Stop messing with the base game

MustardSkaven

I'd settle for some specifics - any specifics - at all.

Just like the first topic about cPvE being supposedly much harder than before there is just a statement thrown into the room, leaving it to everyone else to make something of it.

@MustardSkaven Did you attempt some exploit that doesn't work anymore? Which one?
Did you use a card that got reworked? Which one?
Did you merely hear something from someone? What was it?

Over in your other topic you could've still posted a follow up to "Can you give a concrete example?" but instead you made this. It doesn't appear like there is a language barrier. So are you interested in elaborating and giving people more to work with? If not, why bother?

murloc017 likes this

5 hours ago, MustardSkaven said:

Stop messing with the base game

People liked it for the way it was. People found cheese, people like cheese.

Stop destroying the game, don't be like EA.

Aaaaand what are you talking about exactly? EA left this game unfinished so it would root. So far this version is pretty outstanding for project that is developed for free.

Volin and Deadman like this

4 hours ago, Cocofang said:

Just like the first topic about cPvE being supposedly much harder than before there is just a statement thrown into the room, leaving it to everyone else to make something of it.

Ah the guy that never returned to answer any question?

Then I just put this thread under "trolling" too. At least for now

murloc017 and Draconnor like this

12 minutes ago, DefAnske said:

I remember some kind of glitch where you could spawn giantwyrm at t1, cant remember the circumstances or the map but maybe he meant bugs like that sice hes not able to clear maps otherwise 😛

You mean using cheats/trainers/cheat engine/or some more questionable way? 🤔

30 minutes ago, Kubik said:

You mean using cheats/trainers/cheat engine/or some more questionable way? 🤔

On maps like Dwarfen Riddle you could reach T2 without any card being played out. You just had start with a teammate who left immediately. There was a bug where neutral orb + T2 allowed you to spawn 1 T4 card so you could play a Giant Wyrm right at the start. Hilarious bug, was fixed a very long time ago of course.   

DefAnske and Kubik like this

3 hours ago, RadicalX said:

On maps like Dwarfen Riddle you could reach T2 without any card being played out. You just had start with a teammate who left immediately. There was a bug where neutral orb + T2 allowed you to spawn 1 T4 card so you could play a Giant Wyrm right at the start. Hilarious bug, was fixed a very long time ago of course.   

Have you ever done this? 😅

This dude joined the forum Tuesday 19th July 2022, you need a forum account to have a game account, thus unless this person played on a different account [examples a friends account, at a friends house] he has been playing for 3 days and thus probably doesn't really know what the game is like nowadays comparing it to the EA days. In my opinion, the game is in a great place with new cards and new balancing and lots of other stuff and the community is still strong, more people could be playing the game but people are busy with life. I'm all about campaigns and new maps and new game modes, so that's really what I'm looking forward to and I know our lovely staff with deliver it just takes time and I got time, unless I die soon, well lets hope that doesn't happen. 😀

nukie, murloc017, Kapo and 1 other like this

On 7/22/2022 at 12:45 PM, RadicalX said:

Yep, thats the one i meant 😄

• 2 weeks later...

On 7/21/2022 at 11:50 PM, Volin said:

Just afraid of any changes because of no reason or do you have any constructive feedback?

Where does he talk about being afraid? There's no need to be toxic towards people who just joined the forums...

Maybe he's talking about the Bad Harvest speedrun rewards? Or Convoy cheese strats? There's always gonna be cheese strats, exploiting game mechanics is fair game to me, but actual glitches should be fixed obviously. 

At this point we can only speculate on what he meant... I would always give such people the benefit of the doubt first, although his other thread does appear like he's just here to vent 😄 Hard to believe the contrary if he doesn't follow up with concrete examples...

i am not a big fan of the changes for old existing cards. sometimes it feels for me that there is missing something.

for example the shrines and many fire- and shadow-cards... i liked them much more the way they were before.

i would be happy if the time would be spend for new content. the new content is very fun to play. a very good job by the team! 🙂

but this is only my opinion. if there are many players who enjoy the game and play it constantly then i am fine and happy too.

Edited by Raxaaa

31 minutes ago, Raxaaa said:

i am not a big fan of the changes for old existing cards. sometimes it feels for me that there is missing something.

for example the shrines and many fire- and shadow-cards... i liked them much more the way they were before.

i would be happy if the time would be spend for new content. the new content is very fun to play. a very good job by the team! 🙂

but this is only my opinion. if there are many players who enjoy the game and play it constantly then i am fine and happy too.

I completely agree instead of changing old cards they should have just added new ones. But what i dislike the most is that they are slowly making all colors the same.

Frost for example: Ironclads HP was decreased and his Attack was increased. Ironclad is a frost card he is not supposed to have high attack. Same thing with Master Archers they are almost identical to Forsaken now.

Every color now has a strong void power return tool at T3(Shrine of War,Shrine of Martyrs,Shrine of Memory,Cultist Masters+Furnace).

Ironclad used to be one of my favourite cards but since the change i dont use him much anymore if i want high attack i just make a Batariel or Fire Dragon deck.

Im afraid that sooner or later the difference between Fire Frost Nature and Shadow will merely be the appearance of the cards.

