62 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the map?

• 5/5 - excellent - better than in-game maps
    • 4/5 - great - as good as official maps
    • 3/5 - good - overall some decent quality
    • 2/5 - average - plenty of maps like that in community section
    • 1/5 - poor - don't make maps anymore

Welcome Skylords and Cute Beings!

Winter is not over yet, and so are winter events.
Kingdom of Lyr  receives way more attention than it would like to, Skylords need to intervene once again. Take a set of warm clothes, for these tasks shall lead us into Lyrish Reaches, where one of Lyr’s key fortress is being attacked.

Trailer

Where, when and how?

The event will be run on a brand new one-player community map “Aeglos Fortress”.

The contest starts today – submit your replay through Discord (Contact Dallarian#1085) or through forum message until 21st February 2022 23:59 CET (16 days).

Lyr’s Distress Call – fastest time wins

obraz.png.ec378c7aa9a5eb5334a7fb23b7212782.png

Near mount Aeglos a siege takes place.

Complete 1-player community map “Aeglos Fortress”
on Advanced difficulty as fast as possible.[1]

[1]. While complying with following restrictions:

Rules

• Do not use Amii Monument.
  • Do not use Enlightenment to summon any affinity of Batariel.
  • Do not teleport, create, or in any way move a unit with ground presence into location where Blue Stronghold is sieged, without going the usual way first – this includes but is not limited to: Nether Warp, Scythe Fiends, Incubator and many more. You may use spells like Infect, Undead Army, or send flying units like Swamp Drake or Grim Bahir.
  • Do not decompose any non-player Frost units.
  • Play the map alone, replays with two players are not accepted. Play the map as a Skylord that has monument in bottom left corner of the map, if you start the game in top-right, replay will not be accepted.

Accessing and sending the replay

You may find your replay in:

This PC --> Documents --> Battleforge --> replays

Your most recent game will be named “autosave.pmv”, unless you have already saved it in-game, or checked in option “save all replays” in the game options.

You may submit your replays as many times as you want, however, only the fastest one will count. To reduce my workload, please rename your file to CMC4_"time”_”nickname”.pmv – for example: CMC4_23m51s_Dallarian.pmv  .

Submit your replay through Discord (Contact Dallarian#1085) or through the Skylords Reborn forum until 21.02.2022 23:59 CET

Please note that some of the best replays may be posted on forum or may be used in a video.
If there are found any significant gameplay breaking bugs, I reserve the right to disqualify entries.

How to access the map

Spoiler

Open the world map. Click on a blue icon in right-bottom corner of the map, next to the Battlegrounds. Choose relevant difficulty (advanced). Choose the map from the list – most likely under “Community Maps for download”.[2]

obraz.png.8479525d8f42a0d5938cd0f3c977ceff.png

[2]. The map is named differently in German and French versions of the game. Look out for “Festung Aeglos” and “Forteresse d’Aeglos” respectively. 

Rewards

In the unlikely case of a tie, the run that was submitted earlier gets the higher placement in the ranks.

Pure Frost have received many nice changes in the past, including brand new card added in December. I have genuine hope the event will increase interest in playing pure Frost. Therefore, the whole rewards pool consists of Frost boosters and Frost cards only. Some rewards are unique to newer players only.

1st place             6 Frost Boosters         Avatar of Frost
2nd place           6 Frost Boosters         Avatar of Frost
3rd place            6 Frost Boosters         Dreadnought
4th place            6 Frost Boosters         Mountaineer
5th-8th place     4 Frost Boosters
9th-20th place   3 Frost Boosters

obraz.png.65cb607b5b95fc41a6ff04a9936ac2dd.png

1st-10th placeonly players with PvE rank 11 or below will receive :

Dallarian’s Frost starter pack, containing:     

obraz.png.47bc19b0e9cde0a0578c87d7274a3cab.png
Frost Mage      Coldsnap        
War Eagle        Area Ice Shield                            
            Battleship                                   

Bonus category

This category is separate from the main one - you may participate in both with different replays.

Complete the map on Expert. Follow the same rules as before.

1st place - 6 General Boosters
2nd place - 4 General Boosters

If you want to take part, state the difficulty when submitting the replay.

Mysterious reward

Two chosen players will receive following rewards:

2 Frost Boosters and Dallarian’s Frost starter pack    .

Sponsors

All the rewards have been sponsored by:
Dallarian                      The Old God of Battleships                             Cult of Battleships GmbH

Map discussion

Please fill in the poll in map's thread to provide feedback.
If you would like to share your thoughts on the map, you may find the discussion here:

Thank you

To: Metagross31, Hiko and Majora, for helping me with organization of the event.
To: Everyone who supported me in map making process

Have fun and and may the :frostorb: be with you,

Dallarian

Future events

If you are interested in helping with these (or better) kinds of events for the community, or want to host one yourself, don't be afraid and simply reach out! Contact our beloved Event Managers Minashigo Hiko and Metagross31 on the forums or discord. They are happy to assist you with upcoming events and with sponsoring your prize pool!

