Official 2p rPvE Contest#2 The Bandit alliance - Difficulty 9 - Event Finished!

Hello Skylords, Skyladies and other Skybeings.

Welcome to the second official rPvE event!
We hope you will have a lot of fun with this event!

1124256660_logo_for_events(1).png.5314cff26fc137c2f0ff4c9203feff0f.png

What kind of event will it be?

rPvE/Battlegrounds 2player - Map of the Month - Difficulty 9

For this challenge, we want to see your adaptability in unique situations.
We are looking at the 
fastest time with only one rule: each player may only spawn one single unit with ground presence* through the whole run.

So gather a 
team, polish your strategy and go for the fastest time!
Special thanks to THE_BIG_WET for assisting us in this event.

When will it start? Event finished!

We will be accepting entries starting 08.01.2022 00:00 CET.

The event will run until the end of the month, to be specific: 31.01.2021 23:59 CET.
You can send your replays through DM to me on Discord (Minashigo Hiko#1126) or through a PM to me on the forum (@Minashigo Hiko).

How can I participate?

You just have to send in your fastest replay, including the player names and your reached time [Note: Your entry has to be a victory]
For example: 
"Hiko_Majora_Time_00h20m30s"

You can send in your replays until the 31.01.2022. 
You can find your replays here: Documents=>Battleforge=>replays

Please note: 
You are allowed to send in different replays, but only the fastest one will count. Meaning that if you compete with multiple teams, the team that has the best time will also be your personal best time

What are the rules?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. The team with the fastest time wins.
  2. Each player may only spawn one single unit with ground presence throughout your whole run*.
  3. Only Map of the month
  4. Only Difficulty 9
  5. Have fun!

*FAQ / Questions you might have

Spoiler

What is ground presence?
"Ground Presence is a term to describe an area of about 10m around any friendly building or unit where you can not only use cards, but also claim Power Wells and Monuments"(source: Skylords wiki)

Simply said, ground presence gives you the ability to spawn units, build buildings and cast most non-arcane spells.

What does count as an unit?
Everything that is not a spell nor a building,

Can you give an example to the rule?
The first non-flying unit you spawn on your own will most likely have ground presence. If this unit dies you may NOT spawn another unit. It is not the unit type that has the allowance to be spawned; you are only allowed one single unit. It doesn't matter if this unit was a Batariel or Windweavers. This single squad is only allowed and may not be respawned once dead. So pick your unit wisely and keep it safe!

Please note:
The run is not over just because this unit dies, you just have then to work with arcane spells/skills, air units or buildings.

Am I allowed to spawn or create units via a spell or ability?
As long as these units don't give ground presence, yes.
The only source of ground presence in your game should be the one unit you have chosen (per player).

Is the Transformation of as example Twilight Minions to a Creeper allowed?
This is sadly not allowed, as the transformation would create a new unit with ground presence.

If you still have questions, please ask them below. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

crusade_smallest.thumb.jpg.98d3dccc997ea5de0e09032d6c4c6d13.jpg.5e5cc642ebd05af971e147f0d22c87d7.jpg

Sounds fun! What's the prize pool?

The following prize pool will be adjusted according to the amount of participants.
The prices are 
per person. If you compete with multiple teams, only your highest place will be rewarded :

1st place                        10 general Booster packs

2nd place                       9 general Booster packs

3rd place                        8 general Booster packs

4th-8th place                 5 general Booster packs

9th-20th place               2 general Booster packs

In conclusion
This event focuses on your speed, teamwork and flexibility on this month rPvE 2p map.

To summarize the event in simple steps:

1. Look for a team. You can either do this below this topic, on Discord or Ingame.
  2. Come up with a strategy for your run.
  3. Follow the rules while being as fast as possible.
  4. Satisfied? Send the replay to me! (Minashigo Hiko#1126 on Discord) or PM your best replay to me (@Minashigo Hiko).

When will we stream ?
We will announce the winners on stream.

Date: 12th, of February, 2022 13:00 UTC+1

We have streamed!
image.png.b98d75ae36e521bdf6d55b0292d75fea.png

BadHarvestSmall.jpg.cfa1ceab6c0d11838af76be13023adb7.jpg

Future events

If you are interested in helping with these kind of events for the community, or want to host one yourself, don't be afraid and simply reach out!
Send me or @Metagross31 a PM on the forum, or direct message via 
Discord (Metagross31#1103, Minashigo Hiko#1126).
We are happy to assist you with upcoming events and with sponsoring your prize pool!

We hope you have a lot of fun with this event. We are looking forward to seeing all your replays!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Skylords Reborn Team

• Minashigo Hiko changed the title to Official 2p rPvE Contest#2 The Bandit alliance - Difficulty 9 - UNTIL 31.01.2022
  • Majora unpinned and pinned this topic

Hey all,

I'm already in a team with one of my usual mates to compete for the top ranks hopefully, but I feel I would have the time and energy to participate in another team.

I would rather look for a newcomer or experienced player that is usually not among the top10 then to make another top team with well know speedrunners.

I would not want to share the tactic I use in my other team, nor I want to give out a whole new strategy, but of course I would like to give advice and share my knowledge if wanted so. For myself I had a few ideas for some strats that could be fun and would like to test them. If someone already has a complete strategy idea I would even be glad to follow your lead completely! You see. I am open to many approaches!

If you are interested reach out to me via Forums PM,via Discord (Volin#8101) or just ingame if you see me (Volin).

This post will be edited when a team is built - so as long as you can read this, don't hesitate.

One last thing: Using voice chat is a must for me in a contest, even if we would only more compete for a medium rank, using discord for fast communication is essential and makes things a lot easier and faster. We can speak in English or German, no matter what, this is not negotiable for me 🙂

See you in the forge

Edited by Volin
Dutchy, Damo and Minashigo Hiko like this

4 minutes ago, Vornskr666 said:

If my first unit dies, can i spawn a new one?

On 1/7/2022 at 5:17 PM, Minashigo Hiko said:

Can you give an example to the rule?
The first non-flying unit you spawn on your own will most likely have ground presence. If this unit dies you may NOT spawn another unit. It is not the unit type that has the allowance to be spawned; you are only allowed one single unit. It doesn't matter if this unit was a Batariel or Windweavers. This single squad is only allowed and may not be respawned once dead. So pick your unit wisely and keep it safe!

3 hours ago, Volin said:

Of course I can't speak for Hiko here, but I am quite sure that you are allowed to do that. But why would you want to take that handicap? 🙂

You are completely right @Volin of course  @Earlygirl can participate solo if she/he wants to.

You will just be in a very bad position compared to the others as you will be putted in the same ranking.

• Minashigo Hiko changed the title to Official 2p rPvE Contest#2 The Bandit alliance - Difficulty 9 - Event Finished!
  • Majora unfeatured, featured and unpinned this topic