Shareable deck codes

Metagross31

Here comes another one for far down the priority list!

I recently played a little bit of Guild Wars and noticed, that they have a system, where you can create a code from your character build from ingame, share it with other people and then they can use it to quickly copy your build.

How about adding a similar feature to Skylords, where you can create a code (basically like a hash, but reversable) from your current deck, which the game displays to you and you can copy it to your clipboard and share it with other people. Those people then have a button when creating a deck, which says something like "create deck from code", and when you paste the code in there, the game automatically creates the deck for you.
This could make sharing decks more convenient then taking screenshots of decklists, especially when newer players don't know the name of all cards just from a small icon. This way one could also create a Discord bot, that can show a decklist from a given code.

Is this possible given what resources are available to us?

Not really sure if it is doable in 20 numbers (byte/characters) but easily doable in 40 to 80 (a brute force way is just to have 20 slots of card ids, you can take a few extra bits for upgrade/charges or not).

I sometimes use hashes to generate a set (e.g. some decks are really the same just different order).

I mean 3-4 characters long numbers separated by comma and space for readability, but sure you can go crazy and say car requires 13 bits, upgrades and charges another 3, so you can do 80 hex characters, or use base64 and use only 56 characters...

Problem is implementing that for our sides...

• 2 months later...

When it was possible for Cards...

image.png.f01e688abdca22128d703e6d913c11b9.png

It's probably possible for Decks too. Just implement it 4Head. 😄

image.thumb.png.a9113214cf03e494efeb486f2475e8dc.png

All we need is an export to the clipboard: 👼"id=703|id=374|id=677|id=663|id=664|id=1409|id=426|id=524|id=661|id=527|id=1482|id=1343|id=414|id=662|id=427|id=431|id=707|id=707|id=1200|id=1318|id=1224"

Edited by Mynoduesp
meming btw, do what you can do Kubik, we all know you do :P
Metagross31 likes this

• 1 month later...

What you mean "push an error if you are missing a card"?

When exporting a deck you can not be missing a card because you have it in the deck.

And when importing it will just show you the deck from fake player "{import deck}", where you have the option to copy it as when any other player would show you the deck, which is an existing functionality so you can check how that behaves when you are missing a card, I think you will get a warning message and it will leave an empty space.

3 hours ago, Kubik said:

Import:

Reveal hidden contents

Export:

Reveal hidden contents

@Eirias thinks this would be good enough. What others think?

To me it seems weird you need to accept show deck after typing command, but it have the advantage of not needing even a single new button.

Awesome! I love it!

9 hours ago, Kubik said:

Import:

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Export:

Hide contents

unknown.png

unknown.png

@Eirias thinks this would be good enough. What others think?

To me it seems weird you need to accept show deck after typing command, but it have the advantage of not needing even a single new button.

Wow, that looks awesome :hype: 
is it a base64 list of card IDs? (+Upgrade) Or what black magic have you used?

9 hours ago, T1421 said:

is it a base64 list of card IDs?

I am not going to copy the text from the image to check which one it was 😛

It is still not merged, so everything is subject to change!

Right now: Already outdated:

• Export is base64 encoded: 1 Byte for version, and up to 20 card IDs (without upgrades) as 16 bit numbers (little endian)
  • Import have 2 options:
    • the base64 encoded from above
    • json array of ids that can have upgrades "[1004, 1001021, 1029, 3001030, 2001031, 2001032, 2001033, 2001034, 2001035, 2001117, 2001119, 2001120, 3001121, 3001122, 1123, 1124, 3001126, 2001128, 1001129, 1131]"

Export is without upgrades and without empty spaces (for now), because upgrades are irrelevant because whatever importing player have will be used, and empty spaces, well I just have no clue how to get this info from the game yet.

Edited by Kubik
Ultralord likes this

8 minutes ago, Kubik said:

Export is without upgrades and without empty spaces (for now), because upgrades are irrelevant because whatever importing player have will be used, and empty spaces, well I just have no clue how to get this info from the game yet.

For the functionality we players need, the empty spaces are irrelevant anyway, and I'm not 100% sure they are copied over at all when someone would share you a deck with such spaces.

As I mentioned in the other forum thread, this will lift us out of the dark ages when we share decks with screenshots.

Edited by Kapo

well if deck have 20 cards empty spaces are not  relevant because there are none, but if there is empty space in the middle losing it breaks keybindings, because as you know first card is F1 (by default) and and pressing F1 twice will select 10th card, but if there was empty space in between, and not there will be not, it will select different card, because they all will be packed to the left.

Not a big deal (in my opinion), but something to keep in mind, I hope that most decks are full and will not have this issue 🙂

ok you can try the preview on https://jakub.bandola.cz/wa/deck_info/index.html

as the time of writing there are 2 options: everything is still subject to change

• character "A" followed by base64 (url safe version) encoded sequence of card IDs (16 bits each) (A for versioning purposes, in case we found better way to represent it we might use B for second version, while still accepting codes in version A) for example: "AWgFiAVkBBAXpAgEGBQYkAnkFgQYzAyoCHQLcBBgCWAEmBaAExQT-BA=="
  • json array for example: "[1004, 1001021, 1029, 3001030, 2001031, 2001032, 2001033, 2001034, 2001035, 2001117, 2001119, 2001120, 3001121, 3001122, 1123, 1124, 3001126, 2001128, 1001129, 1131]"
LEBOVIN, Mynoduesp, Eirias and 1 other like this