Community update #16 - December 18th

Majora

Last few days I was thinking about some "non technical" document that would be delivered by updater to the game files in all 4 languages, so everyone would be able to read it, but no exact plan for that yet, so no help with exact keywords 😞

I originally have also true and false, but when I start adding translations I think I simplify it, to just 0 and 1, that is same in all languages, and all could hopefully understand it (now I know it was not the best option). So in some future patch more options will be added.

So instead of just 1 all these will be accepted: "1", "t", "y", "yes", "true", "j", "w", "ja", "wahr", "o", "v", "oui", "vrai", "д", "и", "да", "истина"
and instead of just 0 all these: "0", "f", "n", "no", "false", "nein", "falsch", "non", "faux", "н", "л", "нет", "ложь"
also promo, flying, ranged, melee, will accept both : and =

32 minutes ago, Nagrach said:

I´ve read the document but totally missed the difference between ":" and "=", so thanks for rescue me 😉

And to Kubik : I´m aware that the UI will change but within the document are Shots of a rather "evolved" UI (so the Inventory-Mask with more than the available three options) with no mention of an upcoming overhaul. Therefore I thought there has to be some hidden button/checkbox/... to activate the feature, espiacially since at the bottom of the document there is the little sentence "When will this feature go Live? This feature should be live alongside the Anniversary Patch on the 18th of December." 🙂

Well for text searches there is a difference between : and = and there is also ?
To me using : feels more natural in this context than = but when I think about it I have no clue why 😄

"evolved" UI 🤔 what you mean by that? they show what is live right now, there was no change to the UI, all the buttons are on same positions as they was before, and no additional button was added. The only difference being that to the box where you would originally writ part of the cards name and hope it is unique enough, you can write these more complicated strings, that will filter by other things, than just name.

no mention of an upcoming overhaul 😮 that part get kind of lost. But well there is one mention of it:

Combining filters together
There is a limit of only 255 characters for the really small text field, so I do not expect too
crazy combinations will be used without a GUI-update.

But that is no excuse, for not mentioning it more explicitly that it is planned at some point 😞 but not soon.

This feature should be live alongside the Anniversary Patch on the 18th of December. 😇 Well at the time the document was written, or when this community update was written, and even 18th after lunch it was not exactly clear what will make it to the patch, and what not 😞 so no one bothered to update such small detail in the document, and I am sure no one even have time to think about it back then.

2 minutes ago, Nagrach said:

Sorry for the confusion - I searched the whole document again and didn´t find any unusual shots, so maybe I was dreaming ... 😕

Thanks for your work though 😉

maybe it is the way they are cut? Because we did not want to include rest of the window, because it does not carry any additional information, and would just eat up a lot of space, and force us to have the relevant area smaller (compared to size of page)

Hello all together and a Happy New Year,

i just have a short question to this Update. Maybe its my fault - and i think it is - but i just wanted to ask first.

In this Patch you should get the Santa Card. But unfortunately i didnt played since 16.12. Yesterday i logged in again and did some Quests and played some games. But i didnt get Santa in any way. So is it my fault, because i am just to late or is there something iam missing? Thanks for your answers!

3 hours ago, PH4NT0M said:

Hello all together and a Happy New Year,

i just have a short question to this Update. Maybe its my fault - and i think it is - but i just wanted to ask first.

In this Patch you should get the Santa Card. But unfortunately i didnt played since 16.12. Yesterday i logged in again and did some Quests and played some games. But i didnt get Santa in any way. So is it my fault, because i am just to late or is there something iam missing? Thanks for your answers!

Hey there, 

The quest "Play a match during Christmas" that unlocked/rewarded Santa lasted till the end of December, sadly you just missed out on him. You can of course grab him from the marketplace though!

Boosters have never been less worthy of opening, or is it just me? I mean, I'm not going to stop there, but I don't like the current impact of the Reforge system on the economy. When even a booster with 2 good rares doesn't bring in the booster anymore it does hurt

4 hours ago, Volin said:

Boosters have never been less worthy of opening, or is it just me? I mean, I'm not going to stop there, but I don't like the current impact of the Reforge system on the economy. When even a booster with 2 good rares doesn't bring in the booster anymore it does hurt

We are still monitoring the current situation. We already made an initial adjustment to Reforging and reduced the reforging rates for UR and R cards (it is now harder to reroll these two rarities) and will make further adjustments as the data comes in. Things are in a state of major flux right now given the large amount of free cards we gave out, the -100 bfp booster discount, and the huge amount of cards people have been Reforging. Right now Reforging has been used ~750,000 times, resulting in over a net 2.25 million cards being destroyed or about 15% of all previous cards in existence. We have also seen a large spike in new accounts, approximately double our normal on a month over month basis.

All of these factors together make it difficult to judge what is exactly happening. One of the data points I have requested and which we will continue to examine is the average value of boosters before and after the change. It is possible the prices have gone too low, but it is also possible we just redistributed the total value of the booster more into the commons and uncommons. We are looking at this all now and will announce if anything needs to be changed again in the future. 

Volin and Dallarian like this

8 hours ago, WindHunter said:

Things are in a state of major flux right now given the large amount of free cards we gave out, the -100 bfp booster discount, and the huge amount of cards people have been Reforging. Right now Reforging has been used ~750,000 times, resulting in over a net 2.25 million cards being destroyed or about 15% of all previous cards in existence.

Hey Windhunter, thanks for your opinion here. Yes that was now only a cautious impulse to the discussion, of course I have the points mentioned in mind. Personally I think that the main factor could be the hillarious stacks of cards some of us had before the birthday patch in combination with the quite high possibilities for upgrading them before the first adjustments came. Could be this was just too much of supply for some medium-top rares for a short term.

All of these factors together make it difficult to judge what is exactly happening

I believe that! And just to emphasize  that, even if I would be right with my inventory - I would not be even sure where to adjust how to make things better. I am aware that balancing a market isn't that easy as some think.

but it is also possible we just redistributed the total value of the booster more into the commons and uncommons

I am quite sure that this is not happening. The min. value of commons as gone up from 3 to 5-6 and the from uncommons from 3 to 15-17.
This is an increase of around 40 per Booster, while top tier uncommons like LSS or Frost Mages that come to my mind have dropped down crazily. In the same time top rares (and ultrarares) lost around the half of their value.

I would be really surprised if these balances out in the end.

I have opened ~50 Boosters since patch and my feeling gets stronger and stronger that the pool of cards which give you a positive outcome has become much smaller since prepatch.

But waiting for clear numbers is of course the perfect way to go here. Can't wait to see the new SMJ to see if my feeling is perhaps wrong here.

PS: Maybe I am even right here, but to early to point this and market still needs more time to balance - who knows.

PPS: While posting here I have overseen the new SMJ post. Seems my feelig is plain wrong.

Edited by Volin

You also have to keep in mind that reforging is finite. Like Windhunter said, 750.000 cards have already been reforged. While that number will rise, I doubt it will be double in the same amount of time. Reason being that most of the active players have now reforged most of their inventory, and simply dont have enough cards left to keep up the reforging pace. Once everyone has burned through their backlog, you can expect the market to settle down a bit. Its the effect of releasing a drastic system like this one year after a release. Im really curious how the market will look 1 year from now. 

Kubik likes this

• Majora unpinned and unfeatured this topic