Hirooo, Sylar, Treim and 9 others like this

• Majora locked and unlocked this topic
  • Majora pinned and featured this topic
On 2/4/2022 at 11:41 PM, Dallarian said:

Submit your replay through Discord (Contact Dallarian#1085) or through the Skylords Reborn forum until 21.02.2022 23:59 CET

@__luc I think Dallarian means DMs, but I'm sure he'll accept this anyway bockquote widget🙂

(Somehow didn't see the reply from Lans.... lul) 

Edited by Mynoduesp

5 minutes ago, ForestGiant said:

This is my replay advanced 25 minute 58 seconds

CMC4_25m58s_Dallarian.pmv 34.83 kB · 0 downloads

Hello, that's a wrong way of participating - you are not Dallarian are you? But don't worry, I logged you correctly, and I got your in-game name from the replay data.

For anyone else, please make sure to include in-game name, as the forum one may be often different.

1 hour ago, Dallarian said:

Hello, that's a wrong way of participating - you are not Dallarian are you? But don't worry, I logged you correctly, and I got your in-game name from the replay data.

For anyone else, please make sure to include in-game name, as the forum one may be often different.

I thought that you want me to use ur name in the replay name to make it for u

I like the fact the map and event is Frost themed... But I'm 100% sure Pure Frost players won't be anywhere close top 20 margins...

Shadow will probably wreck the map :/

There should be bonus award for #keeping it in theme# players which play the map in Pure Frost for roleplay purposes or at least mentions :D

1 hour ago, Vampire Prince said:

I like the fact the map and event is Frost themed... But I'm 100% sure Pure Frost players won't be anywhere close top 20 margins...

Shadow will probably wreck the map 😕

There should be bonus award for #keeping it in theme# players which play the map in Pure Frost for roleplay purposes or at least mentions 😄

We had such event back in December, it was fun for sure!

However, I did not intend to force anyone to play pure Frost. It's enough that I forced everyone to play my own map 😉

2 hours ago, Dallarian said:

We had such event back in December, it was fun for sure!

However, I did not intend to force anyone to play pure Frost. It's enough that I forced everyone to play my own map 😉

Ahhh didn't know there was an event back in December... But then again I've started playing this year so 😅

Can't wait to see the upcoming new events 😁

Keep up the good work folks 😃

Dutchy likes this

4 hours ago, Dallarian said:

The event is finished.

Great thanks to all 44 participants and everyone who played the map within past weeks.

You are great! :frostorb:

You may expect rewards to be distributed on Wendesday evening or Thurstday afternoon.

Thanks and Good luck to all.

On 2/22/2022 at 12:58 AM, Dallarian said:

You may expect rewards to be distributed on Wendesday evening or Thurstday afternoon.

Any chance that you can announce the winners sooner than that, without sending out the prizes?

Mocaak likes this

Dear Skylords and Cute Beings,

The event is finished, and all the results have been summarised.
There were 44 participants, 43 players participated on Advanced difficulty and 6 on Expert difficulty.

The following video summarises best runs:

Average fast run

Spoiler

Start as Shadow or Nature. Take control over second monument and take Shadow or Nature, so you have both factions. Play Breeding Grounds and mass Shadow Phoenixes. Free friendly air creatures, so they can aid you when conquering Tier 3.

Summon Swamp Drakes, and while providing them with spell support snipe map's objectives and move to defend. Use Frenetic and Thunderstorm.

Here are the most mighty Skylords from Lyrish Reaches:

1st place         10:26   Mocaak
2nd place       11:18    Treim
3rd place        12:04   Dutchy
4th place        12:21   Ruaga
5th place        12:34   Wanky
6th place        12:59   Tiksu
7th place        14:07   Dagror
8th place        14:17   SylarXXI
9th place        14:18   Donaar
10th place      14:44   Kserske
11th place      15:46   Awot
12th place      15:51   scr3x
13th place      16:16   PeterPanda
14th place      16:23   Epsilon
15th place      19:52   StuWho
16th place      20:30   Tiberium
17th place      20:58   2weak2slow
18th place      21:10   bulldozeroseven
19th place      21:26   Maert
20th place      21:37   Hrdina_Imperia

Those Skylords completed bonus challenge on Expert difficulty:

1st place         12:12   Pritstift
2nd place        23:44  Awot

Those are best among the less experienced Skylords, they all receive Dallarian's Frost starter pack:

1161249083_battleshipboostersmall.png.e22036b27b55cde2c2cc97d19772ff18.png

Mighty   Awot
Mighty   StuWho
Mighty   bulldozeroseven
Mighty   Maert
Mighty   Hrdina_Imperia
Mighty   DemonRJ
Mighty   Ultralord
Mighty   puderquaste
Mighty   DoTheJingle
Mighty   Lans

Mysterious reward is awarded to two Skylords, who completed the map with slowest time.
Your input was as important as others'. Thanks to you People of Lyr are safe.
Names are not given to ensure your anonimity, if you wish so, you may reveal yourself.

All the rewards should be sent.

Full list of Advanced results:

Full list of Expert results:

Spoiler

Thank you very much for playing my map and participating in the event.

• Dutchy unfeatured and unpinned this topic