Welcome to Skylords Reborn

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• InsaneHawk

Join our Discord !   05/04/17

We're starting to do Giveaways on our Discord, so be sure to follow it and join it
      Here's the link to access our Discord : https://discordapp.com/invite/0y3WGMGXhd5q2lXA
SweetPotato

Best Players

67 posts in this topic

Dragon Dave 

Hello everbody Who do you think that was the best PvP player of all time Please share your opinion

I didn't know any high player until the end, so I may not be the most qualified, but I think it's gotta be MaranV.

Dragon Dave was really one from a bests :) But he stop playing after 1 year I think. :) I remember him from beta testing and than from first year (maybe 1,5 year).

Edited by VYBA

dragondave is the one i remember being for months #1,if i remember correct he was pure fire.

Edited by nofearek9

must be dragondave. he just dominated the scene for the first 1 year as mentioned. He joined in after from time to time for like another year and then just left completely if i remember correctly.

MaranV and DragonDave, really?They are both good Players that absolved the most Battles in Battleforge yes, but not really hard to beat. 

Define best Player pls. Is it the best player with 1 Deck? Is it the one with the best Win/Loose ratio? Is it the one that try to play with weak cards?

There are some that are very strong with their main decks like Dekka, Avire, And some that shown that they can play with every Deck and win against some pretty strong Players like Obesity, Hirooo, Tulduru, Elendil, Feagul,

Edited by ImperatorSK

I can agree DragonDave was a good player, but only at his time. There were much better players than him later in time ofc.

meta is shifting, players getting better with the time.

look at other games, games are evolving and so does the players. you can only judge players by the time they were actually playing. you never know if certain players that didnt played the game at the end or even after the beginning wouldnt have become better aswell. as i said judge those people by when they played. and fact is that dragondave dominated pvp in the very beginning of the game and thats quite as hard as i didnt saw someone else doing it after

note: thats at least what i saw in the pvp rankings.

meta is shifting, players getting better with the time.

look at other games, games are evolving and so does the players. you can only judge players by the time they were actually playing. you never know if certain players that didnt played the game at the end or even after the beginning wouldnt have become better aswell. as i said judge those people by when they played. and fact is that dragondave dominated pvp in the very beginning of the game and thats quite as hard as i didnt saw someone else doing it after

note: thats at least what i saw in the pvp rankings.

+1, what I wanted to say just way more detailed.

ok, let's talk a little bit about this topic. First of all there were many great players who deserve mentionings because it is pretty unfair to just mention one player since some of them had their peaks at diffrent times. I had the honor to play with and against alot of the best players in bafo, but sadly I didn't play alot in the first 1-2 years so I didn't meet some players like Feagul for example so i can't include some of the older players.

Lets take a look over the best bafo-players i've met over many years:

Obesity: He was a great player with insane micro-skills and for sure one of the best fire nature players of all time. His fire T1 was really strong (he played sometimes only 4/5 T1 cards and was still able to beat for example top shadow players without sunderer)   and he was a pretty succesful bandits-player who could create alot of pressure. It was easier to face him in 2v2 matches, but he never seemed motivated to play anything besides 1v1.

DragonDave: Many call him the best bafo player of all time since he dominated the first year which was pretty impressive. I've played some 2v2 matches with and against him and his frost T1 was outstanding for sure. Didn't play that much 1v1s against him (actually have a 100% winrate ^.^), but watched alot of his replays since I admired him back in time when I was a pretty weak player myself. The respect DDave gets is deserved, he was super solid and nobody can deny that he was one of the greatest players who ever played this game, but he just wasn't the outstanding #1 in my opinion.

cDKillroy: With his peak he was the best pure fire player of all time with no doubt. He reached his peak pretty late, but in the last year of Battleforge his mechanics were insane. He was a top player in 1v1 and 2v2 (when i played 2v2 with hirooo at some time we that mentality "time to match killroy + X or take the freewin"). He was a player with one of the most interesting developments over time, since he wasn't that strong when I met him for the first time. But he really improved his mechanics and was able to beat the best players even without thinking alot about game since his mechanics were just superior. Great player and really funny person aswell :D

elendil: This guy was one of the smartest and in my opinion for sure the best Battleforge player of all time (only player with a winrate far above 50% against me ). He was ahead of every other player for 2 simple reasons: First of all he was the only one who really knew about the most efficient strategies in this game (simple things like playing skeleton warriors in shadow t1 mirrors or he was for example the only player who knew how to play shadow T1 without phasetower against nature T1). The second thing is his ability to apply pressure at multiple positions (I played once with shadow frost against his shadow nature deck and he just straight up outplayed me by attacking at 3 positions consistently and it felt like he had an eye on everything i tried to counter his agression). He just didn't play alot ... 1v1 just sometimes on smurfs like adirewolf or 2v2 with dekka (I still think they were the best 2v2 team of all time even when many ppl called them out for abusing SoM pre nerf). Over all he is in my opinion(!) the #1 of Battleforge and I learned very much about the game thanks to him.

