Nature Cards Tier List

Hi all!

I have created a tier list of all Nature cards below!

https://tiermaker.com/create/skylords-reborn-nature-cards-pve-tier-list-15125367

Do play around with it and let's compare how we have ranked our Nature cards based on its usefulness in PvE matches 🙂

It'll be really interesting to see the different perspectives and i believe there is no right or wrong answer to the tier list you have created. The video below is how I ranked my tier list.

Metagross31, Dutchy and Dallarian like this

Great video as always.

I have taken your list and made my own ranking of the nature cards. 

Cards are randomly within each grade. their position in the line has no impact on their usefulness. 

DISCLAIMER: This list is with how the nature cards are currently, pre-patch. 

image.thumb.png.17780ea70252ed7ddb0d57e8ed14dbd2.png

Dallarian and KserSke like this

12 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

Great video as always.

I have taken your list and made my own ranking of the nature cards. 

Cards are randomly within each grade. their position in the line has no impact on their usefulness. 

DISCLAIMER: This list is with how the nature cards are currently, pre-patch. 

image.thumb.png.17780ea70252ed7ddb0d57e8ed14dbd2.png

I can tell you are not a great fan of root networks haha

Thanks for the video and congrats on your engagement!

I decided to do a tier list for how good I think certain cards will be after we finish working on Nature as a faction. It takes into account both campaign and RPvE. Some explanation:

S-tier: Either breaks the game on certain maps or in certain archetypes, and/or you are trolling not to include it. 
A-tier: Much stronger than other options in the same tier and/or archetype (ie. Windweavers); or only card of their type, often enabling unique strategies (ie. Sylvan Gate).
B-tier: Strong options nearly always worth bringing (ie. Ensnaring), enable their own deck archetypes (ie. Abyssal & Spore Launcher), or highly excel in their given niche (ie. Living Tower & Thornbark)
C-tier: Good cards, typically outcompeted by cards in higher tiers or more situational in use. All still strong enough to beat maps on expert, particularly if building on a budget. Might excel in 2-3 scenarios (ie. Giant Wyrm on PtD and Dwarven Riddle) but otherwise outcompeted.
D-tier: Superfluous cards which are heavily outcompeted by other cards in the same tier (ie. Fathom Lord), or highly situational (ie. Burrow Ritual). 
F-tier: You never need these cards and you would only include them if you wanted to fill your deck and had nothing else. 

image.png

For people who want to make their own lists: Nature PvE Tier List Maker

Metagross31 likes this

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,
so, after completing the Force of Nature achievement, I decided to do my own ranking of Nature cards. Rankings are made under a PvE perspective.

I tried to order the cards within each tier so that the best ones are on the left side and the worse ones on the right side. For spacing purposes, I also avoided to rank each individual affinity if there's no substantial ranking difference in them. For example: Equilibrium G and F would both be in the same A-Tier, so I only ranked one of them. Conversely, there's a huge difference in Mumbo Jumbo's affinities, so you'll see them both.
Here it is:

1534896558_NatureTierList.thumb.png.d92d85fc0ddeeb59bed551bd7b311c50.png

A few comments:

