Change Quest more than once.

Fairas

I can change one Quest per day and it lower the Reward from 75 to 70 BFP.

I cant never change this new Quest again.

I think it would nice, if we can change Quests more than once. The Reward can also be lowerd every time. Maybe: 75-70-60-40...

They Reason is, i dont want to play the Style the Quests offers me (for example 4 Player Campaigns, or Frost Cards when my prefered Deck dont have Frost Cards)

Volin and Deadman like this

• 4 weeks later...

May I ask what is about this one? Usually we get team feedback on the serious suggestions and this one sounds quite serious to me.

This topic shows up every now and then ingame and so it did on the discord before I left. The current mechanic feels quite restrictive to many and the proposed way seems to be a nice balance between a nudge to do something you would perhaps not without the incentive of a quest and some QoL.

I remember, but may wrong here, that it was on the to-do list. But as we haven't heard of it for a while and pure fun features like booster shuffling get dev-time I just wanted to ask what is the current state on this?

All good if it gets rejected, but then I can bury my dreams to see this one day.

3 minutes ago, Volin said:

May I ask what is about this one? Usually we get team feedback on the serious suggestions and this one sounds quite serious to me.

This topic shows up every now and then ingame and so it did on the discord before I left. The current mechanic feels quite restrictive to many and the proposed way seems to be a nice balance between a nudge to do something you would perhaps not without the incentive of a quest and some QoL.

I remember, but may wrong here, that it was on the to-do list. But as we haven't heard of it for a while and pure fun features like booster shuffling get dev-time I just wanted to ask what is the current state on this?

All good if it gets rejected, but then I can bury my dreams to see this one day.

It's still on our to-do list 🙂 

From my understanding, the reason booster shuffling got ''dev-time'' is because it was only one line of code, while the above mentioned suggestion takes more time to implement. 

1 hour ago, Volin said:

booster shuffling get dev-time

I will post here all the actual logic of of that feature:

cards.shuffle(&mut rand::thread_rng());

🤣 yes this one line is all the logic. In total 39 lines was changed (including empty lines) because I decided to put it to new file, because that makes more sense to me, and I also added config option to skip/use this one line, and 2 new functions UI can use read write this config option 🙂
But it is not done, there are two kinds of "Client Developers", and UI (the checkbox) to enable it in game will not be added any time soon, even thou it is most probably low effort task it is quite deep in the priority stack.

In comparison this feature requires Server developer, and most probably both kinds of client developers, to make it work, so I can not add few lines, to make it working without UI on my own 😞

Metagross31 likes this

3 hours ago, Kubik said:

I will post here all the actual logic of of that feature:

🤣 yes this one line is all the logic. In total 39 lines was changed (including empty lines) because I decided to put it to new file, because that makes more sense to me, and I also added config option to skip/use this one line, and 2 new functions UI can use read write this config option 🙂
But it is not done, there are two kinds of "Client Developers", and UI (the checkbox) to enable it in game will not be added any time soon, even thou it is most probably low effort task it is quite deep in the priority stack.

In comparison this feature requires Server developer, and most probably both kinds of client developers, to make it work, so I can not add few lines, to make it working without UI on my own 😞

Really that was not meant as an offense - not a tiny bit.
I would not do it any different: Any work that can be done in almost no-time should be done at the moment it occurs. One of the best ways to manage many tasks which have different priorities and different levels of time consumption. Even low priority tasks should be done immediately  if they consume no time - I understand that very well.

It just reminded me as I felt this was "fun topic", what for me at least, would be the least priority in all topics. Still the above rule would also apply to me: If it is done in no time, I do it now. Even organizing where, when and who should it do would be more work then.

Guys, you do so great, don't let you disctract by me 😄 Really just wanted to follow up this one, as the first time it showed up in forums it was a hot discussion and there was no reply under this topic

17 hours ago, Volin said:

Really that was not meant as an offense - not a tiny bit.
I would not do it any different: Any work that can be done in almost no-time should be done at the moment it occurs. One of the best ways to manage many tasks which have different priorities and different levels of time consumption. Even low priority tasks should be done immediately  if they consume no time - I understand that very well.

It just reminded me as I felt this was "fun topic", what for me at least, would be the least priority in all topics. Still the above rule would also apply to me: If it is done in no time, I do it now. Even organizing where, when and who should it do would be more work then.

Guys, you do so great, don't let you disctract by me 😄 Really just wanted to follow up this one, as the first time it showed up in forums it was a hot discussion and there was no reply under this topic

No worries, and it didnt come off as offensive at all 🙂 

I think this current topic went under the radar because it was posted a few days after the anniversary patch (and we all worked our asses off making that deadline and were kind of dead for the week after 😛 ) and it was a topic that was answered in the past already. 

But yea, rerolling is still on our to-do list.