BF points management for PvP decks

Hi guys, 

I am a beginner and played today my first PvP Games. 

After seeing the free PvP decks I am getting the feeling that it doesn't make sence to actually buy all the expensive cards when we could use the free decks and just adjust them as we like. 

Therefore rather investing in promo cards to have the advantage.

Are there any disadvantages of this way except that you can only 2 decks at the same time?

Do I need am own deck for ranked? 

Are the free decks usually allowed by organizers for tournaments?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Dutchy and Dallarian like this

Hey Jasonfly,

After seeing the free PvP decks I am getting the feeling that it doesn't make sence to actually buy all the expensive cards when we could use the free decks and just adjust them as we like. 

You start with the free decks as a skeleton and then exchange cards to fit your style. Also you can only have 2 free PvP decks (and maybe want to play more later on).

Therefore rather investing in promo cards to have the advantage.

Promo cards do not give any advantage, they are simply maximum upgraded cards with a visual effect.

Do I need am own deck for ranked? 

Nope, you can use the free decks in ranked PvP.

Are the free decks usually allowed by organizers for tournaments?

Absolutely! In tournaments being predictable is a huge disadvantage though, so if you ever want to win one (good luck) you should have a few decks or special cards up your sleeve.

Greetings,

DasToggy

Dallarian, Metagross31 and Dutchy like this

hey @Jasonfly, First off, I saw your pvp game today. You did awesome, great job!

As our dear pvp streamer mentioned above, those free pvp decks are allowed everywhere and no one will give you a bad eye when they see that you use them. Every pvp player I know would even incentivize you to use them.  I have been playing pvp for a year now, and I have played pure fire mainly. Recently I wanted to try out bandits and those free pvp decks were an awesome template and starting point for me to experiment with different cards. I would suggest to pick a new deck every couple days ( after you tried them) to see what fits your style and what doesn't. Every 24 hours you can select 2 new decks to try out. 

I wish you a lot of fun in pvp, do not lose hope after losing a couple games, I went 8w-50L in the first month 😉

Metagross31 likes this

Before our Anniversary patch, the cooldown for swapping decks was actually 7 days, instead of 24 hours. This resulted in a incentive to actually get the cards needed for PvP, to give you more flexibility.

However, what we found is that it is SO important in PvP to have level 120 decks, that you are actually discouraged to try out new strategies and decks. For this reason, the cooldown was swapped to 24 hours instead. Collecting cards as a pvp player now has 3 benefits:

- Bling; by only focussing on collecting promo's.
- The deck-swap cooldown does not effect you; while 24 hours is a lot better to try out new decks, there might still be times you want to swap on the fly, having the cards yourself fixes this.
- To adjust your deck to your liking.

I feel the last point is not being done enough. People are either not aware they can mix and match their Free PvP cards with their own collection, or they simply dont care to do so. While the PvP decks are absolutely great starter points and allow you to be competitive, there is still so much more exploration and alteration to do. It also highly depends on playstyle. For example, Aura of Corruption is a staple in most shadow decks. However, I never really used it the right way, so I ended up cutting it from most of my decks. On the other hand, Viridya was a competely underplayed card, and is now a cornerstone in most of my decks, working out great. 

Lastly, I can highly recommend the following guide for any PvP player: 

Metagross31 likes this

This probably doesn't matter for PvP but to answer your question... 🙂

Aside from rarity, visual, and maybe price differences, as said promos are same as max upgrade with max charges but promos could allow you to use two of the "same" legendary cards in a single game (supposedly versions in some campaign maps are also different, they usually have "leader immunity" etc so makes sense but I haven't confirmed it myself). I tried spawning Viridya and promo Viridya in forge to show this.

viridya_and_promo.png

Metagross31 likes this