Why does battleforge now take multiple hours to install?

punisher007

When i first installed battleforge it took me 20 - 30 mins max, i just finished installing it for the second time and it took over 5 hours.

i did a speedtest and my connection speed is fine, 109.2mbps down and 38.3mbps up, there is no latency issues to the server, so why would this be happening?

does your server need maintenance, or is your provider having issues?

Edited by punisher007

Our server seems fine. I just checked that myself. If it would have problems, I guess we would've more posts like yours.

In some rare cases I noticed though, that the anti virus is checking all files upon download. So maybe do a quick view into your task manager for some high CPU usage of your anti virus. Keep in mind, that Windows has a built in anti virus called Defender.

Was it on the same machine where it took 20 minutes and 5 hours or were these different machines? If it were different machines, it might be your hardware which has problems in general (like your hard drive maybe). Of course 5 hours shouldn't be only hardware related.

But these are the most common issues I have in mind right now besides your ISP. ISPs regulate the speed when they detect that you're executing a speed test. Did you try to download some other files from another server? Did that go well?

It was on the same machine, i've never seen windows defender slowdown a download. I have FTTP and unlimited downloads, Telstra is my provider.

All downloads from other sources are fine.

My 980 pro nvme ssd is brand new, and is healthy acording to samsung magician.

My system is on a asus crosshair viii hero wifi on the latest bios (3904)

R9 5900x cpu, 32gb of gskill tridentz neo (F4-3600C16Q)

soundblaster AE7, and a 1080ti aorus extreme edition.

Windows 10 pro

Maybe my provider has an issue with pathing to your server, idk. Now it is downloaded i'll just make a new 7Zip archive called BattleForge.7z which i'll use for future installs if problems arise.

That should solve this issue for now.

Also would running the installer from a different hdd be effecting it at all? , i would think probably not.

The reason i did reinstall is because it had crashed a few times in a row, in a short time period, like 3 games in a row, and 1 time in the forge in between 2 of those games.

I had never crashed like this before. if i recall i've had 1 crash in my entire play history.

I had recently installed the latest nvidia driver 511.23, i used ddu and went back to the last driver 497.29

Well hopefully this will be the end of crashes. I'll be loading up very shortly.

If it happens again, i might do a format and reinstall windows.