Northstar dmg-vs-frozen bonus bug for building abilities

Nemless

NAME: Northstar dmg-vs-frozen bonus bug for building abilities
DESCRIPTION:
Northstar (b, u3) is supposed to give a 50% damage bonus to all friendly entities in its range against frozen units, alongside ignoring the usual damage reduction for frozen units. For a Worldbreaker Gun, for example, this works as intended. But when the Gun has a Skyelf Sage attached to it (u2; 100%dmg increase), the northstar's 50% bonus damage gets lost when using the Gun's Heavy Snowball ability. (Damage reduction for frozen units still works fine.)
Calculation: Unit has 5300hp, regular WBG ability dmg is 2200. With a Skyelf Sage (u2; 100%dmg increase) attached, dmg is 4400. Remaining hp: 5300 - 4400 = 900hp
                   If the unit is frozen, and with northstar (b, u3; 50%dmg increase vs frozen) close to the WBG, the ability dmg is supposed to be 5500 (assuming the bonuses simply add up), which would
                   make it a 1 hit kill, but instead it remains with 900hp. (see images below.) So the Skyelf Sage bonus works as normal; so does the dmg reduction against frozen units. But not northstar's
                   dmg bonus against frozen units.
REPRODUCIBILITY: Always happens.
SCREENSHOT: See images.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Same goes for Comet Catcher. It looks like it's ability related only. For auto-attacks all seems to work fine.

1138496905_Image1-fullhp.png

Image 2 - after shot.png

On 10/20/2021 at 3:04 PM, Cocofang said:

Most % damage buffs don’t stack and only the biggest one applies, so don’t overdo it with those.

This is probably in many places but sounds like the reason to me? Pretty sure I have tested Northstar stacking myself since I use that in my "for fun" deck and unfortunately +50% is less than +100% so Skyelf Sage's buff wins (no stacking). Core Dredge B does stack because that is an internal buff and there are some other exceptions as well.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use