik.png.60a1d45e304655e3166d926173181330.png

Had a typo  😐 my result is 5.836.075
But interesting the BF-Book say 175 / 159 / 151 / 71

image.png.03f2d86c3a214a52ea68778551566920.png

Promos are 4 / 2 / 8 / 2
Thats how I ended up with 171 / 157 / 151 / 69

SBJ founds 175 / 153 / 148 / 71 (With promos)
and 171 / 151 / 140 / 69 (without promos)

So the game/book has 6 more Common and 11 Rare (Or SBJ is missing them)