After update, game consumes absurdly high CPU usage

chickennoodler

Name: CPU go bye bye

REPRODUCIBILITY: Turn on game. Playing normally triggers high GPU consumption. How???

SCREENSHOT/VIDEO: none. Task bar app shows consistent GPU consumption spiking during normal play

since after update.

Log: attached

Additional info: Game lagged and eventually lagged and crashed

Anyone else actually seen this bug after update?

I have it, but literally no idea what is going on.

_log_proxy_latest - Copy.log crashdata - Copy.mdmp

What is "high" by your definition? I think 5% of my CPU is extremely high when consumed by BF.
What kind of spikes? Garbage collector type of spikes? IO wait type of spikes?

Are you on ancient OS? Like Windows 7?

And about the crash I have no clue why it crashed in "Selection Donut", or even what that "Selection Donut" is 😞

21 hours ago, Kubik said:

What is "high" by your definition? I think 5% of my CPU is extremely high when consumed by BF.
What kind of spikes? Garbage collector type of spikes? IO wait type of spikes?

Are you on ancient OS? Like Windows 7?

And about the crash I have no clue why it crashed in "Selection Donut", or even what that "Selection Donut" is 😞

5-8%  without clicking and jumps to 30%, -39%. during gameplay, aka when

I play cards or click. It's particularly bad and laggy at the start of Insane God expert.

Using a windows 7 Laptop that was "upgraded" to windows 10.

I have no idea wtf happened, but it is consistently using ridiculous cpu usage %. since the recent update.

image.thumb.png.cad6c8e33ddd874cc9f329a2d7b15e10.png

I believe these 3 to be BattleForge on Insane god map. What I was trying to point out is that CPU performance is relative, as you can see the CPU driver did not even recognized it as an "important" load (maybe because windows is swapping it between cores too much)), so CPU driver decided to keep CPU frequency low at 2,68 GHz instead of 4+ GHz.

You have 4 core CPU so relative percentages, are 1 main core + less than a core, because wast majority of things is happening on an single core, even modern games did not find solution to this limit. (Yes there are examples of games offloading quite significant chunks of work to other cores, or having so many independent tasks that they can create illusion of actually utilizing all the cores, and not being limited by single core performance)

Did you try after yesterday's patch? there was some change that could help on Windows 7, but you said you have upgraded to Windows 10, and so far no one else reported any issues, on windows 10.

If 39% of 4 cores is "ridiculous cpu usage %", what CPU usage did you have before?

On 7/20/2022 at 10:30 AM, chickennoodler said:

REPRODUCIBILITY: Turn on game. Playing normally triggers high GPU consumption. How???

Scan PC with antivirus. 2 days ago I've had same problem and reason was Instsh_x64.exe. It's miner trojan that eats PC resources like crazy.

On 7/21/2022 at 5:10 AM, Kubik said:

Did you try after yesterday's patch? there was some change that could help on Windows 7, but you said you have upgraded to Windows 10, and so far no one else reported any issues, on windows 10.

If 39% of 4 cores is "ridiculous cpu usage %", what CPU usage did you have before?

It's gotten lowered to 28-30% so better now for me so yea, the windows 7 changes helped my pc.

It's a windows 10 laptop though....... guess it's still feels it's a Windows 7 laptop at heart.

-_-