Patch #400035 - 14 September 2022

WindHunter

9 minutes ago, Cocofang said:

U3 gives another cooldown reduction of 10 seconds to bring it back down to the old 50 seconds.

The description reads "If the target dies, 10 of its allied units within a 20m radius are bewitched for 10 seconds. Lasts for 10 seconds."

If it leads to continued confusion, we might further clarify the description but as of now all necessary bits should be present.

It seems it was a translation mistake. Metagross already cleared up ingame that U3 gives another 10 sec CD as you said here. However the german card description still reads "+10 sec duration", so thats where the confusion came from.

Hey guys, HUGE Patchnote.

Only one question.

You remove the time cap on Crusade.

Is there a reason why you didn't remove the time cap on Siege of Hope(almost 100 players have the same time) and Defending Hope (where there is no need to rush to Rogan, because the time doesn't start at the point you saved him, the only diffrence is how you kill the first 4 units)

Anyways, awesome work guys.🤗👌🏼

Edited by itap
Loriens likes this

1 hour ago, JiiPee said:

Does this mean that before there was hard cap of 10 supporters for root network and if you had lets say 5 using support same time, they each got 2 support? I know that root network got very weak when you did expand it so that multiple attacks happened same time and I really hated that. Some cases it was better to make separate root networks and not mess them up with sylvain gate.

And now you can put 30 supporters, example 30 living towers or 10 thornbarks and all 5 attackers even when they attack same time gets full 6 support?

Yes this is correct. 

Twilight finally getting the love it deserves in the transformation buffs is one of the biggest things I've been wanting since I first saw the mechanic haha. Awesome new cards and changes, really feels like all the nooks and crannies of Battleforge are being cleaned up thoroughly! 

Absolutely love it all!

Majora likes this

2 hours ago, itap said:

Hey guys, HUGE Patchnote.

Only one question.

You remove the time cap on Crusade.

Is there a reason why you didn't remove the time cap on Siege of Hope(almost 100 players have the same time) and Defending Hope (where there is no need to rush to Rogan, because the time doesn't start at the point you saved him, the only diffrence is how you kill the first 4 units)

Anyways, awesome work guys.🤗👌🏼

These are still planned, but they would require a little bit more testing (actually someone please verify if it works for crusade 😛 ) and the focus of the patch was not really to spend too much time on map changes.

Metagross31 and Damo like this

Love it! My favourite is the equestrian nerf - made me kill my own perfectly fine units for years when they were attacked and i had no disenchant.

5 hours ago, Weak1ings said:

I wonder how factions without a melee M counter will fair against bug heal-spam, for example Frost since it lost Mountain Rowdy as one.

That damage reduction will be really useful!

It's only 15%, war eagles will destroy them... vs the other frost splashes they might do slightly better than scythes i guess.

Edit: I change my mind, the ,,search in marketplace'' is new best friend now!

Edited by SunWu
Weak1ings and Hirooo like this

10 hours ago, JiiPee said:

Does this mean that before there was hard cap of 10 supporters for root network and if you had lets say 5 using support same time, they each got 2 support?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's not how the root network support mechanism worked before.

I had tested it extensively before and for what I had noticed :
When an entity connected to the root network entered combat, it "borrowed" as much support as it could from the network, then the next entity to entered into combat does the same with what remained, and so on until the supports were exhausted.

To use the same example : 5 entities with 10 supports, we arrive at the following :
entity 1 (3 supports),
entity 2 (3 supports),
entity 3 (3 supports),
entity 4 (1 supports),
entity 5 (0 supports),

But now, I just redo the test and the supports finally seem to be distributed evenly between each entity !

It may not seem important, but when a card that can connect to the network levels up, its max "borrow" increases by 1 (from 3 to a maximum of 6), which used to starve the network and the other entities even faster. This was even detrimental in some (r)PvE map when waves came from several sides at the same time.

11 minutes ago, Nagrach said:

any update on the locked chests on campaign maps?

There was a minor hotfix at 23:00 CEST yesterday that should have fixed this issue. Are you still experiencing it?

We are still looking into fixing Desyncs, hopefully a hotfix tonight will take care of the issue. 

18 hours ago, Yamimakai said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's not how the root network support mechanism worked before.