• Shrine of Memory is the major buff Nature has received. I always thought Pure Nature missed a good void return mechanism to be viable in PvE - and now there's one. Alongside Surge of Light and Breeding Grounds, SoM is the card I always included in the decks I used to complete the Force o Nature Quest.
  • Parasite Swarm is the best T2 option Nature has. And by a huge margin. It literally carries runs on both Nightmare Maps, Convoy, Oracle, Behind Enemy Lines and Soultree.
  • Nature T2 Units, beside Parasite Swarm, lack something. Spikeroot and Deep Ones are powerful (the former excels with full Root support), but are both costly melee units which require support to express their full potential. Burrowers are good too, but only on very limited circumnstances (Titans P1 and P2 and Siege of Hope for example). The rest is very underwhelming, especially considering the only ranged unit are Spirit Hunters. When theorycrafting the decks for the runs, I have chosen many times to include T2 units (mainly Deep Ones) but ultimately I have not used them - in lots of maps the super good Nature T1 can carry you all the way up to T3 without problems.
  • Note that i may change my mind on Nature T2 after trying Sunken Temple a lot.
  • Fountain of Rebirth buff really make the card better than Shaman, especially in scenarios with a long T1. Also, it's a global heal.
  • Creeping Paralysis is another card that really benefits from the buffs. It's not good as Oink - which doesn't have a delayed effect and is splashable - but it excels in scanarios where you use the CC to engage enemies in combat. Oink is much more flexible, but less efficient when used in combat since enemies wil get retransformed after being attacked.
  • Razorleaf is a legit B-Tier card. It's the King of the Root and basically the sole reason you want to include the root nexus system in your deck. It excels at defending scenarios with lots of L units coming at you (Insane God, Convoy, Nightmare maps) and has a very long range (useful, for example, in Defending Hope and Behind Enemy Lines). The only problem I see with the root nexus system is that it requires a lot of bound power, which is an issue at the lower tiers. Besides Razorleaf, all the other good root system cards sit in the C-Tier. Living Tower, on the other hand, lies in the D-Tier: I dont really like the card - it really becomes useful with full root system support and can't be used alone as a defensive tower. I don't really like Sylvan Gate as well, I just feel like it's a redundant card (Razorleaf does enough damage on its own) Some argue that can be used to effectively use the root system for offensive purposes, but I feel like that's not needed, especially since Nature T3 already has Swamp Drakes. Nonetheless, I'll try to use the root system offensively in the next days and I may change my mind on the Gate.
  • Forest Elders got a huge upgrade recently and the both gained a Tier since the patch. Breeding Ground is arguably one of the best Nature cards and having a walking one is super good. Forest Elder G also helps dealing more damage (a thing that Nature lacks at T4, especially since the only XL counter is Colossus) and the P affinity is incredibly useful at dealing with mid-sized tier enemies (waves in Nightmare's End and Insane God for example).
  • I still think Nature misses something at T4. Forest Elder, Giant Wyrm and Primeval Watcher are all good cards, but none of them excels at dealing with XL units, which can be an issue in some maps and rpve 9-10. The spells don't help either. Mind Control is ok but super costly and Noxious Cloud simply doesn't do enough damage.
  • Wheel of Gift, ah yeah, that card. Please don't let me start on this one.

See you in the Forge,

Donaar

Volin and Metagross31 like this

13 hours ago, ThomasMann said:

I gotta ask, what's with the hate on wheel of gift, am I missing something, if i play this card do you all hate me? What is going on, do you guys just think its bad? 

the main hate is that many build it way too early in rPvE. at the start of T4 phase, you should spawn your units and start cleaning camps. if you spend all your energy handing out wheels, you are not contributing to the progress while the impact of the wheels will is negligible.

once everyone has a big army wheels can be okay to build, e.g. when you move to the last lane.

in short: 20% buffs on small armies = not smart

Dutchy likes this

9 hours ago, Kapo said:

the main hate is that many build it way too early in rPvE. at the start of T4 phase, you should spawn your units and start cleaning camps. if you spend all your energy handing out wheels, you are not contributing to the progress while the impact of the wheels will is negligible.

once everyone has a big army wheels can be okay to build, e.g. when you move to the last lane.

in short: 20% buffs on small armies = not smart

Isnt a 20% buff on 3 allies + your smaller army still okay though?

1 hour ago, Majora said:

Isnt a 20% buff on 3 allies + your smaller army still okay though?

Yes, but not right away. Mathematics and practical application dont always go along. In theory, if there lets say 5 (allied) units of the same strength buffed by 20%, that should be in theory the same as you spawning one of those units. But: Mathematics doesnt consider something overkill damage on early camps - do you really need that 20% when the whole camp is trashed anyway by a single Thunderstorm? Speaking of Thunderstorm, Wheel doesn't buff spells. So only an ally that generates his damage through units profits fully from the buff.

So you are losing out on a player that could start clear a camp on his own, while the benefit is minimal.

On later lanes this is different, of course. When you are at a point overflowing in energy Wheels can be beneficial.

This post is hopefully @Volin-approved 😉

Edited by Kapo
Volin likes this

6 minutes ago, arabikaa said:

Do wheels make mauler viable in T3 🤔 I never tried tbh 😉

With enough Maulers, and enough buffs on the Maulers, with super healing, nothing can really stop them, except the op paralyze tower, I'm looking at you Twilight will zapper, if only the actual card was like the one in the pve. 

Metagross31 and Kapo like this

• 11 months later...