Squads units with speed modifiers are reset to normal speed upon replenishing lost members

Bini Inibitor

This bug revolves around unit cards that consist of more than one individual unit and have modifiers that affect their speed.
Namely: Drones, Imperials, Witchclaws, Pest Creepers (Sunken Temple), Scythe Fiends, Silverwind Lancers, Strikers, Werebeasts.

These squad units have abilities that modify their movement speed, either increasing or reducing it. If individual members of them die and get replenished by a healing source, these specific members lose their speed modifying trait. In the case of swift units, the whole squad gets crippled down to normal movement speed. Imperials on the other hand, that gain slow during the mode change will have normal movement speed.

Phalanx are an exception. Their mode change causes them to become slow, yet they keep their trait after regaining their squad members. I'd argue this is due to them receiving Steadfast during the mode change as well and they are the only squad unit in doing so.

It is reproducable pretty much all the time. Use Eruption to kill some members and then heal them up with Surge of Light.

However, if they are affected by a speed modifiers again like Frost Bite or a slow caused by an attack, they will regain their speed properties. So a fix of some sort.
I guess individual squad members don't get their speed modifiers reapplied properly.

Example:
https://giant.gfycat.com/TimelyDopeyKinkajou.mp4

Edited by Bini Inibitor
Kapo likes this

It is caused by each unit having at least 5 speeds + modifiers (walk_speed, run_speed, current_walk_speed, current_run_speed, current_speed), and only 2 of those are correctly set, updating rest of the speeds seems to fix the issue. (At least for the scenario 4 drones, kill 2 with eruption, resurrect 2 with surge of light).

I was not been able to reproduce it for Werebeasts, because they always died all 😄 and I did not try any other combination.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 3:48 AM, Kubik said:

It is caused by each unit having at least 5 speeds + modifiers (walk_speed, run_speed, current_walk_speed, current_run_speed, current_speed), and only 2 of those are correctly set, updating rest of the speeds seems to fix the issue. (At least for the scenario 4 drones, kill 2 with eruption, resurrect 2 with surge of light).

I was not been able to reproduce it for Werebeasts, because they always died all 😄 and I did not try any other combination.

I've seen it on werebeasts too.

This bug explains a lot, always wondered what caused limping fast squads.

• 2 months later...