Amii Monument 2.0

VinceyBoi

Non-legendary T4 Amii Monument-style card for 5-orb decks  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this idea?

• I like the idea
    • I don't like the idea
    • I don't want 5-orb decks

Please note, this isn't a discussion regarding Amii Monument, I am proposing a new card.

Amii Monument allows you to have 5 orbs, when typically, you'll only have 4. I like this functionality but believe a new card would serve this functionality better. A new, far weaker version of Amii Monument.

Proposition:

4-orb (neutral).

100 cost (or similarly cheap).

Semi-unique building (all players can spawn one each, but only one).

Orb-switching is free (or cheap), and has no cooldown.

Alternative proposition:

4-orb (neutral).

200 cost (or similarly moderate cost).

Non-unique building (all players can spawn as many as they want) (like a normal card).

Once an orb has been chosen, it is locked in, and cannot be changed.

A card like this would open up some fun 4-orb plays. It would allow players to create some versatile and mixed decks, particularly allowing players to incorporate high level spells into their decks (i.e. nature spells). This would also allow decks using 4-orb pure cards to have a bit more options when playing.

Thoughts?

Edit: current Amii Monument means that people can't use 5-orb decks consistently for PvE. This suggestion allows people to reliably use 5-orb decks without having to consult other players nor limiting other players from using their own 5-orb deck.

Edited by VinceyBoi

Honestly, you've hit the nail on the head regarding my suggestion. My aim for this card is to take the T4 elements of Amii Monument and Enlightenment and merge them. You're already at T4 and are most likely capable of dealing with any threat anyway. This card would just expand the options you have without breaking the game like Amii Monument and Enlightenment do.

I do, but Amii Mon is accompanied by the imbalance of skipping Tier-3 which is a pretty debated topic atm as well as it's high cost.

My suggestion emphasises the use of orb-switching by giving it zero cooldown and making it cheaper to support 5-orb decks better. It also allows for multiple players to use it in the same match.

TL;DR Amii Mon focuses of skipping T3. My suggestion focuses on 5-orb decks.

Edit: you seem to dislike the idea of 5-orb decks, why?

Edited by VinceyBoi

3 hours ago, VinceyBoi said:

Edit: you seem to dislike the idea of 5-orb decks, why?

I am used that card games have a "cheat" card - but we have already 2 very stong ones in BaFo. Clearly maps and cards are by design for 4 orbs per player. Clever players already switch prolly an orb - this as a cost and I like that this malus occurs. Deckbuilding should have a strategy factor, not only throwing in randomly the best cards of all colors.

And in addition balancing around a constant 5-orb meta would be hell I guess ^^

3 hours ago, wanky said:

just imagine, u have a strong deckbuild for t5 strat, and somone eles is faster building up this neu Amii t4 orb. U could not build it anymore, and stay t4, maby yours deck would not work 100% anymore. 

My suggestion is not a legendary, all players should be able to place one. It's mentioned in the OP for both variants suggested.

3 hours ago, Volin said:

I am used that card games have a "cheat" card - but we have already 2 very stong ones in BaFo. Clearly maps and cards are by design for 4 orbs per player. Clever players already switch prolly an orb - this as a cost and I like that this malus occurs. Deckbuilding should have a strategy factor, not only throwing in randomly the best cards of all colors.

And in addition balancing around a constant 5-orb meta would be hell I guess ^^

Sure but a 5-orb deck is just a 4-orb deck with extra options. It would be no different than balancing to 4-orbs. Additionally, unlike Amii Monument and Enlightenment, this wouldn't break maps.

Like you said, it's already easily doable with orb switching. Spawn in your T4-XL units, then swap out an orb for nature to get access to its strong spells (and 100 power which is nothing at that stage). At the cost of a card slot (a pretty big deal), this makes it more convenient.

Edited by VinceyBoi

23 hours ago, Earlygirl said:

it should really be accesable for every player on the map

the actual amii is often used 

i´m not sure if its good for the game if can build more then one per player

do you have any wombocombo in mind with more then 5 orbs which can potentially break the game?

Nothing that can't already be done with Amii Monument or regular old orb-switching.