CCC #6 - Back to the Roots UNTIL 24.07.2022

Kapo

7 hours ago, JiiPee said:

I think event like this should have been done with cards what everyone have access. Right now I am missing 3 cards and all of them have skyrocket in price, they are like 50 or near each. Even skeleton warrior.

Or you guys should have at least give out code what gives thouse cards...

I am old veteran, played game when it was official and just started to play again like 3 weeks ago. Even that I don't have much experience of game economy, but what I remember in past, there was lot of common cards on sale. Now there isn't what push prices. If I do quick search on market:

- Common 882 cards

- Uncommon 998 cards

- Rare 1006 cards

- Ultra Rare 351 cards

Not sure if it's card reforge to put blame on this? Does people just trash all extra to reforge? idk.. But this doesn't help new players because it's difficult to get charges even for most basic cards.

At least for me it's worries little that market have more rare cards than common and uncommon.

If you are a veteran you should be able to invest a few bfp in some commons, also you don't need to fully charge the cards, just 1 copy of each card is more than enough..

9 minutes ago, Prajoss said:

If you are a veteran you should be able to invest a few bfp in some commons, also you don't need to fully charge the cards, just 1 copy of each card is more than enough..

Veteran from 10 years ago when game was still EA game. Just started to play again like 2-3 weeks ago and BFP are quite limited still when there is so much other stuff you need

Edited by JiiPee

24 minutes ago, JiiPee said:

Veteran from 10 years ago when game was still EA game. Just started to play again like 2-3 weeks ago and BFP are quite limited still when there is so much other stuff you need

oh my bad, didnt read correctly. Yeah I guess if you start late with the challenge the common cards get very rare.

I just checked the prices, so if you have to buy every card 1 time you have to pay about 250 bfp, thats what you get daily for playing 45 minutes not counting the quests.

That means the entry is very cheap and I guess you can always ask here if someone of the players can sponsor you 🙂

Edited by Prajoss

6 hours ago, Potato_Hoarder said:

Quick question,

When you say "the Newbie Card Pool. By participating, players of Bronze or Silver Rank will automatically receive an uncommon random card" how long would one wait for the automatic-ness of this feature?

automatic means in this case I will send them out by hand 😉

(when the contest is done)

Potato_Hoarder likes this

On 7/19/2022 at 9:03 AM, JiiPee said:

Have sent you a leftover SW from my personal stock. Have fun with the contest.

Kapo and Metagross31 like this

Hello again Skylords, Skyladies and other Skybeings; it's time to announce the winners!  

First of all, I’d like to thank everyone for making the Crappy Community Contest #6 happen – no matter in what way: developing the idea, making and helping with the map, participation, sponsoring prizes, spreading the word or helping me to organize it. 

In total, we reached a total number of 120 participants – thanks to the Skylords Team for sponsoring the code: CCC6-TUTO-RIAL-DECK

Here are the Tutorial Speedrunners of the CCC #6

1st place      07:51       RadicalX
2th place       08:24       Wanky         
3nd place      08:33       Trando        
4rd place       08:34       Hiroo  
5th place       08:46       Donaar        
6th place       09:11       Dutchy
7th place       09:19       -Xar-
8th place       09:31       MephistoRoss
9th place       09:46       Yuah
10th place     09:47       Brand         

Runner-ups: 11. Prajoss, 12. SylarXXI, 13. Zizizi, 14. Carofex, 15. Metagross31, 16. Vornskr

Congratulations to the winners! If you are interested, see below for the top 3 replays and some information about how the fastest times were achieved.

Winners of the Random Draws

The dice gods have determined the fate of the following cards:

Draw 1                       Ironclad (R)                    Infinity
Draw 2                       Dreadnought                 Saranche
Draw 3                       Wheel of Gifts                Mormegil
Draw 4                       Core Dredge (R)             Gandalf444
Draw 5                       Church of Negation       SiryDawill91
Draw 6                       Moloch                          xsissel
Draw 7                       Timeshifter Spirit            2022
Draw 8                       QueekQueek                 Ghostrider
Draw 9                       Disenchant (P)               hauclir
Draw 10                      Backlash                       itap
Draw 11                      Disenchant (P)              Dave666
Draw 12                      Gravity Surge (P)           oOBEANOo
Draw 13                      Oracle Mask (G)            SoulLord
Draw 14                      Shrine of War                Hirooo
Draw 15                      Infect                            Sucks
Draw 16                      Enlightenment              Ankastra
Draw 17                      Abyssal Warder(R)         Donaar

Draws 18-22, one General Booster each: Metauriel, xxBerzerk, Lokiman, Jest, shiniryu.

