Official PvP Rookie Contest#1 Clashes of Swords - 08.10.2021

Hello Skylords, Skyladies and other Skybeings.

It has been some time since the last event and now we are back!
Welcome, to our first
PvP Rookie Contest, where every participant gets a booster!

logo_for_events (1).png

What kind of event will it be?

PvP 1vs1 - Rookie - Best of 3 (Bo3) - Double Elimination (format might change if enough participate)

All Rookies from far and wide,
are welcome to join us in a fight!
We want to see you brawl, compete and maul,
live on stage.. Fight them all.

No real restrictions, not many rules.. Show us what you got and claim the pot.

Join Toggy and Hiko this Friday afternoon, to the clashes of swords!

When will it start?

We are accepting entries until the start of the tournament (08.10.2021 18:00 CEST).

We will stream the tournament on the official Twitch channel of Skylords Reborn.
The stream will start 17:30 CEST.

How can I participate?

SinceSign-Up-Button-PNG-Photos.png.2f75952eb16a7ef38e53448f9e976ec1.png we already have some experience from past tournaments hosted by Toggy, we will also host this tournament on Challonge.
You can register for the tournament there. You will also find the bracket on Challonge at the start of the tournament. Please use the name of your ingame account to speed up communication in finding your opponent

What are the rules?

The access to this tournament will be restricted to players only, who...
... are
not pvp gold rank or above
... have a
w/l ratio of below 60%
... feel like they are
rookies

Please note: this tournament is for our less experienced players, we will personally check the entries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. No bug abuse, cheating or insulting other players. Penalties may vary from a warning to default loss.

2. Disconnecting during a game results in a default loss. It is possible to have a remake, if both sides agree.

3. Not showing up to your match after 15 minutes results in a default loss. The plan is to play a round of matches every ~30 mins.

4. After your match, go to Challonge and insert the result. This is done by clicking on your match and selecting the winner/stats . The brackets will be updated automatically.

5. Use your account name for the tournament. If your Challonge account differs from your Battleforge account name use the "Sign up with an alternate name" feature or change your name for the tournament in the settings. This will speed up finding your opponent. If you do not register for the tournament with your Battleforge name we can't find you for the prizes! 

6.  You follow all restrictions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Map Pool!

The first match of every round will be played on the following fixed maps, after that it is the losers choice.

• 1st Round:  Haladur
  • 2nd Round: Simai
  • 3rd Round:  Elyon
  • 4th Round:  Lajesh
  • 5th Round:  Uro
  • 6th Round:  Yrmia
  • 7th Round: Haladur
  • 8th Round: Simai
  • 9th Round: Elyon

crusade_smallest.thumb.jpg.98d3dccc997ea5de0e09032d6c4c6d13.jpg

Sounds fun! What's the prize pool?

The following prize pool will be adjusted according to the amount of participants:

1st place                12 general Booster packs

2nd place              10 general Booster packs

3rd place               8 general Booster packs

4th-6th place        6 general Booster packs

7th-9th place        4 general Booster packs

10th-12th place    2 general Booster packs

participation         1 general Booster pack

In conclusion

This event is a simple Rookie 1vs1 Tournament with basic rules.
Your Event Mods will be:
DutchyDutchy and DDrazard

To summarize everything:

• You have to signup on Challonge before the start of the Tournament to be able to participate.
  • Please use your ingame account name on Challonge.
  • You have to play the first match of each Bo3 on the associated map of the Map Pool.
  • Keep in mind, that everyone plays a minimum of two Bo3's (Double Elimination)
  • We will stream some of your games on Twitch. The stream will start 30 minutes before the start of the tournament.

Coldsnap.jpg
Future events

If you are interested in helping with these kind of events for the community, or want to host one yourself, don't be afraid and simply reach out!
Send me a PM on the forum, or direct message via 
Discord (Minashigo Hiko#1126).
We are happy to assist you with upcoming events and with sponsoring your prize pool!

We hope you have a lot of fun with this event and are looking forward to casting your games!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Skylords Reborn Team and Toggy

• Minashigo Hiko changed the title to Official PvP Rookie Contest#1 Clashes of Swords - 08.10.2021
  • Minashigo Hiko pinned this topic

No rules saying that previous top rookies can't participate, cool.
But I have just checked definition of a rookie and apparently I do not fit in it, so I am not sure I should take part.

So perhaps going to watch the official SR stream, we haven't had that one for a while, did we? ^^
Also 4 days in advance is a bit short, is there any particular reason for it? Are we celebrating something on 8th?

Edited by Dallarian

14 hours ago, Dallarian said:

1. No rules saying that previous top rookies can't participate.
2. Just checked definition of rookie, it seem to be very strict, can't participate, understable, have a nice day.

Going to watch official SR Twitch, yey!

Also 4 days in advance is a bit short, isn't it, any particular reason for it? Are we celebrating something on 8th?

1. previous top rookies shouldnt feel like rookies haha, they can sign up but if we think they are too good they will be outsorted.

There is no special reason for it except of the fact, that I had technical difficulties the last few days so I couldn't announce it earlier and originally it was set on another date.

We are celebrating the return of the rookie tournament on the 8th!(its just a normal day)

4 hours ago, Ggoblin said:

Seems like a good chance to find opponents who suck at micromanagement as much as me.

Only thing that worries me is the time... and lag.

Where are you from? I have never experienced Lag in Skylords Reborn myself. 

4 hours ago, Kapo said:

I'm considering (still) learning nothing about PvP and just participate if I can make the time free.... especially in the Rookie Tournement, there need to be some real Losers 😃

I am pretty sure you can just ask any pvp player and he will be able to give you tipps and or tricks.

Keep in mind, the free PVP decks are fully upgraded and give you a good card pool.

If you can not find anyone who wants to help you, just join Toggy's stream on Wednesday, the Fightclub is there to practice and improve!

Volin likes this

6 hours ago, Minashigo Hiko said:

I am pretty sure you can just ask any pvp player and he will be able to give you tipps and or tricks.

Keep in mind, the free PVP decks are fully upgraded and give you a good card pool.

If you can not find anyone who wants to help you, just join Toggy's stream on Wednesday, the Fightclub is there to practice and improve!

I know, I know. But I'm not really ready to start into PvP and maybe its kinda fun if I just try on my own 😄
At least I watched some matches so I know I have no idea what to do 😄

Majora likes this

2 hours ago, FaKamis said:

Starting time is very unfortunate for me. 17:30-19:00 CEST is usually the only time in the day I cannot participate. Anyhow, good luck to all participants! I might be able to peek a little at the stream.

Since we have players from all over the world, timing can sometimes be tricky. 
Normally we run our tournaments on Saturday or Sunday at 15:00, so be sure to check those out if you are interested 🙂 

On 10/4/2021 at 3:17 PM, Minashigo Hiko said:

1st place                12 general Booster packs

2nd place              10 general Booster packs

3rd place               8 general Booster packs

4th-6th place        6 general Booster packs

7th-9th place        4 general Booster packs

10th-12th place    2 general Booster packs

participation         1 general Booster pack

I just updated the prize pool for now!

Kapo likes this

• Majora unpinned and unfeatured this topic