looking to open thread on community advice

Doomsword87

just thinking about ways to improve the Game, all are welcome to discuss and comment

a thread based around spell casting (see my previous thread on spell casting):, and ways to improve, or nullify the effect of spells vs. units in The Game

also a thread based around "Road Map" advice, should we focus on solely changing spells before moving on to buildings? units? skills?

21 minutes ago, Doomsword87 said:

just thinking about ways to improve the Game, all are welcome to discuss and comment

a thread based around spell casting (see my previous thread on spell casting):, and ways to improve, or nullify the effect of spells vs. units in The Game

also a thread based around "Road Map" advice, should we focus on solely changing spells before moving on to buildings? units? skills?

It's already being worked on, depending on what you mean by "improving the game".
Have you followed Shrine of Martyrs, Battleship, Dreadnought and more balance changes?

Also you're probably looking for this, Balance Discord is where everything happens:
"The Skylords Reborn discord for discussing balancing changes. All card and map balancing changes can be discussed here. All changes can be tested on our test server before they hit the live server. Instructions for joining the test server can be found here: how-to-join"
https://discord.gg/NvSUwpf

Edited by Dallarian
Metagross31 and Volin like this

7 hours ago, Doomsword87 said:

hmm, eh, i rarely use that discord or any discord

i'm talking about actual spells, but i'm still acquiring a full deck, and may have to sell some cards before i can get all of the spells My Self, to test them, i'm talking about (MANA)

Discord is main medium, which directly influences majority of balance changes. Using it is your choice, but on the forum we don't even have specific cards threads, everything is covered on Discord.

If you'd like to consider different system, I'd suggest:
Writing sentences with dots at the end and capital letter at the front - for better readibility.
Suggesting actual rework / systems / examples in detail (atleast rough sketch + few examples).
Creating a thread with accurate title and description, designed to discuss the topic.

Without it, even if rough idea may be considered, there is very low chance of making a discussion.

Some support questions important to answer:
What would mana be for, since we already have power?
Since you are trying to add new resource to the game, which will probably not be unlimited and is likely to be a nerf for spells, why are you suggesting further spells nerfs?
Why do you think "such" design would be fun to the player? What is the selling point?
The idea seem to make spells very unique and rare, why?

Metagross31 likes this

9 hours ago, Doomsword87 said:

but i'm still acquiring a full deck, and may have to sell some cards before i can get all of the spells My Self, to test them

If you want to test some cards, you can play them from the auction house into the forge. There is also the option to play on the test server. Here you have access to every card and every upgrade. 
If you want to play on the test server, please start the SkylordsRebornUpdater.exe, to ensure you have the most recent version, and then close the updater. Then navigate to your BattleForge installation folder, and start the "LauncherTest.exe".
Hopefully this helps you. 

Dallarian likes this

18 hours ago, Doomsword87 said:

hmm, eh, i rarely use that discord or any discord

Just to clarify for those unaware,  you dont need the discord app, you can just use discord from your browser.