Restoring Lyr - Need play testing and feedback - UPDATE 2.2 Out!

RookieN

Feedback Poll 2  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Opinion after Update 2

• Much Better!
    • Good
    • Worse
  2. 2. How far do YOU consider this map is finished?

• 100%
    • 99% Almost there
    • 75%
    • 50%
    • 25%
  3. 3. Im learning alot doing this!, Would you like me to continue to do maps after this?

• Yes Absolutely!
    • I dont mind
    • dude stop, get some help

33 minutes ago, DutchyDutchy said:

Yes, but I played both expert and advanced before the last update haha (last wednesday). I will try again somewhere upcoming week.

Oh ok i thought u tried on the latest today, cuz ive added different difficulties now 😛

Played on Expert. 

From the current difficulty I would definitely count it as expert. Defending is about the same difficulty as GoL with the detail that you have 3 walls to defend. 
That you are now forced to make the camp in the upper left first to get to t4 makes the whole thing really tough. But doable. 
Northern attack wave is closely timed and almost only with units to defend, because the time is too short to build up buildings. In addition, the units also seem to pull no aggro and run strait through on the gold wagon which has made the whole thing a bit tight. 

In the meantime it was a bit tight in the defense, because you defend for a long time only with t2 but camp after camp cleart and thus stronger waves come. 
In comparison, the last Endwave was rather "weak". Could imagine there 2-3 XL units more inside. Maby even a 2nd Dragon. 

The whole thing was played with PUR Frost. Both positions. 

To "simplify" the thing we used cliffing, but only time savings, the bases could have done so. It was played randomly without consultation, without voice. 

Enclosed is the replay

I will try to play Std and Adv aswell. Take a bit long to find party memebers. 😄

/wanky

Restorin Lyr 30min Pur Frost Expert.pmv

RookieN likes this

2 minutes ago, wanky said:

Played on Expert. 

From the current difficulty I would definitely count it as expert. Defending is about the same difficulty as GoL with the detail that you have 3 walls to defend. 
That you are now forced to make the camp in the upper left first to get to t4 makes the whole thing really tough. But doable. 
Northern attack wave is closely timed and almost only with units to defend, because the time is too short to build up buildings. In addition, the units also seem to pull no aggro and run strait through on the gold wagon which has made the whole thing a bit tight. 

In the meantime it was a bit tight in the defense, because you defend for a long time only with t2 but camp after camp cleart and thus stronger waves come. 
In comparison, the last Endwave was rather "weak". Could imagine there 2-3 XL units more inside. Maby even a 2nd Dragon. 

The whole thing was played with PUR Frost. Both positions. 

To "simplify" the thing we used cliffing, but only time savings, the bases could have done so. It was played randomly without consultation, without voice. 

Enclosed is the replay

I will try to play Std and Adv aswell. Take a bit long to find party memebers. 😄

/wanky

Restorin Lyr 30min Pur Frost Expert.pmv 56.11 kB · 0 downloads

Great feedback! feels like the balancing are going in the right direction then. Really awesome you take your time to try it out helps me alot. Yeah sadly it seems not many are very interested in the community tab 😞 even though there could be some hidden gems there. Trying to make one of those 😄 As always i will take all this info and see if i can make it even better 🙂 //RookieN

absolutely no problehm. I rly enjoy the map. would try to make another game today on Adv. do you have a wish for a deck to be used on which position? Think Pur frost you have slowly seen from me on the map 😄

bzl. the cliff strat. Is indeed a mechanic that you can use. but think that can stay inside. However, you could make the whole thing a little more difficult by making vision block on the walls. Was just a spontaneous thought.

Can also like times in the discord sit together to look at details and diffrend tactics to brainstorm how that would feel. Think by the few replays things can be "forgotten" or remain inside without attention that are completely broken.

My Discord you have on my profile

RookieN likes this

have now also made the map on Adv. Played with a Pur Nature deck. The difference to expert is hardly noticeable in the defense. Apart from the fact that Frost was a lot easier to defend. Towards the end it's really hard to defend when you're only t2 and can only draw the orbs when you already get the strong attacks.

Restoring Lyr Adv 25min.pmv

• RookieN changed the title to Restoring Lyr - Need play testing and feedback - UPDATE 2.2 Out!

Hey RookieN, I just did the map on expert a few times with Arabika, and the map felt different than the last time I played it, which is good, as it was more of a challenge. However, we collected a few points that stood out to us when we theory crafted on how to beat the map and when we actually played it. 

- The walls. Because you can fly over some walls, the units will rocket into space, which makes them difficult to control. this is especially notifiable at the bottom entrance of the top left A.  I do not mean you can cross a wall, but more on the sides. 

