Upgrades

TreyDog3

Our current upgrade system is fine. Expanding the upgrade system, wich is a core feature of the game, would take too long. Developers said they will only tweak core features, not completely change them.

More upgrades is generally a bad idea. People have been talking of removing upgrades, not having more upgrades ^^ I think a main goal of this game should be to eventually get all the cards in the game. It is no longer as easy as Spend alot of money= Have a lot of cards, but rather depends on hard work and dedication now.

[quote='Ultrakool' pid='9838' dateline='1437953201']
More upgrades is generally a bad idea. People have been talking of removing upgrades, not having more upgrades ^^ I think a main goal of this game should be to eventually get all the cards in the game. It is no longer as easy as Spend alot of money= Have a lot of cards, but rather depends on hard work and dedication now.
[/quote]

Too bad that you won't get rewarded for the amount you play...

[quote='ladadoos' pid='9840' dateline='1437954053']
[quote='Ultrakool' pid='9838' dateline='1437953201']
[/quote]

Too bad that you won't get rewarded for the amount you play...
[/quote]

I don't know what you mean by this. We will be rewarded for the amount we play, AFAIK with the system of endless quests each day?

[quote='Ultrakool' pid='9842' dateline='1437954348']

I don't know what you mean by this. We will be rewarded for the amount we play, AFAIK with the system of endless quests each day?
[/quote]

There you are, you don't even know it. It is most likely not going to be endless.

" [color=#595959][font=Helvetica, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]@[/font][/color][url=http://bfreborn.com/forum/member.php?action=profile&uid=2][color=#151515][font=Helvetica, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif][color=blue][b]MrXLink[/b][/color][/font][/color][/url][color=#595959][font=Helvetica, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif] has just told me that it is insure if there will be one quest everyday or several. He said that if he have multiple quests per day, that there will most likely be a cap. This cap is to prevent overfarming and thus preventing skylords to ruin their and other peoples enjoyment. "[/font][/color]

[quote='ladadoos' pid='9845' dateline='1437954586']
[quote='Ultrakool' pid='9842' dateline='1437954348']

[/quote]

There you are, you don't even know it. It is most likely not going to be endless.

" [color=#595959][font=Helvetica, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]@[/font][/color][url=http://bfreborn.com/forum/member.php?action=profile&uid=2][color=#151515][font=Helvetica, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif][color=blue][b]MrXLink[/b][/color][/font][/color][/url][color=#595959][font=Helvetica, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif] has just told me that it is insure if there will be one quest everyday or several. He said that if he have multiple quests per day, that there will most likely be a cap. This cap is to prevent overfarming and thus preventing skylords to ruin their and other peoples enjoyment. "[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Yep, I read this, somehow, this is suppose to be combating multi-accounting,but how will that help? If there's a hardcap, wouldnt multi-accounters be even more rewarded?

[quote='Ultrakool' pid='9854' dateline='1437957190']

Yep, I read this, somehow, this is suppose to be combating multi-accounting,but how will that help? If there's a hardcap, wouldnt multi-accounters be even more rewarded?
[/quote]

The idea behind the cap was so that hardcore gamers wouldn't have a huge advantage over the casual players. That's why I said: " too bad you won't get rewarded for your time spent online".

That's true, anything with a cap encourages multiaccounting. That encouragement depends on where the cap is set. 
They are trying to find a balance between not giving the hardcore gamers too much of an advantage and multiaccounting. Basically, that the cap is set just right so that it won't encourage multiaccounting.

We will see how this goes, but @Mrxlink said I must trust him.

[quote='ladadoos' pid='9855' dateline='1437957467']
[quote='Ultrakool' pid='9854' dateline='1437957190']

[/quote]

The idea behind the cap was so that hardcore gamers wouldn't have a huge advantage over the casual players. That's why I said: " too bad you won't get rewarded for your time spent online".

That's true, anything with a cap encourages multiaccounting. That encouragement depends on where the cap is set. 
They are trying to find a balance between not giving the hardcore gamers too much of an advantage and multiaccounting. Basically, that the cap is set just right so that it won't encourage multiaccounting.

We will see how this goes, but @Mrxlink said I must trust him.
[/quote]

It will be really hard to find that balance, I must say. I hope they will find that correct balance between the two. Otherwise this game could be ruined either by hard core gamers that have a huge advantage and roflstomp casual players in pvp or multiaccounting taking over the game..

[quote='WotdeFack' pid='9908' dateline='1438002579']

It will be really hard to find that balance, I must say. I hope they will find that correct balance between the two. Otherwise this game could be ruined either by hard core gamers that have a huge advantage and roflstomp casual players in pvp or multiaccounting taking over the game..
[/quote]

Indeed. It's like, whenever you have a solution for A, a problem araises for B. When you have a solution for B, a problem araises for A...

[quote='ladadoos' pid='9912' dateline='1438002817']
[quote='WotdeFack' pid='9908' dateline='1438002579']

[/quote]

Indeed. It's like, whenever you have a solution for A, a problem araises for B. When you have a solution for B, a problem araises for A...
[/quote]

True, it has to balance each other to be perfectly okay.

It'd be nice to just prevent multi-accounting in general. I'm sure that's a much more difficult solution, but it does give you much more freedom in the development of a quest system.

Maybe they could start with some sort of system signature. I know there are companies out there that prevent hackers from using multiple account on the same computer to avoid bans. For those with many computers, sure, they're still capable of creating more accounts, but at least this'll discourage a lot of multi-accounting.

(Especially if you don't mention the reason why two accounts aren't working on the same computer).

Although, I guess if you've got multiple people in the same house using that computer to play battleforge, there'll be a problem...

idk, :p

@ladadoos @WotDeFack etc
And that is why I'll be discussing this internally when the time is right.

Also remember that you can always combat, but never fully prevent multi-accounting. It is a serious issue in free-to-play games but can not simply be stopped especially in quest and drop-related systems  with diaily limits such as TF2 and quite many MMO and browser-based games. It's a delicate balance between the ability to gain loot, the length a developer wants the average playsession to be, the amount of gaming hours the game is based on having, the scale of fun and enjoyability and how long these factors will last on average under said circumstances. I am certain we can't please everyone nor make a 100% multi-account-proof tade and drop system that abides by these factors, but we (or at least I) will most certainly attempt to get close to that.