Fire card tier list (PvE)

Fire PvE  

43 members have voted

1. 1. How well do you think PURE fire decks perform in PvE? (Compared to other pure decks)

• Godlike
    • Very well
    • Above Average
    • Average
    • Below average
    • Poor
    • Dying breed
    • No comments

Another thread to start up some discussion on Fire cards 🙂

Which fire cards do you think is good for PvE? Which could be underperforming? With some of the patches that came forth I thought it would be a perfect time to post my thoughts on fire. I have also added a poll to see what you guys think of Pure fire decks in PvE.

Refer to my video on my fire card tier list. 

What do you think? Excited to listen to some thoughts around fire.

Here is the link to the fire card tier list: https://tiermaker.com/create/fire-cards-pve-skylords-reborn-tier-list-15125367

Edited by KserSke

Hey mate! Just watching your video and got to put one question in between. Pure Fire is beside Bandit my most beloved Faction (~350 Pure Fire matches) and I really need to go into deep here 😄

Just to clarify, you are speaking sole about PvE, that is clear. But do you refer only to pure Fire Decks here, or to fire cards in any splashed environment? (You often speak of pure fire but sometimes it sounds like you are considering spashes too)

Would you mind to share your tierlist set so that we can make a tierlist ourselfes? I would probably like to make a short Video or stream on this one to share some more thoughts and ideas, but only if you don't mind.

PS: Rated Above Average, since Fire got really a bit more solid with the last changes.

Edited by Volin
DefAnske likes this

56 minutes ago, Volin said:

Just to clarify, you are speaking sole about PvE, that is clear. But do you refer only to pure Fire Decks here, or to fire cards in any splashed environment? (You often speak of pure fire but sometimes it sounds like you are considering spashes too)

Would you mind to share your tierlist set so that we can make a tierlist ourselfes? I would probably like to make a short Video or stream on this one to share some more thoughts and ideas, but only if you don't mind.

Hey man! That is a good question. I am rating the cards based on a pure fire environment. I did bring up points of how it might work in a splashed environment for certain cards but this was to make sure that I don't over inflate or deflate the value of the card.

Have attached the link to the fire tier list template on my original post. 🙂 

Volin likes this

The tier list below only includes rPvE performance as my pure Fire knowledge at campaign is fairly limited. For Global Warming I would like to add that I'm referring to the red affinity here. The blue one would rate way lower, but it was the only affinity you could select in this list.

hm.png

Kapo, Volin and Donaar like this

We did discuss and this is what we came up with

If a unit would be rated higher if it shines more in one mode (rpve, cpve) it got the higher tier.

S - Absolute powercreeps that you can almost not pick if playing pure fire
A - Obvious picks in their decks and strong first choices
B - More niche, but very good cards that are usefull in many situations

C - Alternative picks that are weaker as C+ but still viable sometimes

D - Either cards that are rarely playable or that have very, very few niche use-cases

F - just plain useless (in pve)

grafik.thumb.png.0bc52cc9e8d82aed07430b1c51f35e7e.png

If you want more reasoning for a certain card you can see that probably here:

Edited by Volin
KserSke, Kapo, DefAnske and 1 other like this

Just want to mention that I almost completely agree with Volin's tier list, disagreements are just personal and more of my playing styles e.g. the juggernaut but at the same time i agree that it dies pretty quickly if played recklessly.

It was incredibly difficult to debate with myself on which card goes to whichever tier but maybe I should just do a simple stream in the future when deciding for some of the other factions so I'm able to critically think through and gain the different perspectives of the value of each card!

Nonetheless, very insightful 🙂 

DefAnske and Volin like this

10 hours ago, Hrdina_Imperia said:

My poor guy Rocket Tower getting shafted so hard. I personally find it good, though I get it can get outclassed by the Pyromaniac? Dunno, never used that one. 

Yes, sadly the rockettower underperforms in most situations. The idea of a multiattacking tower that knocks back small and medium units is great, but since it attacks very slow and has basicly no damage even that doesnt really help.

You could combine it with pyromaniac so you have a cc and a damage tower, but normally the pyromaniac is enough anyway and you dont want to spend 2 deckslots for that 🙂

9 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Rocket tower is a good tower by design, buy very bad in practise. If the unit moves, 9/10 times the rocket will miss, making the tower very unreliable. 

That could maybe get fixed with giving each towershot splash damage? Not sure if that would maybe even make the tower to op^^