The PvP League - Phase II (Signup ends on 06.05.22!)

Toggy

Okay Skyladies and Skylords, it is time to advance to Phase II of the PvP league and that includes more info on the whole thing and opening of the signup page!

sunderer_smallest.jpgcommunity_splitter.png

Format

The league will consist of small groups (divisions) of about 8 players who will fight each other, one opponent per week. A season ends when everyone played everyone in the group. Players should be roughly equal in skill level but be aware that the first seasons(s) might be a little of a wildcard to get that sorted.

To give you an example of how the structure of the league may look:

1a: the target audience are the top players, platinum rank
2a, 2b: the second tier of players, probably higher gold ranks
3a, 3b, 3c, ...: lower gold players to high silver
4a, 4b, 4c, ...: new players and silver players

Divisions with the same number are supposed to be roughly equal in skillevel.
At the end of a season the top players will have the chance to promote in division while the bottom players will have the chance to be demoted to lower divisions.

Rules

General Rules:
-To participate you need a Skylords Reborn account and be present in the official PvP discord server
-You play versus one opponent each week, as shown by the playchart of your division
-Display sportsmanship, listen to admins
-Not showing up to a match or disconnecting results in a default loss, though rematches are recommended
-Contact your opponent to schedule a matchday and time during your playweek, you can do this via the PvP Discord
-If you cannot agree on a day and time, default day/time is Sunday at 7pm CET

Matchrules:

-Each player picks either 1 or 0. Use /roll 1 to determine who wins the coinflip. The winner can decide if he wants to ban a map first or if he wants to be able to lock in the deck last.
-Mapdraft: There are 6 maps in the pool: Haladur, Simai, Elyon, Lajesh, Uro and Yrmia. Everyone bans 2 of those maps (1-2-1, /roll 1 to determine who goes first). The remaining two maps will be played with the map of the cointoss loser first
-Play two matches versus your opponent, one on each map left after the drafting
-You can change decks between matches, free PvP Decks are allowed (and even recommended), the one with the higher base elo would have to lock in first if you cannot decide
-Save the replays, they act as proof. Admins are allowed to ask for replays anytime
-Report the score to your league admin
-Gain 1 point for a 1-1 (draw) and 2 points for a 2-0 (win), losing 0-2 or losing via default lose does not result in any points

Signup

You can sign up for the league using this link or the button below
You will be asked for you Forum name, ingame name, prefered league to start in and Discord account.

image.png

The official PvP discord will be mainly used for communication and updates. 
Please join it using this link.

As always, if you have any questions reply in this thread. Keep in mind that neither the format nor the rules are set in stone yet, and while the signup lasts (about ~4 weeks) there might still be changes.

See you in the forge,

Toggy

Edited by Toggy

• Majora changed the title to The PvP League - Phase II (Signup is open)
  • Majora pinned and featured this topic
On 3/23/2022 at 12:20 PM, Toggy said:

Everyone bans 2 of those maps, the player with the higher base elo bans first. The remaining two maps will be played.

As in, higher elo bans 1, lower elo bans 1, higher elo bans 1, lower elo bans 1?

The typical way to do this is ban order 1-2-1 and it's generally considered that the player banning last has the advantage. Since leagues are specifically trying to match elos, I wouldn't use that as the basis of granting an advantage.

I would recommend using "/roll 1" to generate a random number 0 or 1, let other player choose which one wins (it's just a coin toss). Player who wins the roll gets to choose whether they ban first/last or mid, in the 1-2-1 format.

Who hits "ready" first?

13 hours ago, Eirias said:

As in, higher elo bans 1, lower elo bans 1, higher elo bans 1, lower elo bans 1?

The typical way to do this is ban order 1-2-1 and it's generally considered that the player banning last has the advantage. Since leagues are specifically trying to match elos, I wouldn't use that as the basis of granting an advantage.

I would recommend using "/roll 1" to generate a random number 0 or 1, let other player choose which one wins (it's just a coin toss). Player who wins the roll gets to choose whether they ban first/last or mid, in the 1-2-1 format.

Who hits "ready" first?

Hey Eirias,

good points, the rules were now updated. Feel free to help us improve the rules in the general text channel on the PvP-Discord.

Greetings,

Toggy

Hola, I would like to join the League of Skylords (LoS(?)).

Really cool initiative.

However, I will probably not be able to meet every week to play a match.

Or maybe I will, not sure yet.

If that means I will get an auto-loss every now and then, that is okay for me.

See you all in the Forge!

Enjoy your day,

FoodForThought

Dutchy and Toggy like this

Hey Skyladies and Skylords,

to give you a little update: We crossed 40 participants for the league today! Pretty much all the divisions are coming together quite nicely and I am very happy to see a lot of new names there. Signup will stay open for another ~4weeks until we go to Phase III which will be a tournament to kick things off and publishing of the Division lists. 

See you in the Forge,

Toggy

Hirooo, RadicalX, Volin and 4 others like this

Greetings Skyladies and Skylords,

We have crossed 50 participants for the league and everything is advancing as planned, therefore I can proudly announce that we will transition into Phase III and the start of the league soon (~2weeks).

This also means that the signup to the league will end on 06.05.22 .

Stay tuned for a final release of the rules and the divions with members and admins.

Greetings,

Toggy

Dutchy, Ultralord, Volin and 1 other like this

• Toggy changed the title to The PvP League - Phase II (Signup ends on 06.05.22!)
  • Majora unfeatured and unpinned this topic