"A City Strongly Compact" Ground Presence Bug

I played a Mono-Frost deck and pylon'd my way over using defense barriers to Rogan finding that none of the towers I used made him run to the city so that I could complete the scenario. Is the achievement bugged or do buildings just not count as ground presence when next to Rogan Kayle so you can continue the mission?

Thanks for any response!

2022-06-07_19-44-11_DefendingHope_diff3_s64486_RedMush_time_0_34_22.0_v258.pmv _log_proxy_latest.log

Velorio likes this

Hello RedMush,

Rogan Kayle requires that a unit be next to him in order to begin walking into Hope. There are a few different cards that can help you get around this without breaking the do not play a unit card requirement.  

57 minutes ago, WindHunter said:

Hello RedMush,

Rogan Kayle requires that a unit be next to him in order to begin walking into Hope. There are a few different cards that can help you get around this without breaking the do not play a unit card requirement.  

Any chance we will see this fixed?

I had the same expierience, and I think having a "buildings/spells only" that requires a workaround to have a unit is rather lackluster.

Dutchy and Kubik like this

I'm not opposed to changing it, but that also assumes we can find the correct script and variable to change it. Finding the correct variables on official maps can often be like searching for a needle in a haystack. 

Posted (edited)

Without looking at the script I am pretty confident that this can be changed if we decide to do it. Likely it is only a simple event condition that needs to be found and changed.

(from PlayerSquadIsInRange to PlayerSquadIsInRange OR PlayerBuildingIsInRange)

Although, since it is a veteran achievement I don't mind it being not 100% obvious like the others.

Edited by LEBOVIN
16 hours ago, LEBOVIN said:

Although, since it is a veteran achievement I don't mind it being not 100% obvious like the others.

It is buildings only achievement. And making it truly buildings only makes it harder. (while actually quite fun figuring out movement on the map)

As it is now it looks more like a bug available only to a select few elements rather than "you need to figure it out" cos i don't think its that hard to figure it out, it's just a waste of time for people that get into it for the first play.

I am glad someone else agrees.