Placing a rotating Howling Shrine caused the game to 'pause'

Mozared

Hey there!

So today I encountered a bug wherein the following happened:

• I loaded up the 'Defending Hope' campaign map on advanced difficulty, brought a full nature deck.
  • Around 17 minutes into the game, I conquered the final (top) monument.
  • In order to defend it, at exactly 17:16.6, I attempted to place a purple Howling shrine there. To jam it up against my Power Wells, I held control to rotate it and then placed it quickly basically while still rotating.
  • As I did that, the cast got 'locked in' (a green indicator displayed on the ground), and the game essentially 'paused' itself.
  • The mana cost for the Howling Shrine was never reducted and the building never actually spawned. All units froze up, the timer stopped counting, and the objective ("09:00 Protect Rogan") stopped counting down.
  • Funnily enough most of the UI was responsive; I was able to scroll through the map, select units, and even click and cast cards. Doing so would lock in the cast in the same way as what happened to the Howling Shrine; a green UI indicator permanently appeared on the ground to indicate where the card was going to go off, but no units were actually spawned and no mana was deducted.
  • Though buttons reacted and things were 'clickable' (and clicks were registered, based on audio), most functionality was lost. Clicking the 'Leave Match' button, for instance, simply did not do anything. I suspect my action caused some sort of desync with the server and though my client was fully functional, no data was being sent or received.

I tried to reproduce this issue in 'Encounters with Twilight' afterwards but couldn't; no amount of Howling Shrine turning/placing would cause a desync. I've attached 2 screenshots depicting the "after the fact" situation.

BattleBug1.jpg

BattleBug2.jpg