Spell Grinder deck

Before the main post I must say, it's completely no way a meta deck, or something that can push aside top tier deck. But it's very fun as for me.

SpellGrinder.jpg

The name talks by itself. Frost-Nature spell deck! I've never seen anything like this actually (can be wrong) so I decide to share my idea/

First of all, deck had many changes, and for rpve 10 and 9 it will be a bit different (obviously) current one I used to play rpve10 with very good and nice players (215302 replay). Yeah they were running top tier deck (2 bata + bloodhorn bandit spell deck) and there was not much things to do for me. However I won't tell that I was completely useless (hopefully lol), this deck has a lot of nice support that would help a lot to those runners. Let me note some:

1) Frost bite - that's just way too good and nice support spell for killing bosses/big threats. 25% damage increase is no joke (especially when people not using  Fallen Darkelf or Purple Bata), especially since it scales well with all unholy heroes and damaging spells. Bosses always a time sink, but frostbite + tornado/maelstorm helps batariel or bloodhorn a bit;

2) Matter Mastery + Home soil - good combo to help any runners, especially if they run Infect, and it also scales with Unholy hero (if I'm right? correct me if I'm wrong please) + as addition is very good support in early stages, when you teammate get oppressed;

3) Frost Shard - that will be MVP in many matchups. Instant freeze of any treat, no matter what is it, wrathgazer, willzapper, vulcano ( expecially vulcano!), windhunters, lost spellbrakes etc. If you position it right, you disable very big threat without spilling annoying freeze effect on other targets;

4) Tornado - very good in clearing building (better put it in one point for maximum damage e.g. dangerous building, boss, spawner) yes, it kills buildings worse than earthshaker, but it damages bosses and units too! And damages a lot actually.

5) Stone Shell+Revenge - those two stacks providing solid damage reduction to anything. You can try swapping affinites of Stone Shell as you wish to find out what works better for you.

Yes it needed to say, you can throw any of those things I listed in any part of the map where you have ground presence, which is great support addition. So even if you yawned and wiped , you still can provide a lot of help to other players. Worth mention - not run freezing spells mindlessly

I described this as support role for rpve 10, but this deck can actually easy carry rpve 9 (200302 replay, rpve9, lost souls + guy with lvl9 deck, a bit close on timer, but still pretty easy, Frost shard into Spellbreaker to keep buffs on my grinders). Just walk into camp with grinders nd throw all spells you have! Aim grinders for building and call it as easy day! Not much to say actually.

Also moth 10 for 1 player(151252), very easy.

Worth mention - I run Shrine of Martyrs instead of skyelf for rpve 9, because it's helpful. And yes I run 11 frost cards to listen "A Light of Winter" winning music, and overall frost themes, so that's why I take some questionable card and orb choices.

P.S. I am moron that throws stone shell in completely wrong places, because sometimes I think of it how unity, so nevermind this, old behavior lol/

20220119_200302_GeneratedMap.pmv 20220120_151252_GeneratedMap.pmv 20220120_215302_GeneratedMap.pmv

Also awaiting for buff of Noxious Cloud for this deck to get even better play!

Edited by SpiritAlpha
Dallarian likes this

59 minutes ago, Dallarian said:

I always wondered how a full spell deck would look like. And that one looks really cool.
Do you have excees power in late-game?

Depends on what do you mean by "excees". It kills bosses? Pretty good( with numerous of point spells and frostbite bosses die pretty fast). Does it clear camps fast? Well not very ( hope for noxious cloud buff!), but it's far from bad - grinders shred building good, all spells damage a lot, and most of the time,  noxious cloud duration is enough to clear all units (if you throw all spells there). How it survives? Well Grinders+ Regrowth+ Revenge+ Stone Shell - this solid force can't be stopped (while you have all buffs, lol). So yes, I'd say it's very powerful late game, especially since you always have energy due to shrine of martyrs!

Dallarian likes this

28 minutes ago, Dallarian said:

I will try adding Enlightenment ---> Cluster Explosion / Inferno. I'd love to see it in action!

Psssst. Anyone has spare Cluster Explosion/ Inferno?

Yes, Fire has much better AoE to clear trash. But Frost-Nature has much more point damage to clear big single threats. Better bring friend with Cluster/Inferno 😛 Will save you some thousand of bfp!

Edited by SpiritAlpha
Dallarian likes this

On 1/20/2022 at 11:56 PM, Dallarian said:

I will try adding Enlightenment ---> Cluster Explosion / Inferno. I'd love to see it in action!

Psssst. Anyone has spare Cluster Explosion/ Inferno?

Instead of adding dmg i would add some kind of void return xD. If you call it a spell deck you need fast void return - without its no real spell deck....its waiting for energy all the time.