Ocean - Crash right at the start

Kapo

you can go to a config and try: "maxshader": 1280,, or "maxshader": 1025,, or "maxshader": 1024,, if any of these 3 values will help.

config is "Documents\BattleForge\config.json" I believe your current value is "maxshader": 768,

Edited by Kubik
correct the number

1 hour ago, Kubik said:

you can go to a config and try: "maxshader": 1280,, or "maxshader": 1024,, or "maxshader": 1024,, if any of these 3 values will help.

config is "Documents\BattleForge\config.json" I believe your current value is "maxshader": 768,

Now I really wonder why you colored that in that particular way. The higher the better?

Edits config and adds "maxshader":65535,

And yes, current config was 768

Edited by Kapo

kind of 😞 it is much more complicated than that, and I do not really follow what was released yet to main server and what not.

But simplification can be that 1280 mean allow DX 11 or lower, 1025 mean allow DX 10.1 or lower, 1024 means allow DX 10 or lower, 768 means DX 9.0c (or lower part get really complicated here)
And one thing we changed is default value in case the number is not know by BF, from fallbacking to 768 (DX 9.0c), to 1280 (up to DX 11).
(so using 65535 result in either 768, or 1280, based on if that change is live already)

problem is that all of these implementations are broken and crash for some people, so there is no value that would work for everyone 😞

Kapo likes this

14 minutes ago, Kubik said:

kind of 😞 it is much more complicated than that, and I do not really follow what was released yet to main server and what not.

But simplification can be that 1280 mean allow DX 11 or lower, 1025 mean allow DX 10.1 or lower, 1024 means allow DX 10 or lower, 768 means DX 9.0c (or lower part get really complicated here)
And one thing we changed is default value in case the number is not know by BF, from fallbacking to 768 (DX 9.0c), to 1280 (up to DX 11).
(so using 65535 result in either 768, or 1280, based on if that change is live already)

problem is that all of these implementations are broken and crash for some people, so there is no value that would work for everyone 😞

Thanks for elaborating. ❤️

• 1 month later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use