And why is there no forum section to discuss balancing changes?

There has been a forum section to discuss balancing changes for the last 6 months. All major upcoming card changes have been announced in the Cards sub-forum since February. All major upcoming Map changes have been announced in Campaign Maps since September 2021. We even added a side bar so you can easily follow which discussions have new posts: forum.PNG

We as a team understand people's worries about balancing changes and have tried repeatedly to respond to concerns, including on several of the issues brought up here relating to balancing and homogenization. Please see the quoted response below for our most recent answer to these concerns from July 15th.

The Skylords Reborn team decided very early on that all factions should have access to two core mechanics: sustain and void manipulation. At the same time, we determined to add these mechanics to all factions in a way that is thematically appropriate to each one. I think, by and large, that we have succeeded on this account. In terms of sustain; Fire's Bloodthirst requires units to deal damage; Shadow's Blood Healing requires sacrifice; Frost's Coat of Protection, Winter Witch, and Dreadnought use Ice Shields; and Nature's sustain is primarily non-conditional. This is appropriate to each faction and allows each faction to be viable without feeling like we are thereby destroying the properties that makes that faction unique.

In terms of void return, it is important to understand that an archetype that does not have access to void manipulation will be permanently held back in RPvE and most campaign maps. The compensation required to overcome this handicap in terms of card strength would be so excessively large it would inevitably unbalance the game. So, just as we did with sustain options, we too decided to give each faction a thematically appropriate source of void manipulation. Shrine of War requires fighting, Furnace of Flesh requires corpses, Shrine of Martyrs requires freeze, and Shrine of Memory is non-conditional. Again, this fits each faction. I would even argue that Shrine of Memory is more thematically fitting for Nature after the changes than before them. Before it was very weak and only affected the player. Nature support spells, buildings, and effects always benefit allies, and Shrine of Memory was the one exception to this rule. Nature is also the rule-breaking faction and now Shrine of Memory can break the normal rules of void return. This continues in the line of other Nature mechanics like Enlightenment, Mumbo Jumbo, and mind control (which is a Nature, not a Shadow mechanic).  

I understand the worry about the potential homogenization of factions, but I think this worry is overblown. Over the last year and a half, our changes have been carefully designed in such a way as to give each faction a unique niche into which it can fit. Pure Frost has its Ice Shield and freeze mechanics; Nature has unit-centric armies (most decks are spell-centric) as well as the Root Network; Bandits has several unique archetypes with Banzai Lord, Bloodhorn, and Tortugun; etcetera. We are right now trying to do similar things for factions such as Stonekin, Twilight, and Lost Souls. These changes will hopefully continue our work and make each faction possess fully unique ways of playing. To me, much of the reason there are worries right now are because many, even most, of the cards in the game remain unviable and many archetypes are underdeveloped or weak. As we continue to change this, I think the worry about faction homogenization will abate. 

The idea of not touching any of the old cards seems to me misguided. In my estimation, when I first joined the team as a faction designer, I would say the breakdown of card viability in PvE was approximately this:

Overpowered cards: 5% of total
Well-balanced cards: 20% of total
Viable but underperforming cards: 25-30% of total
Meme cards and worse: 45-50%

To not touch any of the old cards would have been, and still largely would be, to consign approximately half the cards in the game to permanent uselessness. We as a team do not think that is the path forward. I realize that not everyone will agree with all our decisions, which is why we also try very hard to be both transparent and open to feedback, both here on the forum and on our balancing discord which can also be accessed via web page. We have also released several design documents to allow players to get more insight into our thinking, which can be found here: Skylords Reborn Documents.

Not only that, but we also try to release changes to the test server to allow hands-on testing and feedback, which is rewarded with a booster when a replay is supplied alongside constructive criticism. While this has not happened as frequently as we have liked recently, the upcoming round of balance changes for next patch will be announced and released on the test server in the next few days.

Majora, Hirooo and Volin like this

buffing cards that aren´t played is fine... cards that are played i would not have touched. trying to keep as much as possible like in the old times.

with new cards the aims could be reached too. but like i said. i am only one player. and its no offense. i am very happy to play this game. 🙂

There has been a forum section to discuss balancing changes for the last 6 months.

Sorry i didnt notice that.

buffing cards that aren´t played is fine

Sadly the most useless cards havent been changed yet(Willzapper Waysatation Architect's Call and many others).

Most cards that have been buffed were underplayed before and still are(Northland Drake, Sunken Temple, Lifestream, and others).

Treespirits which i really liked to use in rPvE have been nerfed to death they are only useful for root network support now.

Shrine of Memory is T3 now and much weaker than Shrine of War and Martyrs. Even if you are playing pure nature it would be better to do an orb switch and build 1 Shrine of War which is much better than 2 Shrines of Memory.

Shrine of Martyrs was a nice niche card before, sure it wasnt a very good card and it definitly needed a buff but i really liked to use it. 

Dont get me wrong i like the new Shrine of Martyrs but you could have just added a new Shrine instead of changing the old one.

What i really like are the new cards Banzai Lord Wasteland Terror Coat of Protection and so on but i really dont like most changes that were made to already existing cards.