Shatter Ice causing game to freeze

Fimion

10:27 - game lags for ~10 ingame seconds (but can sometiems last ~20s), actual lag time during gameplay felt shorter, Bozzah confirmed it happened to him as well.

2 Maelstroms were used at 10:21 and 10:23, at Urzach camp I was attacking, looks like it starts at the moment a Twilight Treefiend and Hag die at that camp.

Reproducible in replay 9 out of 10 times, on 2 occasions did not happen after restarting replay, once it did.

Also attached process explorer usage of CPU and GPU, red line marks the start and green the end time of freeze, it was 20 ingame seconds that time.

freeza.jpg

20220302_215559_GeneratedMap.pmv

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

- Game lag at 17:36 for 20s

- SoW active from teammate

- Maelstrom played from teammate (units freeze at 17:30)

I have the feeling that I often have this problem when I play with my notebook. The lag is 80% reproducible in replay. The usage of CPU/CPU, I/O is normal in the replay. 

Win11, 21H2

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz

16GB RAM

NVIDIA Quadro P1000

Gam3over_freeze_1736.pmv

image.thumb.png.3b1687bf7a41a8e17ed3772ddc1c1a57.png

image.png.3b8e99a19d5afdb2899fc865265d0f08.png

I watched the replay on my computer today and was able to reproduce the freeze.

Watched 4x, 2x with freeze (32x speed)

In the black box is the freeze. The pictures are from my computer and NOT from my notebook

Computer

Win10

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz   4.01 GHz

16GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Edited by gam3over

Small update:
Today my GPU was at 100% when the game froze. However, when I watch the replay, the GPU is working fine (10%).
I will run the Microsoft programme in the background in the future to get more detailed information.

image.png.f4dbef8f3a1b351343c98d5b71253bf5.png

I got this message when I was watching the replay. 

replay_logFile.zip

Edited by gam3over

Guys I don't know where I should report this bug. I see here some active, so I try to do it here, Sorry for bad english. When you press Alt+Enter in game it's make some problems when you try to alt+tab. This combination switch window to full screen and it's "work", but it's work wrong.

• 10 months later...

I like play shatter ice together with maelstrom, best thing to knock out archwalker. in 1 of 5-10 games i have also these dammed freezes, and my framerate drops to 0.05 for about 2 minutes the game resume an gametime is accerlated to bring me back to synctime. Often i loose my hole army in this situation. There was a player who dont wanted to play with me, if i have shatter ice in deck, but I experienced in this situation, that other players can repeat there run without having same freeze like me and can finish the map.

Edited by PcDocOne

If this problem cant be fixed shatter ice should be removed in my opinion. Its so bad for me that i just dont want to play with frost players i usually ask them to change deck or i kick them.

If someone uses shatter ice i usually get multiple 1-2 min freezes per game this is completely broken.

10 minutes ago, Fundus said:

If this problem cant be fixed shatter ice should be removed in my opinion. Its so bad for me that i just dont want to play with frost players i usually ask them to change deck or i kick them.

If someone uses shatter ice i usually get multiple 1-2 min freezes per game this is completely broken.

Do you also get the freeze when watching the replay?

43 minutes ago, Hirooo said:

Do you also get the freeze when watching the replay?

Yes sometimes i get freezes during replays but usually not at the same time as in game. Sometimes i even get freezes in replays of matches where i had no freezes its very random.

• 7 months later...

I just watched the replay and did not any freeze (not even fraction of a second). How we should fix it, if there is no way to reproduce it? I found no pattern in the "affected" people, so I really do not have even a hint what can be the issue.

The issue is somehow specific to some aspect of your PC.

To resolve it, you can try changing as many aspect as you can and feel comfortable (and have time for).
Examples are:

• changing all options in game
  • changing all options in the GPU driver
  • trying booting in safe mode (to disable as many other applications as possible)
  • trying another operating system
  • try changing harware parts (if you have such option)

If you manage to resolve the issue, please come back with which exact change solved it, it might help us to figure out what exactly is causing the issue, and how to resolve it for everyone.

Sadly, so far no one came back after resolving the issue for themselves 😢

Edited by Kubik
Changes agreed with Majora

I have already tried everything apart from booting in safe mode on all of my PCs. That bug exists since the old EA days and back then i aso tried to fix it i asked on the forums and tried to solve it myself but without success. Ill try booting in safe mode but im sure that wont solve the problem.

🤔 8 PCs? That is much bigger sample than most. And for most people they can not reproduce the issue on second PC (laptop).

Do you have some "non common" application on all of those PCs?

Can you list these 8 PC, with: CPU, GPU, OS with version, System disk (SSD/HDD, empty space %), Disk on which game is (if different), antivirus(es), how long is the "freeze" in the replay above (freeze at 10.20 12.42 14.40.pmv).

I dont have any non common applications on any PC.

PC1: Ryzen 9 5900X, RTX 3080 TI, Windows 11, 2 TB SSD(70% empty)

PC2: i7-13700, RTX 4080, Windows 11, 2TB SSD(90% empty)

PC3: i5 8400, RTX 2080, Windows 10, 250GB SSD(20% empty) 500GB HDD(10% empty)

PC4: Ryzen 3 2200G, GTX 980 TI, Windows 10, 250GB SSD(40% empty) 1TB HDD(80% empty)

PC5: i5 4760, R9 270X, Windows 10, 2TB HDD(90% empty)

These are the PCs i regularely use i can list the others too but i havent used them for a while.

All PCs are up to date(OS and all drivers) and Battleforge is always on the SSD. I use Avira free antivirus on all PCs.

The freezes always last 30 seconds to 2 minutes.

if there are that many PCs with the same problem, question would also be if they are connected and all access the same HDD where BattleForge is on or of they are seperate installs?

Because if they all access the same install, that would point in a direction.

2 hours ago, Kubik said:

you mean the freeze lengt is random no matter on which PC it is? Or that some PCs it is 30s and other PCs 2 minutes?

Did you tried with disabled antivirus?

Yes the freeze length is random on all PCs. I have tried disabling antivirus i have even tried another antivirus software.

if there are that many PCs with the same problem, question would also be if they are connected and all access the same HDD where BattleForge is on or of they are seperate installs?

Because if they all access the same install, that would point in a direction.

They are all different installs.