Updater won't let me start the game

Kazzari

Hello,

when I start the Updater it opens and seems to be loading the latest update, but after a sec or two an error pops up saying "Access to path 'docs' has been denied" (I'm translating my german error message to english here).

I can click ok and the error seems to disappear but the launcher gets stuck on "Updating 71/71" and I can't click 'PLAY'.

This is the first time this has happened to me, last time I played was about a week ago, everything was fine then.

Thanks for your help

Can you try to manually create a directory called "docs" in the BattleForge game directory? See if this works for you. If it doesn't, you probably have some permission errors in your file system.

If the directory is already there, try to create a simple text file in it and post the result.

Well, creating an empty folder in my 'BattleForge' -> 'SkylordsRebornClient' -> 'Battleforge' folder did fix one problem for me.👍

I can click 'PLAY' now and the game seems to start, but once I click 'Login' the game tells me that I am using an invalid Client version and I need to update it.

After manually starting the SkylordsRebornUpdater it says "Please place all files from the archive into your Battleforge folder".

Should I do that? If so, where can I find my archive and which Battleforge folder should I put the files into?

Thanks

Thanks for the screenshots.

Try the following:

1. Delete the folder C:\Programme\BattleForge\SkylordsRebornUpdater
  2. Delete the folder C:\Programme\BattleForge\docs
  3. Start the executable: C:\Programme\BattleForge\SkylordsRebornClient\BattleForge\SkylordsRebornUpdater.exe

If this doesn't work, you should try to move the whole C:\Programme\BattleForge to a different location like C:\BattleForge. The problem here is, that all subdirectories in C:\Programme and C:\Programme itself are write protected for normal users.

If you don't want to move it to another location and the Updater still has problems, you can try to start the Updater via right click onto it and hit "Start as administrator". But I highly suggest to move the whole game to the mentioned location.

Pro tip: Don't forget to fix your shortcut(s) on the desktop if you created any.