Tradable starter cards

Asher

No reason why these cards shouldn't be as tradable as any other, it's just inconsistent behavior. 

The only counter argument I can think of is that it's a new player protection that doesn't allow to sell all of their cards. That made sense in the original battleforge perhaps, but in the new one cards (especially commons) and bfp are plenty, I can't imagine someone selling all of their cards for bfp and "starving". Another option is to unlock trading of starter cards only after a certain rank has been achieved.

Why? 🤨

It's hard enough to even sell commons because the game is flooded with them. Nobody needs to buy more commons. Except maybe people starting out.
That's doubly true for starter commons where literally everyone has them. And having some fixed starter cards that are account bound doesn't strike me as particularly unintuitive.

So what's the benefit that's supposed to justify the change? Is shuffling together maybe less than 100 additional BFP from selling them all in AH and trade chat really the goal? Or is it some OCD thing of wanting to have a super clean inventory? In that case opening boosters must be hell.

Kubik likes this

11 hours ago, Asher said:

No reason why these cards shouldn't be as tradable as any other, it's just inconsistent behavior. 

The only counter argument I can think of is that it's a new player protection that doesn't allow to sell all of their cards. That made sense in the original battleforge perhaps, but in the new one cards (especially commons) and bfp are plenty, I can't imagine someone selling all of their cards for bfp and "starving". Another option is to unlock trading of starter cards only after a certain rank has been achieved.

Yeah, this was an important feature upon release (where cards like windweaver, surge of light, etc were very expensive) but it's not that important now. The main reason to keep this feature is to disincentivize players from multiaccounting to quickly trade their important starter cards to a 2nd account, for a faster boost.

I don't think there's a good reason to change the system. While there may not be many people who would be motivated to multiaccount for this reason, I also don't think there are many people who would actually benefit from being able to trade their last copy of the starter cards.

On 9/9/2021 at 12:03 PM, Cocofang said:

Why? 🤨

It's hard enough to even sell commons because the game is flooded with them. Nobody needs to buy more commons. Except maybe people starting out.
That's doubly true for starter commons where literally everyone has them. And having some fixed starter cards that are account bound doesn't strike me as particularly unintuitive.

So what's the benefit that's supposed to justify the change? Is shuffling together maybe less than 100 additional BFP from selling them all in AH and trade chat really the goal? Or is it some OCD thing of wanting to have a super clean inventory? In that case opening boosters must be hell.

The OCD thing... just having some cards I can't get rid of, is bleh. As for opening boosters part I am hoping that in the future there will be a system to get rid of common cards 😛 And if not I can always give them away to new players.