Official PvE Contest#4 Winter is coming UNTIL 17.12.2021

Metagross31

Hello Skylords, Skyladies and other Skybeings.

Welcome to the fourth official PvE event!
We hope you will have a lot of fun with this event!

logo_for_events (1).png

What kind of event will it be?

PvE - Advanced - Guns of Lyr with a point system

For this challenge, we want to see you succeed in playing the map Guns of Lyr, while accomplishing several winter and christmas themed objectives.
The more objectives you accomplish, the more points you get. The team with the
highest number of points wins the contest!
But there is more! You also get
points for speed! The faster you finish the map, the more extra points you get.
Thus, you will need to find the right balance between objectives and time and choose your strategy accordingly.

So gather a team, polish your strategy and go for the Highscore!

When will it start?

We will be accepting entries starting today.

The event will run for a bit more than 2 weeks, to be specific: 17.12.2021 23:59 CET.
You can send your replays through DM to me on Discord (Metagross31#1103) or through a PM to me on the forum.

We will announce the winners on stream on the 2nd of January, 6pm CET.

How can I participate?

Everyone with an ingame account can participate in the event - there is no need to sign up separately.
You just have to send in your best replay, including the
player names, the time of the replay and what objectives you accomplished. [Note: Your entry has to be a victory]
For example: If your
team reached a time of 17:23.6, name your replay the following way:

"
Hiko_Majora_Zyna_Metagross31_17:23.6.pmv"

Additionally, send me a list of all objectives. For example:
Low points:        A, C, D; Total: 900
Mid points:             K, L; Total: 1200
High points:             all; Total: 4000
Penalty points:           S; Total: -1200
Total points:                             4900

You can send in your replays until the

Please note:

• You are allowed to compete with multiple teams, but only your highest score will determine the rewards you win, meaning you can only get rewards for one submission.
  • You are allowed to compete with a team of less than 4 people or even alone.

You can find your replays here: Documents=>Battleforge=>replays

What are the objectives?

This event will have a point system: points will be rewarded by completing the following objectives. The goal is to get as many points as possible!
You don't have to complete them all, but of course you should aim for as many points as you can in a single run.
It is important however, that your
final score from objectives is greater than zero. Runs with a negative score do not qualify.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Low points:

A:   HoHoHo!: 200p
Have one player play out Santa Claus*

B:   You are not alone: 200p

Have one player build a Stronghold next to Rogan's Castle*

C :  We are many!: 300p
Have all players from your team build a Stronghold next to Rogan's Castle*

D :  Santa's little helper: 400p
Have Rogan Kayle (Player's card) within a 25m radius of Santa all the time*

E:   The Ghost of Christmas Past: 400p
As a team, play at least five different frost cards from the twilight edition*

F:   The Ghost of Christmas Present: 400p

Play at least one frost card, that has been buffed by the Skylords Reborn team (See below for a list of cards)*

G:   The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come: 400p
Play at least one frost card, that has proposed buffs for the future (See below for a list of cards)*

H:   Presents for the Kobolds: 400p
Use one of Santa's gifts next to one of the Kobold Engineers*

I:    Presents for the King: 400p
Use one of Santa's gifts next to Rogan's castle

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maximum low points:    3100

Medium points:

J:   Boxing day: 400p
Open all gold chests

K:   Presents for your neighbors: 600p
Use one of Santa's gifts next to one of the big twilight manifestations, before they get destroyed*

L: Sitting at the fireplace: 600p
Have a unit sit in front of the top fire trap for 3 minutes without dying or walking away*

M:   Coming down the chimney: 600p
Completely destroy all four enemy walls

N:   First the dinner, then the presents: 600p
Destroy all minor twilight infestation camps before destroying the final manifestations*

O:   A time for modesty: 800p
As a team, do not control more than 10 orbs at the same time*

Maximum medium points:    3600

High points:

P:   The real deal:  1000p
Play the map on Expert difficulty instead of advanced

Q:   Frosty times:  250p per player, maximum of 1000p
Play a pure frost deck*

R :   Christmas Peace:  1500p  (2000p if combined with objective P)
Do not kill any enemy units until the final wave spawns*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maximum high points:    4000
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maximum Total points:    10700

Penalty points:

S:   That's not a Christmas tree!:  -1200p
Using Amii Monument

T:   Taking your siblings' presents: -1500p
Using Decomposer

U:  Got the wrong present: -1000p
Destroying your starting orb*

V:  Broken Chimney: -1000p
One of the Kobold Engineers dies*

W:   Blocking the way for Santa: -1500p
Construct buildings past the flames near the map border in the top left or bottom right corner*

X:   Christmas is over: -1500p
Santa dies

Y:   Wrong season, wrong event: -1000p
Play out easter Egg

Total penalty points:    -8700

* Check the FAQ for clarifications.

