Beginner looking for tips and help with deck

Hello, i just started playing the game a couple off days ago. And i would like to get some help and tips to building my first good deck.

as off now i play a fire/shadow/bandits deck thats looks like this. i would just like some help to improve the deck. and tips/strategys on how to play it.c05af7cceadced8a9802f10c03c63adc.thumb.png.38e97c4931ef176baf2c344655c562db.png

I appreciate any help I can get, thanks.

Xathe

Hey Xathe,

welcome to the game and to the forums 🙂
Do you want to keep playing Bandits/Fire/Shadow for now or are you looking for deckbuilding advice in general?

One thing I see right off the bat is, that you do not have any healing/sustain spells besides Ravage. Maybe you should try out Bloodthirst, Bloodhealing or Unity. Especially the blue affinity of Unity gives a lot of sustain and either Bloodthirst applied to your T4 army or Bloodhealing used on a freshly spawned Emberstrike can give very nice healing 🙂

Xathe likes this

Hello, thank you 🙂

dont really know what i want to play, i'm open for anything just took the deck you start with and changed it a little bit. Yeah healing is a thing i would like to have more off thats a good idea. i will look on the market for them 🙂

Hey Xanthe, Awesome deck for just playing a few days! 

As you only started playing a few days, I will split my tips in two parts, the first part will be focused on Campaign maps (CPvE), and the second part on Random PvE (RPvE).  

This deck is pretty solid for most standard and advanced maps. I would recommend to add a Mine to make the Tier 1 easier. Tier 2 seems overloaded in units (4 is a lot). maybe you could consider replacing one of them with either a building like Rioter's Retreat or a spell like Bandit Minefield. In Tier 3, two Soulhunters seems like overkill. Often an army of Magma hurlers + Unity + Blood Healing should clear every reasonable obstacle. You could think about adding a tower like Necroblaster or spells like Frenetic Assault. The units you have in Tier 4 are of great variety. I would recommend to some spells like Bloodthirst, Earthshaker, or Cluster Explosion. You are lacking some form of void return. In CPvE this is not mandatory, but it will speed up how fast you can replay your units and spells. For this deck there are two options. The first is Shrine of War that returns void whenever you kill enemy units and the second option is Furnace of Flesh + Cultist Masters which returns void when your crawlers die. 

For RPvE, it is basically the same advice but without the towers. a few units and a lot of spells + sustain + void return. Below I will put a few of my bandit RPvE decks for inspiration. 

image.thumb.png.902ce232d94a3f51fbaaa0d3f8f8cde2.png

image.thumb.png.d4c1847a1ca162351ad42799a5121a84.png

image.thumb.png.0803447bd5eb88bea69ce9ff54b3a4db.png

image.thumb.png.5537cb73d0cebb0a75fa33925e90a288.png

Xathe likes this

Thank you for the tips, i made some changes right away like took away the second soulhunter and added unity. also added Rioters retreat instead of fire stalkers

I need to play more to get more cards and bfps to afford buying other cards.

Dutchy likes this

A deck I got for RPvE. Besides Cluster Explosion it is kinda cheap(ish). 
This deck is by no means the best, but I like playing one Abomination and keeping it alive with spells while killing the enemy. 

image.thumb.png.fe8940ba7f7b381d48719826cec41364.png

1 hour ago, Xathe said:

i have change my deck a bit more now, what do you guys think about this?

260b595a446a83c7385d6f96dd9eda98.thumb.png.98f6d3996d284180a9d6447920e49337.png

Nice to see a beginner get right into it with Bandits. I like that!

So as a first (cost effective) change I would do this:

1. I would replace Magma Hurler with Gunner (red) to benefit from the damage bonus of Corsair. Normally this unit combination + spell support is enough to master any T3 phase, even on expert. 

2. Since you are still missing charges for your T4 units, I would add Rifle Cultists + Offering (green) to have a powerful T4 army faster. 

3. Bloodhealing I would add to have a strong healing in T3. Works well with a lot of Gunner/ one or two Corsair + Unity. 

4. Swap Rioter's Retreat blue with the green one and Commandos purple with Commandos blue. Both make a strong combination.

In the long run, you can't get past Mine in T1. Shrine of War for a good void manipulation should not be missing either. Inferno could be a nice addition too, but only with Shrine of War, because of the high energy cost. And last but not least: Amok!

Cards which I would remove

Unholy Power, Bandit Spearman, Soulhunter, Ravage, maybe Unholy Hero

Edited by Blashyrkh
Xathe likes this

27 minutes ago, Blashyrkh said:

Nice to see a beginner get right into it with Bandits. I like that!

So as a first (cost effective) change I would do this:

1. I would replace Magma Hurler with Gunner (red) to benefit from the damage bonus of Corsair. Normally this unit combination + spell support is enough to master any T3 phase, even on expert. 

2. Since you are still missing charges for your T4 units, I would add Rifle Cultists + Offering (green) to have a powerful T4 army faster. 

3. Bloodhealing I would add to have a strong healing in T3. Works well with a lot of Gunner/ one or two Corsair + Unity. 

4. Swap Rioter's Retreat blue with the green one and Commandos purple with Commandos blue. Both make a strong combination.

In the long run, you can't get past Mine in T1. Shrine of War for a good void manipulation should not be missing either. Inferno could be a nice addition too, but only with Shrine of War, because of the high energy cost. 

Cards which I would remove

Unholy Power, Bandit Spearman, Soulhunter, Ravage, maybe Unholy Hero

i would like to get mine in there but its just so damn expensive for me, but i changed somethings around. so now it looks like this, what do you think?26356071_7d9abb821cce70d345b2df3a519cbb7e(1).thumb.png.97567f4bd4c94a98d6b2a1b141703135.png

27 minutes ago, Xathe said:

i would like to get mine in there but its just so damn expensive for me, but i changed somethings around. so now it looks like this, what do you think?26356071_7d9abb821cce70d345b2df3a519cbb7e(1).thumb.png.97567f4bd4c94a98d6b2a1b141703135.png

Looks good! As written, I prefer the green Rioter's Retreat. Mine and Shrine of War should then replace Unholy Power and Unholy Hero in the future.

If you have enough charges for your T4 units, you don't need Rifle Cultists + Offering green anymore. Then you have two more deck slots free again (f.e. Amok, Inferno and/or Cluster Explosion red).

But remember: Banidts can be difficult to play for beginners due to lack of cc and healing spells. However, it is an A-/S-tier faction if you can master it. So don't be discouraged. 

PS: This is what my allrounder Bandit deck would look like (cPvE). Depending on the map, I would choose between Sunstriders or Nomads. But the whole thing changes significantly, of course, when you play a map where you have to defend a lot.

Unbenannt.png

Edited by Blashyrkh
Metagross31 likes this

15 minutes ago, Blashyrkh said:

Looks good! As written, I prefer the green Rioter's Retreat. Mine and Shrine of War should then replace Unholy Power and Unholy Hero in the future.

If you have enough charges for your T4 units, you don't need Rifle Cultists + Offering green anymore. Then you have two more deck slots free again (f.e. Amok, Inferno and/or Cluster Explosion red).

But remember: Banidts can be difficult to play for beginners due to lack of cc and healing spells. However, it is an A-/S-tier faction if you can master it. So don't be discouraged. 

Perfect, i will switch it upp when i get new cards. have only played for some days so dont really have many cards yet. But i will get there! 😄 

Yeah, fells like nature is a more beginner friendly but i like the bandits and its more fun with a little challange!

Thank you for the help!

Blashyrkh and Metagross31 like this