Apperence Change

TreyDog3

[quote='TreyDog3' pid='9497' dateline='1437839940']
I think it would be cool if after an upgrade it changed the apperence of the unit making it look cooler
[/quote]

Implementing this would be a lot of work since it would be more then 1000 reskins...

[quote='ladadoos' pid='9510' dateline='1437841523']
I think it would be cool if after an upgrade it changed the apperence of the unit making it look cooler
[/quote]

Implementing this would be a lot of work since it would be more then 1000 reskins...
[/quote]

Yea that Too  :dodgy:

[quote='ladadoos' pid='9510' dateline='1437841523']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well if the graphics start to get outdated the devs can always do it like LoL:

1. Pick one of the worst designed unit.
2. Give it a re-skin.
3. Continue, first re-skinning the worst obviously, some dont need upgrades.
4. Profit !!!!11!!!eleven!!

[quote='JoseAlmeida' pid='9515' dateline='1437842979']

[/quote]

By outdated do you mean, start looking bad in comparison to graphics from other games ? If yes, I still believe that the graphics from BF are awesome, I see no reason to change them...

[quote='ladadoos' pid='9516' dateline='1437843231']

By outdated do you mean, start looking bad in comparison to graphics from other games ? If yes, I still believe that the graphics from BF are awesome, I see no reason to change them...
[/quote]

Agreed,the graphics are still great compare to other games... :blush:

[/quote]

[/quote]

i think he ment compared to other units in the game.
LoL is a completely different case though as there are created new champions all the time. With time and technology going forward those older championskins are most likely worse than the newer ones. However in Battleforge we do have a different scenraio as basically all the cards were released within a relatively short amoun of time and most of those 'newer' cards are basically just a recoloured version of older cards, so that you dont really have a very huge different in quality of unit designs. So that wouldn't be an argument for recolouring cards.
And i agree that if you would make a recolouring for every upgrade for every unit and every building( i dont think it makes a lot of sense for the majority of spells as their animation is to short in most cases) would be to much work for such little reward. Currently there exists 404 buildings and units in the game. That means you would need 1212 recolours in total.( minus the amount of promo cards multiplied with 3).
Just not worth it.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah thats what i mean :)  But they will eventually get outdated

[quote='dunndude' pid='9726' dateline='1437934929']
i agree we should have an appearance change when they upgrade and it will look a lot better
[/quote]

It wouldn't look better, it would just add more varierty. The work needed to make this happen is way too much...