Time Score:

There will also be points awarded for time. The faster you finish the map, the more points you will get with a maximum of 1500p.
There are no preset timewindows that determine your time score, instead your time is compared to all entries.
This means that
every second counts when it comes to your time score!
However, you can not lose any points by having a slow time. So it is up to you to decide whether you want to go for as many objectives as possible or if you want to leave some out in the hope of getting a better time.
You do not have to calculate the time score yourself, we will calculate the time score for every entry.
For a detailed explanation on how the time score is calculated, see the FAQ below.

FAQ     

In order to reduce confusion about the objectives, we have precompiled a list of questions you might have and answered them beforehand.
If you have any questions about one of the objectives, please check this FAQ first.
If your question is not yet answered in the FAQ, feel free to ask the question in this thread. That way it can be clarified and added to the FAQ.

List of previously buffed frost cards:

Spoiler

Battleship
Dreadnought
Core Dredge
Frost Shard
Frost Sorceress
Icefang Raptor
Ironclad
Kobold Engineer
Mountain Rowdy
Shatter Ice
Shrine of Martyrs
Skyelf Sage
Tempest
White Rangers
Worldbreaker Gun
Winter Witch

List of frost cards with proposed buffs:

Spoiler

Battleship
Ice-Age
Ice Tornado
Imperials
Maelstrom
Northern Keep
Retreating Circle
Master Archers
Wintertide
Stormsinger (red affinity)
Juice Tank

Questions about specific objectives:

Spoiler

HoHoHo!:
Santa has to be played out only once.

Santa's Little Helper:

You can use the range indicator of Santa's abilities to check, if Rogan is in range.
Rogan has to be around the whole time Santa is alive.
This means Rogan has to be spawned before Santa is or they have to be spawned at the same time.
Santa and Rogan do not have to be controleld by the same player.

You are not alone/We are many:
The Construction of the Stronghold must be completed.

The Ghost of Christmas past:
You can see the edition of the card by looking at its rarity symbol at the bottom right of the card.
If the seal is one of the following, it is indeed a card from the twilight edition:
Download.pngEdition_Icon_Twilight_Uncommon.pngEdition_Icon_Twilight_Rare.pngEdition_Icon_Twilight_Ultra_Rare.png

Presents for the kobolds:
With Kobold Engineers the NPC ones, which automatically spawn on the map are meant.

Presents for your neighbors:
The manifestations must be still alive while using the presents.
Any twiligjt manifestation on the map is okay for doing this objective.

A time for modesty:
It is only necessary to not have more than 10 orbs at the same time.
Orbs, which are still under construction, and those granted by Amii Monument are also counted.
If an orb gets destroyed, you are allowed to rebuild it, as long as the current total does not exceed 10.

Sitting at the fireplace:
The unit may walk around between the fire and the wall, but it may not go back behind the wall.
If the wall gets destroyed because of the inferno, the unit may not walk behind where the wall used to be.
You are allowed to use a flying unit to complete this objective.

First the dinner, then the presents:
You have to destroy both spawners in each of the small infestation camps, before destroying the two final ones.
This also includes destroying the big spawners of the small camp, which are also labeled "Twilight manifestation".
You only have to clear the 6 camps, which are labelled as objectives ingame.

Frosty Times:
You get 250 points for each player in the team playing a pure frost deck, so up to 1000 points.
Every player in the team gets the points, so even if only 3 people play pure frost, the fourth player still gets 750 points.
You are allowed to play legendary/neutral cards in these decks.
If you play with a team of less than 4 people, you sill still get the full 1000 points, if everyone on the team plays pure frost.

Christmas Peace:
You are allowed to destroy enemy buildings at all times.
The "final wave" is the wave of enemies, that spawns once you destroy the big twilight manifestations.
Disintegrating units counts as killing them.
Killing units using Rogan's castle or the engineer's cannons is not allowed either.
You are allowed to damage units.
You are allowed to decimate squads of units, as long as at least one squad member stays alive.