Hirooo: Can't even tell how often I got mad at this guy for playing bullshit-strategies (If you read this, I still hate you for this T1-map game). If you played against him you knew that he is going to try to kill your base with some Grigori-Nastys (doesn't matter if you play with or against him ...). Some people disliked him for his "lame" gameplay, but he was one of the best and that is undenieable, many ppl realised that over time. He was very versitile, could play nearly every deck and was really strong with fire, frost and shadow T1. Played for sure over 2000 matches with or against him (in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or tournaments) so I'm pretty sure that he was reaaaaally good, especially his shadow/frost was amazing (and it was terrifying to play against). He was a pretty smart player and really thinks alot about the game and always tries to find efficient counters for your strategy which made him a really difficult opponent for tournaments aswell.

dekka: He played only pure nature and many dislike that SoM, EP voidmanipluation playstyle with Deep One, but even then you have to admit his nature T1 skills. I think of him as the best pure nature player, he was the only one to ever beat me in a pure nature mirror (Seems like there was more nature-competition at the start of Battleforge, but I didn't play at that time. Just wanted to repeat that). He was succesful in 1v1 and especially in 2v2, it was beautiful to watch dekkas & elendils T1 fights. His weakness was his ability to play only pure nature. You could give him a hard time by spamming phase towers for example ... it was pretty easy to abuse nature T1 (for some time freemka had for example a high winrate against him just because his ultra-defensive style was efficient against dekkas playstyle).  

Tyderianek: I will mention him aswell because i think he was a really tough opponent at his peak. He was a really efficient player, strong in 1v1 and 2v2 and pretty  versitile aswell. I think he may be one of the weaker players on this list, but I really think he deserves to be mentioned as one of the strongest players, because he was really really good for sure and constantly a high-elo player.

I will repeat myself, I didn't meet all of the older players since i were not high ranked at the start of Battleforge. This list is based on personal experience, tournament results & replays I've watched over time. I have really much respect for every player on this list and I look forward to play against some of them in the future. Maybe I forgot to mention somebody and I will edit this list in that case.

Best regards,

RadicalX

ok, let's talk a little bit about this topic. First of all there were many great players who deserve mentionings because it is pretty unfair to just mention one player since some of them had their peaks at diffrent times. I had the honor to play with and against alot of the best players in bafo, but sadly I didn't play alot in the first 1-2 years so I didn't meet some players like Feagul for example so i can't include some of the older players.

Lets take a look over the best bafo-players i've met over many years:

Obesity: He was a great player with insane micro-skills and for sure one of the best fire nature players of all time. His fire T1 was really strong (he played sometimes only 4/5 T1 cards and was still able to beat for example top shadow players without sunderer)   and he was a pretty succesful bandits-player who could create alot of pressure. It was easier to face him in 2v2 matches, but he never seemed motivated to play anything besides 1v1.

DragonDave: Many call him the best bafo player of all time since he dominated the first year which was pretty impressive. I've played some 2v2 matches with and against him and his frost T1 was outstanding for sure. Didn't play that much 1v1s against him (actually have a 100% winrate ^.^), but watched alot of his replays since I admired him back in time when I was a pretty weak player myself. The respect DDave gets is deserved, he was super solid and nobody can deny that he was one of the greatest players who ever played this game, but he just wasn't the outstanding #1 in my opinion.

cDKillroy: With his peak he was the best pure fire player of all time with no doubt. He reached his peak pretty late, but in the last year of Battleforge his mechanics were insane. He was a top player in 1v1 and 2v2 (when i played 2v2 with hirooo at some time we that mentality "time to match killroy + X or take the freewin"). He was a player with one of the most interesting developments over time, since he wasn't that strong when I met him for the first time. But he really improved his mechanics and was able to beat the best players even without thinking alot about game since his mechanics were just superior. Great player and really funny person aswell :D

elendil: This guy was one of the smartest and in my opinion for sure the best Battleforge player of all time (only player with a winrate far above 50% against me ). He was ahead of every other player for 2 simple reasons: First of all he was the only one who really knew about the most efficient strategies in this game (simple things like playing skeleton warriors in shadow t1 mirrors or he was for example the only player who knew how to play shadow T1 without phasetower against nature T1). The second thing is his ability to apply pressure at multiple positions (I played once with shadow frost against his shadow nature deck and he just straight up outplayed me by attacking at 3 positions consistently and it felt like he had an eye on everything i tried to counter his agression). He just didn't play alot ... 1v1 just sometimes on smurfs like adirewolf or 2v2 with dekka (I still think they were the best 2v2 team of all time even when many ppl called them out for abusing SoM pre nerf). Over all he is in my opinion(!) the #1 of Battleforge and I learned very much about the game thanks to him.