- Because the camps are filled with high difficult enemies, the easiest strategy is to wait for a huge army. Because there is no real timer to make you rush the camps. The only real limit are the charges. (FYI, The topside was done with pure fire)

- We felt like there needs to be more pressure on the player on the top side, as he can basically wait for power for 20 minutes without getting punished. Maybe some patrolling waves could spawn every few minutes that gets stronger each time. 

- The Bottom is super easy to defend until minute 24, when the abomination spawns. Before that you can easily wait for power and defend with a rioters retreat and commandos. and later on with 1 or 2 necroblasters. 

- The final wave at the top right seems not complete. There were 2 waves and then the attacks stopped, which felt very underwhelming as you have to wait 3 minutes for nothing. Either make 1 big wave and no timer, or have constant waves for 5 minutes. 

- Which the top defense for 5 minutes, the bottom is doing basically nothing. After the top timer has run out, the top is doing nothing anymore. Of course, you could bring your units down to the bottom after, but that would make, even on expert, the ending way too easy. We thought that maybe the top timer and the last bottom wave could happen simultaneously. 

- This map feels like a t4 less map. Without Amii monument, you will need to do 95% of the map pre t4. Of course, this is not a bad thing, but it seems weird you get t4 so late when you barely use it for anything. 

- A small bug we found, after we killed an A camp, it was still shown on the mini map until all of the camps are killed, which could lead to some confusion. 

- Obvious map abuses and "dirty" tactics: The cliffs are all really thin. With a combination of undead army and Scyth Fiends, you an get to the last 2 orbs without any problems. Maybe you could make that wall more thicker so this would not be possible. 
Another cheap trick would be to use white rangers and go underneath the camps and kill them with their ability. Because the first two A-camps are in the form of a C, they will not walk towards you and attack,  but stay stuck inside the camp. 

RookieN likes this

1 hour ago, DutchyDutchy said:

Hey RookieN, I just did the map on expert a few times with Arabika, and the map felt different than the last time I played it, which is good, as it was more of a challenge. However, we collected a few points that stood out to us when we theory crafted on how to beat the map and when we actually played it. 

- The walls. Because you can fly over some walls, the units will rocket into space, which makes them difficult to control. this is especially notifiable at the bottom entrance of the top left A.  I do not mean you can cross a wall, but more on the sides. 

- Because the camps are filled with high difficult enemies, the easiest strategy is to wait for a huge army. Because there is no real timer to make you rush the camps. The only real limit are the charges. (FYI, The topside was done with pure fire)

- We felt like there needs to be more pressure on the player on the top side, as he can basically wait for power for 20 minutes without getting punished. Maybe some patrolling waves could spawn every few minutes that gets stronger each time. 

- The Bottom is super easy to defend until minute 24, when the abomination spawns. Before that you can easily wait for power and defend with a rioters retreat and commandos. and later on with 1 or 2 necroblasters. 

- The final wave at the top right seems not complete. There were 2 waves and then the attacks stopped, which felt very underwhelming as you have to wait 3 minutes for nothing. Either make 1 big wave and no timer, or have constant waves for 5 minutes. 

- Which the top defense for 5 minutes, the bottom is doing basically nothing. After the top timer has run out, the top is doing nothing anymore. Of course, you could bring your units down to the bottom after, but that would make, even on expert, the ending way too easy. We thought that maybe the top timer and the last bottom wave could happen simultaneously. 

- This map feels like a t4 less map. Without Amii monument, you will need to do 95% of the map pre t4. Of course, this is not a bad thing, but it seems weird you get t4 so late when you barely use it for anything. 

- A small bug we found, after we killed an A camp, it was still shown on the mini map until all of the camps are killed, which could lead to some confusion. 

- Obvious map abuses and "dirty" tactics: The cliffs are all really thin. With a combination of undead army and Scyth Fiends, you an get to the last 2 orbs without any problems. Maybe you could make that wall more thicker so this would not be possible. 
Another cheap trick would be to use white rangers and go underneath the camps and kill them with their ability. Because the first two A-camps are in the form of a C, they will not walk towards you and attack,  but stay stuck inside the camp. 

Thanks for all the tips and feedback, thought i fixed the wave script up north, need to look at it again. Yeah there are alot of bad choices done i notice now after, but all this is good for learning since its my first time ever. So its great practice to try and figure out how to solve these problems 🙂 But will try to make it as best as i can, next map will sure be better planned, but i dont wanna give up on this one 😄

Dutchy likes this

7 minutes ago, DutchyDutchy said:

This map is so close to amazing. Really! Just the final touches and it will be comparable with the existing maps, if not better then some.

Wow.. Might sound weird but this means alot to me actually, and i mean ALOT. Like many others this was a childhood game and now be able to give something back for a game that we loved and love 🙂 feels amazing. To see other people enjoy something myself have created too.  Thank you for your nice comments and feedback Dutchy and to ALL others who helped me with feedback. stay safe skylords 😉

Dutchy and Metagross31 like this

• 5 weeks later...