Got the wrong present:
You are not allowed to destroy the monument yourself by double clicking the "destroy unit" button or using the corresponding hotkey.
It may be destroyed by incoming damage however.
You are allowed to destroy other orbs, which are not your starting orb.

Broken Chimney:
With Kobold Engineers the NPC ones, which automatically spawn on the map are meant.

Blocking the way for Santa:
Even if buildings are placed in said areas and get destroyed before they finished construction, you still get the minus points.
It is not allowed to relocate Phase Towers into or behind the flames.

Calculation of the time score:

Spoiler

The mean time and standard deviation of all entries is calculated.
 Every entry, that is more than 1.385 times the standard deviation slower than the mean, will not score any points for time (On a perfect Gaußian distribution this would be the lowest ~5%).*
 For the other entries a quadratic scale is applied, such that the fastest time gets 1500 points and a time, that would have barely made it into the rating, would get 0 points.
 To be precise, the time points are calculated using the formula:
     P(t) = (1500 * t^2 - 2 * 1500 * (t_m+s)  * t + 1500 * (t_m+s)^2) / (t_m+s-t_0)^2
 where s is 1.385 times the standard deviation, t_m is the mean time and t_0 is the fastest time.
 The resulting time score is rounded down to the closest whole number.

crusade_smallest.thumb.jpg.98d3dccc997ea5de0e09032d6c4c6d13.jpg

Sounds fun! What's the prize pool?

The following prize pool will be adjusted according to the amount of participants.
If more than 20 teams submit a run, you can still expect the top 50% of runs to win something.

The prices are per person. If you compete with multiple teams, only your highest place will be rewarded :

1st place                          7 Frost and 5 general Booster packs

2nd place                         6 Frost and 3 general Booster packs

3rd place                          5 Frost and 2 general Booster packs

4th-8th place                   2 Frost and 2 general Booster packs

9th-10th place                 1 Frost and 1 general Booster pack

One more extra bounty... - CLAIMED

There is one more extra bounty to claim!
The first team, which sends me a replay in which they complete the objective
R: Christmas Peace on any difficulty will get an additional reward of 3 general boosters.

Note, that the replay, you submit for the extra bounty does not have to be counted for the actual run, you can still submit a different replay with a different time and score as your final submission.

The extra bounty has already been claimed!
You can no longer get the reward for being the first to pull it of, but you can still get the points for your run

In conclusion

This event focuses on your speed, teamwork and flexibility on these different PvE maps.

To summarize the event in simple steps:

1. Look for a team. You can either do this below this topic, on Discord or Ingame.
  2. Come up with a strategy for your run.
  3. Try to complete the objectives while being as fast as possible.
  4. Make sure your score is greater than zero.
  5. Calculate your score and determine your final time.
    Satisfied? Send the replay to me! (Metagross31#1103 on Discord) or PM your best replay to me (in the forum).

When will we stream?

We will announce the winners on stream.
Date:
2nd of January, 6pm CET

BadHarvestSmall.jpg

Future events

If you are interested in helping with these kind of events for the community, or want to host one yourself, don't be afraid and simply reach out!
Send me or @Minashigo Hiko a
PM on the forum, or direct message via Discord (Metagross31#1103, Minashigo Hiko#1126).
We are happy to assist you with upcoming events and with sponsoring your prize pool!

We hope you have a lot of fun with this event. We are looking forward to seeing all your replays!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Skylords Reborn Team

1 hour ago, Metagross31 said:

One more extra bounty...

There is one more extra bounty to claim!
The first team, which sends me a replay in which they complete the objective
R: Christmas Peace on any difficulty will get an additional reward of 3 general boosters.

Note, that the replay, you submit for the extra bounty does not have to be counted for the actual run, you can still submit a different replay with a different time and score as your final submission.

"any difficulty" "doesn't have to be for actual run"

Sounds like Standard?

First of all. I like this kind of event. Sound like Fun.

small comment, however, regarding the rules:

2 hours ago, Metagross31 said:

Penalty points:

*V:  Broken Chimney: -1000p
One of the Kobold Engineers dies

I am pretty sure that this is not possible in the normal way. (maybe a self-damaged function of a card could cause this with detours). Just for your information.

41 minutes ago, Dallarian said:

Sounds like Standard?

GoL only have Adv and Expert. There is no Std mode sadly 😞

Since I'm cleared for the events again, I'm sure I'll join in and have fun developing the tactics and playing this map. Is finally my favorite map (together with Ravens End)

Anyway, thanks for this creative idea for this event. 

