Defending hope buildings only achievement bug

RedMush

I played a Mono-Frost deck and pylon'd my way over using defense barriers to Rogan finding that none of the towers I used made him run to the city so that I could complete the scenario. Is the achievement bugged or do buildings just not count as ground presence when next to Rogan Kayle so you can continue the mission?

Thanks for any response!

2022-06-07_19-44-11_DefendingHope_diff3_s64486_RedMush_time_0_34_22.0_v258.pmv _log_proxy_latest.log

Velorio likes this

Hello RedMush,

Rogan Kayle requires that a unit be next to him in order to begin walking into Hope. There are a few different cards that can help you get around this without breaking the do not play a unit card requirement.  

57 minutes ago, WindHunter said:

Hello RedMush,

Rogan Kayle requires that a unit be next to him in order to begin walking into Hope. There are a few different cards that can help you get around this without breaking the do not play a unit card requirement.  

Any chance we will see this fixed?

I had the same expierience, and I think having a "buildings/spells only" that requires a workaround to have a unit is rather lackluster.

Kubik and Dutchy like this

DESCRIPTION: When I was doing the quest in "defending hope" map on expert with buildings only, I found out it's not actually possible to get rogan to move without units, thus not being able to finish the quest if you (like me) didn't bring a unit.

I've attached screenshots of the game.

Notes:

I've tried clearing the entire map of enemies - didnt work

I've tried walling off enemy cave spawners - didnt work

I've tried making him a literal path of towers  with not a single space inbetween them, didnt work.

Please could you check this out and fix it?

Thanks.

-Marius

Spoiler

bf-1.jpg

Spoiler

bf-2.jpg

Spoiler

bf-3.jpg

Edited by Velorio
Sorting images into spilers

I'm not opposed to changing it, but that also assumes we can find the correct script and variable to change it. Finding the correct variables on official maps can often be like searching for a needle in a haystack. 

Tested again, same issue. The moment i spawned a unit Rogan Activated, but that meant that i can no longer get the achievement.

Spoiler

bf-4.jpg

Spoiler

bf-5.jpg

Edited by Velorio
sorting images into spoilers

Without looking at the script I am pretty confident that this can be changed if we decide to do it. Likely it is only a simple event condition that needs to be found and changed.

(from PlayerSquadIsInRange to PlayerSquadIsInRange OR PlayerBuildingIsInRange)

Although, since it is a veteran achievement I don't mind it being not 100% obvious like the others.

Edited by LEBOVIN

7 minutes ago, LEBOVIN said:

Currently this is the intended functionality. Keep thinking or look in the forum / ask ingame on how to tackle this one 🙂

I am guessing the only way is to cheese it and use "wololo" type of spell on enemy unit to get them under control.

If that's the case then honestly its pretty stupid and shouldn't be an achievement at all. Like why waste hours confusing players that don't have "lets cheese it" type of mindset or want to play pure decks that quite frankly do not contain spells of that type (in the entire element for that matter), especially if they are encouraged by a lot of other quests to play these exact maps with pure decks. Like god it's a quest that screams "finally something for frost" "finally a place where to use these useless frost cards".

God i hope it's not the case, and it's just a bug.

The map itself was also working like that before the patch, so this is not a bug. There are other achievements that require you to play a specific faction aswell. 🤷‍♂️

Anyhow, since most of the players like easy to get achievements, chances are this might get changed.

Edited by LEBOVIN

44 minutes ago, LEBOVIN said:

Anyhow, since most of the players like easy to get achievements, chances are this might get changed.

I would argue making it REALLY pure buildings makes it harder, not easier.

Velorio likes this

11 minutes ago, Kapo said:

I would argue making it REALLY pure buildings makes it harder, not easier.

Amen to that. Do you realize how long it took me to establish those front lines using only ice barriers 😅

Kapo likes this

16 hours ago, LEBOVIN said:

Although, since it is a veteran achievement I don't mind it being not 100% obvious like the others.

It is buildings only achievement. And making it truly buildings only makes it harder. (while actually quite fun figuring out movement on the map)

As it is now it looks more like a bug available only to a select few elements rather than "you need to figure it out" cos i don't think its that hard to figure it out, it's just a waste of time for people that get into it for the first play.

I am glad someone else agrees.

• 3 months later...