What is your favourite card and why?

Morgotheron

2 hours ago, Morgotheron said:

I am surprised that I can't find a thread like that.

There was a very similar thread back in the days.
And now after release, we play more than spend time on the forum, or abandoned the project for some time.

For me ofcourse the card is lovely Battleship ♥ :frostorb::frostorb::frostorb::frostorb:

Morgotheron25, Morgotheron and JH24 like this

Id have to say shadowmage. While it's obviously a strong card, and sometimes you can just spam them and call it a day, i really like the whole flavor of it. It oozes shadow. It has life loss, interesting abilities, looks cool, nice voice lines and I'm a fan of mono colored cards. You also have to keep an eye on them and can't just attack move to the other side of the map and do something else in the meantime. 

Sacrifice pairs well with unholy army, and Im still trying to make more use of the foul play ability, even after months of playing. To me, it's just a very fun card with a high ceiling of possibilities. 

Morgotheron25, Dutchy, JH24 and 1 other like this

My favorite card(s) would be the Nether Warps. It is so much fun to use and so versatile. Both cards warps friendly and hostile units a short distance. The green affinity heals all units affected an the blue affinity slows them all down to walk speed. Both sides of the card requires ground presence to cast.

In pvp, you can use it to dodge important spells from your opponent like a Coldsnap or abilities like the Timeless One. It is also great to combine it with cards like cultist masters to get the Nightcrawlers right into the action. Nether Warp can also be used to get your enemy away from a well last second before it is killed. When an enemy unit is escaping with very little help, you can use the warp to get it back in range of your attacks. Because the units do not continue walking by default after they get warped, it could surprise your opponent and lead to an easy kill. 

The card is also able to dodge projectiles. For example, if an Windhunter in rpve attacks your Batariel, you can warp the Batariel while the projectile is flying and the it will take no damage and does not get affected by the paralysis. In rpve, it is used to cross some walls to assists yourself or your teammates so you/they don't have to walk around an edge. 

In some campaign maps, you have to defend against units that out range your Necroblasters or Church of Negation. An example could be Defending Hope or Crusade where twilight dancers attack your bases regularly. A quick warp can get them in range before they destroy your buildings.  

A deck where both Nether Warps are often in the deck is the Construct rpve deck. In combination with Benevolent MO (or Dryad G) there is no debuff when you warp. This allows the possibility of the double warp which is awesome to do! To get a fast time in Bad Harvest, this trick can be used near the end and between some Stonekin lords too.

In Speedruns the card is also utilized. As mentioned before, in Bad Harvest to get to your goal faster. With the card, it is also possible to jump over some gates. A few examples are Convoy, KotG, Titans and Nightmare's End.  

In terms of raw power I really like Abomination and Skycatcher. They ooze power and I like how they look. I like Twilight Pestilence and Twilight Warfare because flavorwise they fit so well with the Twilight theme. They're all about keeping up the momentum.

In terms of flavor and versatility I'm very fond of Shadow cards because they make you feel more involved in the game. Shadow Mage, Shadow Phoenix, Netherwarp, Cultist Master and Sacrifice are some of my favorites.

Edited by JH24
Morgotheron likes this

24 minutes ago, Majora said:

I want to add that my second favourite card is actually Swiftclaw. I really like the looks of it, and it oozes nostalgia for me. 

Back then around 2010 Nature was the faction that I enjoyed playing the most. I always felt they had the most relaxing music. Whenever I think about that time Swiftclaws are one of the first cards that come to mind. There was just something cool about having a dinosaur among your T1 units.

Edited by JH24
Morgotheron likes this

16 minutes ago, JH24 said:

Back then around 2010 Nature was the faction that I enjoyed playing the most. I always felt they had the most relaxing music. Whenever I think about that time Swiftclaws are one of the first cards that come to mind. There was just something cool about having a dinosaur among your T1 units.

Yea exactly 🙂 I actually really like the frost music as well, but I dislike the faction in general. I think I heard most of the soundtrack after the game closed down. Everytime I try to play some Frost, I get bored quickly. I also really disliked Frost Mage (she has annoying voice lines).  I might give it another shot now that they received some well deserved QoL and buffs though. 

Morgotheron likes this

2 hours ago, Blashyrkh said:

Giant Slayer

I have to giggle when this one comes to my mind - yeah great card too. It did not even get much attention from me as pve player (actually you @Blashyrkh brought it back to my mind, back then when we both started digging deeper into fire)

Ah those funny lovely fire cards.

Still hoping for Windhunter and our team to find more good solutions for Fire to make it a bit more consistent and overall playable, though ofc the last patch already helped.

Blashyrkh and Dutchy like this

Gameplay-wise: Shadow Worm. Earth Dive Shadow Worm is a really fun playstyle and I've always been a Shadow player at heart. 

Aesthetically: Harvester or Windhunter. Given I named myself after the later, this shouldn't be surprising.

Design-wise: Dreadnought, Ravenheart, or Plague. I'm very happy with our recent balance changes and I think these are models for how to do intuitive complex designs. I was the one who originally suggested making Ravenheart spawn ships way back in 2019. To later be part of the team and get to make the change happen was very exciting.

Volin likes this

1 hour ago, THE_BIG_WET said:

Viridya and Fallen skyelf are my favorite personaly i think im the only one who gonna mention these cards here

I like both as well! Fallen Skyelf was actually the first promo I bought, and Viridya has become my signature pvp card. 

Dutchy likes this

My personal favorite unit used to be harvester, but not anymore. I really enjoy lost vigil these days, in combo with icebarrier this card is really fun.

My favorite spell is plague right now, after the recent buff i think its a very amazing card and good to clear bases.

My favorite building is worldbreaker gun, i just love the sound of that massive thing.

Majora likes this

Yoo fun topic!

My favourite card is def. Avatar of Frost! He gives me so much nostalgia one of my most wanted card back in the past.

Blood healing is my second winner such a cool shadow card, you gain some you lose some.

And for last Forest Elder, big, cute, and pure nature what else you need.

Honorable mentions: Grinder, Comet catcher, Corsair

By the way im a "get all the cards and play all of them" player so i like many many cards but these are one of my favs. 🙂

Edited by Bkingn
Majora likes this

I think its Juggernaut, he is one of most iconic cards in the game, good for Campaign missions (to take down walls and buildings) and also good pvp card, his design is very unique, most battleforge/skylords reborn cards are unique in design, you cannot find more units like this, but Juggernaut takes some place in my heart, but i played a lot with frost too, i got lucky bombardier (or whatever he was called, this 120 2 orb frost card, when upgraded he had armor like avatar of frost which made him very strong in pvp but also he does well in pve)

• 1 month later...