I had tested it extensively before and for what I had noticed :
When an entity connected to the root network entered combat, it "borrowed" as much support as it could from the network, then the next entity to entered into combat does the same with what remained, and so on until the supports were exhausted.

To use the same example : 5 entities with 10 supports, we arrive at the following :
entity 1 (3 supports),
entity 2 (3 supports),
entity 3 (3 supports),
entity 4 (1 supports),
entity 5 (0 supports),

But now, I just redo the test and the supports finally seem to be distributed evenly between each entity !

It may not seem important, but when a card that can connect to the network levels up, its max "borrow" increases by 1 (from 3 to a maximum of 6), which used to starve the network and the other entities even faster. This was even detrimental in some (r)PvE map when waves came from several sides at the same time.

Yes and no. I was speaking U3 card and in my experience when you had 10 support, and if 5 units did attack same time, support was distributed evenly, if possible. But even with old network you WAS able to get multiple units work well, if you example used 2 razor and you placed one little behind the 1st one so they didn't do attacks exactly same time.

Problems started with old network example in insane god if you mixed up to your root network all walls and then also some towers are in range to shoot over wall. Thats when root network poop itself because lot of times in that map there comes attacks to all walls same time.

Example I used to do quite much "build and forget" defence in slave master with:

- Razor

- Spore

- Sylvain Gate (red)

- 2 * Nexus (green), just to make sure that if one gets damage, other will heal it

- 2 * thornbarks

I position razor close as possible to fire imitter and spore I position about half to unit forward. With huge morale pool spore can tank quite much and thornbarks was just far away behind providing support. That has never failed me. Only what you need to do is time to time remember to repair imitter because thouse flying stuff will hit it and also dragon likes to aggro razor time to time and imitter gets splash damage.

If imitter gets destroyed, then that defence is not enough and you need to babysit much much more. And both units will attack with full support most of the time because stepped positioning spore will attack 1st and after that, spore attack every 4sec when razor attack every 5sec. So chance that they overlap on waves is quite small.

Actually I just remember that I did record one run when I had already won the match to see how long it can last. Did hold on it's own almost 6min, it was already on that stage some minutes before I started recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfiufyTJGM

I would like to clarify that root network units drain support not if they are attacking that exact moment, but if they are considering "in-combat." A root network unit is considered in-combat if it has been issued a valid attack command against an enemy, regardless of whether or not they are attacking in that moment or even capable of attacking. Note, that an attack command can be given automatically when an enemy enters sight range. What this means is that even if, say, a Razorleaf is currently paralyzed by an attacking Windhunter, that Razorleaf will still drain up to 6 support as long as enemies remain in range which it can attack. If a Razorleaf were instead affected by something like Lost Banestone it would not be draining support, because in that kind of state it cannot receive attack commands. 

Majora likes this

Is there a way to fix Corsair's aim animation when targeting something with Big Cannon that dies? Something like it will still fire on the location of the dead target rather than being interrupted and starting the animation again on a new target?

Hotfix - 18 September 2022

image.png

General Changes

• In order to resolve prevalent desynch issues, the deployed fix that prevented units to clip through terrain with buildings has been reverted.
  • The Community / PvP Search Bar tooltip now also mentions that it allows to search by author.

Player Card Changes

• Frenetic Assault (Fire) / Frenetic Assault (Shadow):
    • Corrected upgrade card descriptions in non-English languages.
  • Twilight Crawlers:
    • Adjusted card name in French to be more unique.
    • Active ability Transformation: Tooltip on hover over of the ability activation icon now displays the correct tooltip.
  • Twilight Creeper (Fire) / Twilight Creeper (Shadow):
    • Adjusted card name to be more unique in German.
  • Twilight Slayers (Fire) / Twilight Slayers (Shadow):
    • Autocast ability Bow Attack: Improved description to be more consistent in German and Russian.
  • Vileblood (Nature) :
    • Passive ability Gifted Liquids: Fixed missing radius value.

Non-Player Card Changes:

• Twilight Crawler (595):
    • Adjusted entity name to be more unique in French.
LEBOVIN and Kapo like this

• LEBOVIN unfeatured, unpinned and featured this topic
  • WindHunter unfeatured this topic
  • Majora featured this topic
  • LEBOVIN unfeatured and featured this topic