I will send you all prizes as soon as possible through in-game mail. 

Newbie Card Pool

Of the 120 participants, 39 were of Silver or Bronze rank, so I added 24 rare cards to the card pool. Who gets which card has been determined by the roll of the dice. The following cards have already been sent out:

Spoiler

Burning Spears                 Veletical
Shaman                            Sabak
Lost Spirit Ship (R)            KilianDermoth
Lost Spirit Ship (G)            Luke_Meat
Grimvine                          Potato_Horder
Frost Mage                      Metauriel
Coldsnap                         Beowolf
Skyfire Drake                   Codlbodl
Fire Dragon                     Amset
Shadow Phoenix              Lokiman
Thunderstorm                 Mormegil
Ensnaring Roots              Alpenjoe
Soulhunter (P)                 Jest
Soulhunter (B)                 Shinigami56
Construct                        Aethordas
Firesworn (R)                   SneedsFeednSeed
Gladiatrix (G)                   Shiruken
Fire Worm                       ke4life
Batariel (P)                      BackToMy2010
Shadow Mage                 Azmazo
Ashbone Pyro                 DeityExcalibur
Fallen Skyelf                    Chicken66
Ice Guardian                   Dimeros
Stormsinger (G)              DuzaBF
Skyelf Sage                     Entaure
Treespirit (G)                   Katchau
Fathom Lord                  Oumuamua
Corsair (G)                      Kabinsis
Crystal Fiend (G)             Kuronma
Rogan Kayle                   R4bitF00t
Ravenheart                    SiryDawill91
Scythe Fiend                  Ishra
Cultist Master                Spekki
Satanael (R)                    WaterMelonLord
Skyelf Templar                Bamperr
Timeless One                 Zizizi
Grove Spirit                   fShark
Banzai Lord (G)              ProzacSmoothie
Abomination (P)            MrEule

Total list of achieved times

In case you want to know how you stacked up, here is the total list of submitted times:

Spoiler

07:51
08:24
08:33
08:34
08:46
09:05
09:11
09:19
09:31
09:46
09:47
09:52
09:59
10:00
10:21.1
10:21.4
10:31.3
10:31.6
10:39
11:09
11:18
11:22
11:23
11:23
11:25
11:36
11:37
11:45
11:47
11:58
11:58
12:01
12:02
12:04
12:09
12:16
12:19
12:20
12:21
12:29
12:31
12:32
12:36
12:43
12:46
12:48
12:51
12:55
12:59
13:01
13:04
13:07
13:08
13:16
13:16
13:24
13:25
13:26
13:28
13:30
13:36
13:37
13:38
13:39
13:40
13:56
13:56
13:58
14:07
14:09
14:17
14:19
14:21
14:25
14:30
14:30
14:40
14:41
14:44
14:47
14:47
14:49
14:51
14:57
15:00
15:02
15:06
15:07
15:09
15:32
15:33
15:34
15:34
15:36
15:41
15:45
15:53
15:53
15:55
15:56
16:10
16:16
16:20
16:42
16:44
26:55
27:34

Replays and how it was won

Here are the Replays of the Top 3 Runs: CCC6_07.51.4_RadicalX.pmv CCC6_8.24.4_Wanky.pmv CCC6_08.33.4_Trando.pmv

Behind the spoiler, you find a written description of how the top time was achieved:

Spoiler

A really fast run is all about energy. Starting from the end, the question is: How much energy do you need to kill the boss? If you need 10 Thornbarks or Frenzys to kill him, there is no need to hurry in the first part – you have to wait anyway. If you require way less energy, it's worth optimizing the first two parts of the map too. One of the ways to optimize your energy is to use the Amii Healing Stone instead of Surge of Light. A super quick way of getting to it to activate and wait out the first mine, but running into the second mine to access the stone because your units get hurled toward it.

2068809875_CCC6radi1.jpg.bd4df4c15c88e51f8ad397693295a758.jpg

On the wall, it is preferable to use the Burrowers Acid spit ability, it unmans archers, and they get damaged by the earthquake. Also, it might be counter-intuitive that you man the wall just for the quest and instantly destroy it – since it binds energy, and the mandatory Stone of Torment needs no help with the wave. You are able to just walk by them and proceed to the bigger camp.

