Siege of Hope - Discussion Thread

WindHunter

Responsible members of the Skylords Reborn team recently met to discuss possible changes to campaign maps. What is outlined here are the proposed changes to the map Siege of Hope. These changes are not final and are only proposed. As a warning, other map projects such as more RPvE presets and Defensive RPvE have a much higher priority for our team. As such, these, or any campaign map changes, may not happen for a very long time. 

Some changes here are firmer than others, all italicized proposals have accompanying explanations for why we are considering them, but they are the most tentative of all the proposals.

Proposed Changes:

1.    Spawn the Endboss when every remaining enemy on the map is cleared, even if time is remaining. Will allow speedrunners to achieve different times.

a.    Check and adjust other spawn interactions to work alongside it, without changing the map's difficulty

LEBOVIN likes this

• 1 month later...

I'm very happy for every map that allows this. Caves that spawn stuff and you cant do anything about it suck. I'd rather see something like that more often - sometimes offense is the best defense, right? The spawner is properly defended, and if you can destroy its thats perfectly fine to me.

Reverend830 likes this

9 hours ago, Cocofang said:

The building is the designated spawn for the enemy waves, right?
What behavior would you rather see?

Simply place the spawn building at another position that cant be so easily killed by fire stalkers or fire dancers over the cliffs. The building is well protected against air units but not against such high ranged units that just can kill it from far away. Killing the spawner before the waves spawns is ok for me but should not that easy. 

Metagross31 likes this

5 hours ago, Kapo said:

I'm very happy for every map that allows this. Caves that spawn stuff and you cant do anything about it suck. I'd rather see something like that more often - sometimes offense is the best defense, right? The spawner is properly defended, and if you can destroy its thats perfectly fine to me.

In that case Viridya should notice somehow that "big wave won't come". And it shouldnt be so easy.

Edited by Loriens

7 hours ago, Loriens said:

In that case Viridya should notice somehow that "big wave won't come". And it shouldnt be so easy.

agreed 😃

(but that depends on how hard this is to implement, if it needs too much time of a dev its not worth it)

I am in favor of having the player engage with the camp instead of killing the spawner over a cliff while the AI remains idle.

It would still be possible to occupy the defending army and rushing in to destroy the building. But with that strat you at least have to play around the twilight camp.

Kapo likes this