Mindweaver - "prolonged control" after effect wears off.

Grak

When you Mindweaver something it follows the last order even if the mind control effect wears off, sooo you can just put the thing you controlled on "Hold" and it will not move, even after attacking with its ranged, or at least that's what the test in the forge shown.

To replicate, just throw down a Mindweaver, the creature I used was a Stonekin Rageflame, once the Rageflame got in mind control range you just mind control, and click F and when it comes back to being a bad guy, he just stands there, and lets the Mindweavers attack him without fighting back. even if you have someone run in range and it attacks, it doesn't reset its stance. it seemingly sits "hold" and will not chase the archer that poked him

lol...I also just got the Rageflame to continue attacking and killing its own ally, even after the effect wore off the Rageflame kept attacking, starting a new animation and all, interesting..

I am having different results on different things I'm spawning in the forge tho.

• 3 months later...

Some mechanical background information:

Mapscripts - which macro control the movement of any PvE unit - are not build with temorary mindcontrol in mind. 

For Scripts, a mindcontrolled unit is considered dead (because it loses its unique identifier upon switching team/player control). Therefore in the unit wont recive any more specific commands after getting brainwashed.

There are cases where mapscripts can again control 'lost' units. But these wont be specific to the unit, only general commands like "all units move to location XY". 

The second issue where mindcontrolled units keep doing damage to now friendly units is hard to get rid of. Kubik commented on the issue already a couple of times. In short, the issue is noted, but wont be solved soon.