Community Update #27 - September

Majora

I think the problem with pure frost are the shields, is frustraiting when your units are fighting, some of them are half life and you use any shield spell and any unit get a shield except those who have 20% hp, or when you are cleaning a camp with your t4 units, some of your t4 will die, then you try to save them with coat and booooom, the shield ends in the little and cute tiny minions from mate´s Infect.................

Maybie you should make that shield spells with 2 options, cast free or cast only on your units, or maybie "when you use the shrine of frost all the shields will apply only on frost afinity units" something like this maybie, and 100% the shields should prioritize the low hp units, because that's the reason by you use that shield spells, to save or protect units

On 9/3/2022 at 6:11 PM, Chimaka( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

:fireorb::natureorb:Twilight by the most is probably hated faction for its stupidly uselessness. And this chart is also skewed by the fact that people who try it spread the word about its underperformance and others do not even try it. I am on the same boat tbh. While i did try the deck and know its superb T4, it is still not attractive to play at all. And probably stands as the least attractive due to the most lackluster Faction-ability - Transformation.

I stand by this. In the old days of BF, I don't think I ever ran a Twilight deck. 

Currently, I did tried to make one, as I do like the unit designs and some of the abilities (Hatecaster being my favorite of the bunch) but man, I just cannot justify it. There are simply way too many better options. At best, I have to force myself to include some Twilight creatures just because in my Fire/Nature deck. It's a shame. 

Edited by Hrdina_Imperia

1 hour ago, Hrdina_Imperia said:

I stand by this. In the old days of BF, I don't think I ever ran a Twilight deck. 

Currently, I did tried to make one, as I do like the unit designs and some of the abilities (Hatecaster being my favorite of the bunch) but man, I just cannot justify it. There are simply way too many better options. At best, I have to force myself to include some Twilight creatures just because in my Fire/Nature deck. It's a shame. 

Upcoming improvements to the Twight Transform ability should hopefully make playing Twilight decks feel better and more fun, so stay tuned for that 😄 

On 9/5/2022 at 7:49 AM, EngelDunkel said:

100% the shields should prioritize the low hp units, because that's the reason by you use that shield spells, to save or protect units

Hi,

so this would actually make shields even more op.
The shield-spells have all quite a long duration. 
This change would make you draw the shield at the very last moment knowing you will always save your low hp unit no matter what.
To further this, your low hp unit would then have a ton of shield for a rather long duration considering a t3-t4 unit can bash through units like its no big deal.

A shield is to protect units, yes, but it makes no sense giving a shield at the very last moment.
Why not absorb the damage before it gets to your unit?
Looking at t1-t2 units, low hp actually reduces the amount of individuals in that specific unit. 

So you should always activate a shield BEFORE the damage is dealt and not as a last minute save.
Im not even going to pvp where your shield can either be ignored by a unit or melted - would be quite frustrating having your t4 unit almost dead, you activating a shield
and some fire player just melts it - double waste of energy. 

There are simple solutions to your "problem":

1. Micromanaging: You can place the shield so that the almost-dead unit is the only unit in that spell 
2. Better Spell usage: Activate the shield before the unit is getting damage
3. Smart timing: Just don't activate the spell when those little infect beasts are surrounding your units
4. No shields: Shields are pretty strong defending burst, but you will perform far better with heals. Even if you play frost, take 1 orb green and heal your units with much more cost-effectiv spells than shields. 

So this is not a problem the dev team should solve! Its a strategy game, so be your own napoleon and work the best way around / or with it. 

Edited by Parker

On 9/5/2022 at 8:15 AM, Hrdina_Imperia said:

I haven't played too much Twilight in recent times, but regarding PvE I'd blame it (currently) on the lack of options the faction has. Building a pure Twilight deck is pretty straight forward, your pool of available viable cards for PvE rather small and you default to the same few cards fairly quickly. I can build a Bandits, Stonekin or Lost Souls cards and at least say to myself:"Yes, I consider this a respective faction deck."

For Twilight specifically I always don't feel so. Twilight deck building feels less like building a true faction deck and more like building a Fire/Nature deck with a bit of Twilight included. Basically an afterthought.

However I hope with the intended changes and introductions we can remedy this somewhat.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2022 at 2:41 AM, Parker said:

Hi,

This change would make you draw the shield at the very last moment knowing you will always save your low hp unit no matter what.
To further this, your low hp unit would then have a ton of shield for a rather long duration considering a t3-t4 unit can bash through units like its no big deal.

A shield is to protect units, yes, but it makes no sense giving a shield at the very last moment.
Why not absorb the damage before it gets to your unit?
Looking at t1-t2 units, low hp actually reduces the amount of individuals in that specific unit. 

So you should always activate a shield BEFORE the damage is dealt and not as a last minute save.
Im not even going to pvp where your shield can either be ignored by a unit or melted - would be quite frustrating having your t4 unit almost dead, you activating a shield
and some fire player just melts it - double waste of energy. 

There are simple solutions to your "problem":

1. Micromanaging: You can place the shield so that the almost-dead unit is the only unit in that spell 
2. Better Spell usage: Activate the shield before the unit is getting damage
3. Smart timing: Just don't activate the spell when those little infect beasts are surrounding your units
4. No shields: Shields are pretty strong defending burst, but you will perform far better with heals. Even if you play frost, take 1 orb green and heal your units with much more cost-effectiv spells than shields. 

So this is not a problem the dev team should solve! Its a strategy game, so be your own napoleon and work the best way around / or with it. 

Em, ok, first, we are talking about pure frost, don't talk about heals pls, second, all that "micromanaging" "better spell usage", "smart tyming" doen't care when ur mate is rushing camps with 3 spells, all your solutions are stay back and wait to put the shield, then go to fight, that means what you said, you CAN'T wait the perfec timing all the camps, specially when your mates use frenetic into infect into nether into next camp.

Just waiting for shield up before approaching the camp is not "strategy" is just a waste of time.

You can't make "more op" what has never been, and you will never wait until your units are about to die to use the shield, your main priority is to enter with shield so that your units remain with the highest % hp, the secondary priority is to be able to save your units that have lost their shield, and naturally lose hp in battle, and this would NOT be "op", what if it is "op" is that with a single cure you raise them all your units with low cd, put a shield when they are about to die, if you have the cd it does not make your units immortal, there is the cd, there is the shield limit, and if you play as an average player it means that your unit started with a shield and then it has received so much damage that it lost his shield and is about to die, if you don't have a cd, if you have pulled so much they will die, having the option of knowing that you have a tool that works correctly and allows you to save to your unit is not "op", it's just the minimum you'd expect spending so much power on a shield that ends up being useless when activating on units it shouldn't.

if you have ever played frost on bg lvl 9 or 10, by going alone (where "those little infect beasts are not surrounding your units") you should know that you always end up taking damage, I don't understand where you get that it would make it more "op", making this change will not make frost "op", it just makes it will make viable and stop being frustrating

• Majora unpinned and unfeatured this topic