1996016685_CCC6radi2.jpg.c4efdf80e0d43a19d6fc77895b10a622.jpg

Three burrowers, Rogan and the (now frenzied) Forsaken are enough with the help of Surge of Light. All but one burrower are killed, and after the cutscene you can tunnel to the orb and get Rogan and the Burrower healed at the tunnel. Both together are used to pass the enemies waiting for you, and with good timing the T3 is up just in time to spawn a Mutating Frenzy.

581370455_CCC6radi5.jpg.46df975f097d6c3914bfa1733ec0d2c2.jpg

So, how many do you need to kill the boss? RadicalX answer to this was: only one. Very few enemies will follow you to the healer, and you instantly start stacking the Deathwish ability, so the Frenzy deals more and more damage. The Master requires some time to adjust and heal himself, but within that time he is already dead.

But why is one Frenzy enough for the boss? Because this deck is stacked with the perfect tank – Skeleton Warriors. Besides their armor ability, they are a squad of six, and melee enemies without real splash damage have to kill them off one by one, even if their health is depleted. And if they are healed, their numbers are replenished. So if you get your Deathwish and spawn timing right – which is a hell of a task – you can kill the Ragged King just with one Frenzy and one Skeleton Warrior squad. Of course, they both die seconds after… but Moon has ready determined that you know what it means to be a Skylord.

There are a lot of other small tricks that other Skylords used – like extra use of Stone of Torment or Skeleton Warriors, pulling the enemies at the wall early, so they don't man the walls, pulling the Boss toward your troops to save time,

In conclusion

First and foremost, I'd like to thank again all those who helped with this event, especially @LEBOVIN for putting so many hours into the map. It has been the biggest CCC so far, and spiraled out of control in terms of size more and more and more. Hopefully I made no mistake in taking entries in, entering times, checking and sorting, sending out prizes... CCC#7 is scheduled in a few days and will be much smaller.

Of course, I'd like to thank the generous sponsors for all the prizes they gave: @TheBigWet, @Metagross31, @Donaar, @Trando, @Sylar, @Kemek, @Prajoss, @Vysnia and the Skylords Reborn Team. This is also the last contest that the immense collection of @Simplifying has sponsored, and I hope he fares well in his life outside the game.

If you have a crappy idea for future CCC's you may share and discuss that with me, maybe I host your idea, or you can host your own Crappy Contest! Feel free to contact me anytime. If you want to discuss or host a non-crappy contest, contact our Event Managers @Minashigo Hiko and/or @Metagross31. They are super supportive and will help you to organize your event!

Edited by Kapo

28 minutes ago, murloc017 said:

Can we know at least how many players participated in the contest?
:money:

That will be revealed in the stream too, together with the code.

(and after that there will be the winners post here as always, which I am already preparing)

Edited by Kapo
Metagross31 likes this

2 hours ago, RNG Golvigstein said:

Did we need to watch stream to get the code, or it will be posted here anyway?

Of course it will be posted here too, the result post will go online during the stream, containing all information.

I'm super hyped that Prajoss makes a reveal stream, but it would be weird to force that upon everybody 🙂

Edited by Kapo
Deadman and Metagross31 like this

Due to the nature of so many entries, I will wait a day until I sent out the prices to make sure I got everything right, just in case I made more than one mistake. 

If you find your time missing in the top times, just drop me a DM 😃

Deadman and Metagross31 like this

Now that event is over and I watched Prajoss stream, it bought up some memories from 12 years ago. I had a buddy and we did all kind of fun runs. Luckily one other community member back then was interested our run on Convoy where we killed boss with Mutating frenzy.

So if you didn't get enough MF maniac, here is some blast from the past. Not really a speedrun, but fun run, abusing all kind of mechanics. 😉

Today people solo it much faster, but back then we didnt know all tricks what is knows now. We just set some goal and when we did succeed we stopped doing it and moved to some other madness, like Insane God, Satanael/Snapjaws spam. 😉

What comes to event, graz to all winners and also @Kapo salute to you, that map did look interesting. Sadly I was missing too many key cards and was busy on other stuff so I had no time to take a part of this event.

Kapo likes this