viability of cards

Mechcash

So let´s talk about the viability of some BF cards and decide if a rework would be considerable. I always loved the creative cards that came with the expansions and I definitely was able to try the majority of them.What i want to say is ,sure there where almost no borders for your creativy in "lowish"-pve but in higher ranks and especially in pvp I just wasnt able to use some of the cards I really enjoyed for their "art"/design^^ I don´t want to say BF is unbalanced- god no its one of the most balanced games i ever saw.And yes I know ,every game gets a META sooner or later. Still, I would wish there was a way e.g. reworks to make even more cards viable as there already are to guarantee more and more creativity :)
What´s your opinion on this subject guys? Let me know! :rolleyes:

This subject is very close to my heart. I think if we can run a test server and constantly test and retune cards it would be a priceless resource - one that I would love to pour time into.

To concerns about not knowing how players will use cards once it goes public I think this fear comes from the pace of EA changes. If they screwed up it would be minimum 2 months later of terror before any fix occurs. There is nothing stopping us for patching as we go far more often.

In my vision for bforge, every card should have a use, even if that use is in rare situations. There should never be a completely outclassed or worthless card.

Edit: Except Girl Power - Please delete that card as fast as you can and never speak of it again.

[quote='ndclub' pid='10966' dateline='1438197163']
This subject is very close to my heart. I think if we can run a test server and constantly test and retune cards it would be a priceless resource - one that I would love to pour time into.

To concerns about not knowing how players will use cards once it goes public I think this fear comes from the pace of EA changes. If they screwed up it would be minimum 2 months later of terror before any fix occurs. There is nothing stopping us for patching as we go far more often.

In my vision for bforge, every card should have a use, even if that use is in rare situations. There should never be a completely outclassed or worthless card.

Edit: Except Girl Power - Please delete that card as fast as you can and never speak of it again.
[/quote]

Actually, I thought girl power was okay in a pure fire deck for buffing firedancer and gladiatrix?

I love how balanced this game is, and my fear is that making more options viable will upset the balance. That said, I would LIKE to see more variety of cards. In my opinion, the best way this would be implemented would be through tome (probably some modification would have to be done).

I'm definitely not opposed to a test server with tweaks running, but they'd need to be tested extensively before put into the real game, and removed very quickly if something surfaces as OP that the test server didn't predict.

I think we should also have program in the game that runs statistics, for help with balancing.

[quote='Eirias' pid='11099' dateline='1438225590']

[/quote]

Actually, I thought girl power was okay in a pure fire deck for buffing firedancer and gladiatrix?

I love how balanced this game is, and my fear is that making more options viable will upset the balance. That said, I would LIKE to see more variety of cards. In my opinion, the best way this would be implemented would be through tome (probably some modification would have to be done).

I'm definitely not opposed to a test server with tweaks running, but they'd need to be tested extensively before put into the real game, and removed very quickly if something surfaces as OP that the test server didn't predict.

I think we should also have program in the game that runs statistics, for help with balancing.
[/quote]

Well iam not so certain about how much is it balanced - some cards are OP as hell (used solo, not in combo) .
Some examples might be Curse Well, Batariel, Lost Vigil (its range is insane...)  :) :P

[quote='Oops' pid='11139' dateline='1438245309']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well iam not so certain about how much is it balanced - some cards are OP as hell (used solo, not in combo) .
Some examples might be Curse Well, Batariel, Lost Vigil (its range is insane...)  :) :P
[/quote]

None of those cards are OP (with the possible exception of curse well, because it really only helps factions which already have great t3). Batariel is useless in PvP, and vigils die pretty easily for 160 power cost.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Even though it is "ok" in some circumstances it still remains true that this card is confusing(why have cards based on gender if cards do not list gender, even if they did...why?...), borderline offensive, doesn't fulfill a need the game had, and doesn't make sense thematically.

And though we have discussed before - where you think the game is balanced as is, I think it can do far better. I know you think it risks making it worse but a test server would alleviate the vast majority of this problem.

[quote='ndclub' pid='11217' dateline='1438266753']
[/quote]
[/quote]

Even though it is "ok" in some circumstances it still remains true that this card is confusing(why have cards based on gender if cards do not list gender, even if they did...why?...),  borderline offensive, doesn't fulfill a need the game had, and doesn't make sense thematically.

And though we have discussed before - where you think the game is balanced as is, I think it can do far better. I know you think it risks making it worse but a test server would alleviate the vast majority of this problem.
[/quote]

i agree that some cards needs some rework and love however i do not think that we can afford a second server. The problem of making some cards very op might be not as big if there isn't that much time between patches, but atm we can't really make any statement about patches etc.,
but again i do agree that balance always can and SHOULD get improved.

Well no one has quoted the price of the first server yet so I don't think we can make assumptions and remove suggestions based off of the price of a second yet.

Also consider that a server cost is related to the amount of traffic it will receive. A test server will be very sparsely populated. I could almost see a situation where we could host our own server using own equipment for such a small load.

[quote='ndclub' pid='11293' dateline='1438281648']
Well no one has quoted the price of the first server yet so I don't think we can make assumptions and remove suggestions based off of the price of a second yet.

Also consider that a server cost is related to the amount of traffic it will receive. A test server will be very sparsely populated. I could almost see a situation where we could host our own server using own equipment for such a small load.
[/quote]

hmm oke i agree with that. I guess that some good PVP and PVE players should be enough to test out those cards.