Hirooo: Can't even tell how often I got mad at this guy for playing bullshit-strategies (If you read this, I still hate you for this T1-map game). If you played against him you knew that he is going to try to kill your base with some Grigori-Nastys (doesn't matter if you play with or against him ...). Some people disliked him for his "lame" gameplay, but he was one of the best and that is undenieable, many ppl realised that over time. He was very versitile, could play nearly every deck and was really strong with fire, frost and shadow T1. Played for sure over 2000 matches with or against him (in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or tournaments) so I'm pretty sure that he was reaaaaally good, especially his shadow/frost was amazing (and it was terrifying to play against). He was a pretty smart player and really thinks alot about the game and always tries to find efficient counters for your strategy which made him a really difficult opponent for tournaments aswell.

dekka: He played only pure nature and many dislike that SoM, EP voidmanipluation playstyle with Deep One, but even then you have to admit his nature T1 skills. I think of him as the best pure nature player, he was the only one to ever beat me in a pure nature mirror (Seems like there was more nature-competition at the start of Battleforge, but I didn't play at that time. Just wanted to repeat that). He was succesful in 1v1 and especially in 2v2, it was beautiful to watch dekkas & elendils T1 fights. His weakness was his ability to play only pure nature. You could give him a hard time by spamming phase towers for example ... it was pretty easy to abuse nature T1 (for some time freemka had for example a high winrate against him just because his ultra-defensive style was efficient against dekkas playstyle).  

Tyderianek: I will mention him aswell because i think he was a really tough opponent at his peak. He was a really efficient player, strong in 1v1 and 2v2 and pretty  versitile aswell. I think he may be one of the weaker players on this list, but I really think he deserves to be mentioned as one of the strongest players, because he was really really good for sure and constantly a high-elo player.

I will repeat myself, I didn't meet all of the older players since i were not high ranked at the start of Battleforge. This list is based on personal experience, tournament results & replays I've watched over time. I have really much respect for every player on this list and I look forward to play against some of them in the future. Maybe I forgot to mention somebody and I will edit this list in that case.

Best regards,

RadicalX

You To was one of the Best Player in the world of Battleforge

elendil for the best theoretical understanding of the game

dekka for playing nature the best when nobody played it

dragondave for being by far the best 1on1 player ever, now listen people might not agree with this but there where players at the top level and they got easily beaten by him, including players that later became one of the best players of their time where getting snacked by this guy, and he played the best frost t1 with insane iceguardian micro which wasn't exactly considered the easiest or best t1 at the time.

honorable mentions would be obesity, tyderianek and avire

definitely not worth mentioning are the legions of stonekin players with excellent 2on2 mates that just kept spaming what we all know is the most overpowered deck in the game.

Edited by claun

My vote goes to Dragondave, I don't recognize a lot of the names here, but i do know that neither Avire, MaranV or Elendil had DD's consistency. Feagul was above those three in my opinion but i'd still put Dragondave ahead of Feagul. 

Edited by beijingguy

I'm surprised no-one mentionned Xaj yet... Perhaps not an all-time best but still a top 5 player imho...

I'm surprised no-one mentionned Xaj yet... Perhaps not an all-time best but still a top 5 player imho...

I played since 2010 and I never saw this name.

Yeah i remember Xaj, he played alot of weak cards (also in ranked, tournaments) and i often asked me how he can play on an Top Level with them. He was only a short time on the toplist, but won some tournaments and reached the #1. Never played against him, but i saw alot of his games on livestreams.

I think the main reason why that much people mention DragonDave is cause he was a long time omnipresent on top of the latter. He played over 8000 ranked games, his Win/Loose was awfull but the ton of games bring him that infinite amount of Elo. Surely he played often pretty well, but from my games against him i would rate alot of other players that wasnt #1 to his times stronger as him.

Edit: Only want to say, yeah he was a great player, but i wouldnt say the best Player.

Edited by ImperatorSK

You think maybe im Crazy im think Dekka was the best :/ maybe you like dragondave or some on else but im like dekka playstyle

I was thinking of MaranV as well, although I seem to be very wrong with my opinion.

Not the best player but the only frost/nature in top 20.

Best player IMO was DragonDave

definitely not worth mentioning are the legions of stonekin players with excellent 2on2 mates that just kept spaming what we all know is the most overpowered deck in the game.

Stonekin the most OP deck ingame?

Was me and MaranV the only stonekins at top 20.

2 of 20 doesnt sound me like OP

If you are talking just for 2v2 it was only my team with stonekin at the top 20.

1 of 20 here.

Edited by thesikaleon

Stonekin the most OP deck ingame

Maybe not the most OP deck ingame - but remember the main reason it wasn't played as much as lost souls or pure fire is that you have to play nature or frost T1 to be stonkein. IMO the T2 and T3 was just as strong as lost souls after the reaver and nasty nerf.

On topic: Can't really say who was the absolutely best, but my favourite player was wolflovesU, he was definetly one of the best.

Maybe not the most OP deck ingame - but remember the main reason it wasn't played as much as lost souls or pure fire is that you have to play nature or frost T1 to be stonkein. IMO the T2 and T3 was just as strong as lost souls after the reaver and nasty nerf.

On topic: Can't really say who was the absolutely best, but my favourite player was wolflovesU, he was definetly one of the best.

You don't even need a T3 in a stonekin deck.