/wanky

ps: Since you can play with several teams, I'm happy to make myself available if a team is still looking for 1 capable player. In the tactics development, however, I will rather hold back, provided that our team takes part in it, thank you here for understanding.

Metagross31 likes this

2 hours ago, Dallarian said:

Sounds like Standard?

As Wanky already said, you can only play GoL on adv and exp anyways

1 hour ago, wanky said:

First of all. I like this kind of event. Sound like Fun.

small comment, however, regarding the rules:

I am pretty sure that this is not possible in the normal way. (maybe a self-damaged function of a card could cause this with detours). Just for your information.

GoL only have Adv and Expert. There is no Std mode sadly 😞

Since I'm cleared for the events again, I'm sure I'll join in and have fun developing the tactics and playing this map. Is finally my favorite map (together with Ravens End)

Anyway, thanks for this creative idea for this event. 

/wanky

ps: Since you can play with several teams, I'm happy to make myself available if a team is still looking for 1 capable player. In the tactics development, however, I will rather hold back, provided that our team takes part in it, thank you here for understanding.

Looking forward to your run 🙂
I wasn't entirely sure, if they can actually die, but if they can't, you are safe anyways 🙂

wanky and Pritstift like this

For your information:
I receive many questions about the rulings and thus update the FAQ regularly. This can even happen multiple times a day, so I won't write a post to this tjread everytime I do. Whenever you have the feeling, that one of the clarifications might be more confusing than it helps or contradicts previous rulings, please contact me so we can talk about it. I try to check the forums and discord regularly to get troubles out of the way as soon as possible to allow for a smooth event.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

thanks you all again for participating in this contest, watching the stream and helping me organize all of this!
I have just sent out all of the rewards. If you did not receive your reward or if you received the wrong reward, please contact me asap.
In case you missed the stream, you can watch the VoD here:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1250804086

Here are the final rankings:

Spoiler

Bare rankings:
9. 4700 ADRIEN_manowarad Dallarian DarkSpiryt elej
8. 6150 Dallarian DarkSpiryt General_Thugdil Kettle
7. 6700 Kserske
6. 6900 Dutchy Mansor Naturee Psyduck
5. 7100 batkia Dolewan oOBEANOo subnnobs
4. 7150 fritzfratz Marsman Mjoellnir RamsesII
3. 8950 Dolewan Fellux Maze Serar
2. 8950 LEBOVIN Pritstift Treim Wanky
1. 9850 Arabika ArthurKnight Blashyrkh Donaar

Time rankings:
9. 34:29.5 (Timescore: 0) Kserske
8. 32:34.9 (Timescore: 1) Dolewan Fellux Maze Serar
7. 26:17.2 (Timescore: 174) fritzfratz Marsman Mjoellnir RamsesII
6. 24:36.1 (Timescore: 268) Dutchy Mansor Naturee Psyduck
5. 23:18.4 (Timescore: 354) batkia Dolewan oOBEANOo subnnobs
4. 22:16.9 (Timescore: 431) ADRIEN_manowarad Dallarian DarkSpiryt elej
3. 22:04.3 (Timescore: 448) Arabika ArthurKnight Blashyrkh Donaar
2. 20:53.2 (Timescore: 548) Dallarian DarkSpiryt General_Thugdil Kettle
1. 12:46.9 (Timescore: 1500) LEBOVIN Pritstift Treim Wanky

Final rankings:
9. 5131 ADRIEN_manowarad Dallarian DarkSpiryt elej
8. 6698 Dallarian DarkSpiryt General_Thugdil Kettle
7. 6700 Kserske
6. 7168 Dutchy Mansor Naturee Psyduck
5. 7324 fritzfratz Marsman Mjoellnir RamsesII
4. 7454 batkia Dolewan oOBEANOo subnnobs
3. 8951 Dolewan Fellux Maze Serar
2. 10298 Arabika ArthurKnight Blashyrkh Donaar
1. 10450 LEBOVIN Pritstift Treim Wanky

Here you can find all of the replays, as well as the replay by Treim and Wanky, which was used to claim the extra bounty:

WinterIsComingReplays.zip

Blashyrkh, Dutchy and arabikaa like this

Is the stream going to be uploaded on Youtube as well as afaik twitch deletes VOD‘s automatically after some time frame - maybe with a link to the rules in the forum.

Edited by Treim

• 4 weeks later...
  • Majora unfeatured this topic