Lost Souls MOTM lvl 10

Hi

So this months MOTM is Lost Souls, ive tried it a few times but i keep losing.

Can anyone show me a good deck and a replay for this ?

I just dont know how to deal with Lost Vigils, Spellbreakers and Trieefiends at t1.

And of course i dont want to depend on help from  my teammates.

Thanks in advance :)

I'm not that good and haven't seen this month's motm, but I have seen @Treim do lost souls 10s on youtube before.

If you're stuck in t1, I think the easiest strategy is usually fire t1 for nomads + mine, focus the spawn camp and erupt it to death. Use mine to kill the incoming waves, and build some blaster cannons to kill lost vigils after you bait them out. Firesworn helps against treefiends as well, and you can also use the nomad ability for some extra burst against lost vigils.

2 hours ago, Fundus said:

And of course i dont want to depend on help from  my teammates

A 4player Lost Souls 10 can only be beaten by a team that works together as team.

The mentioned Video is a great advice as the map was even harder then the current map. This is the Vid:

2 hours ago, Eirias said:

If you're stuck in t1, I think the easiest strategy is usually fire t1 for nomads + mine, focus the spawn camp and erupt it to death. Use mine to kill the incoming waves, and build some blaster cannons to kill lost vigils after you bait them out. Firesworn helps against treefiends as well, and you can also use the nomad ability for some extra burst against lost vigils.

I completely support this, with the exception of the Firesworn. The only additional cards that I personally would consider for this map are perhaps Sunstriders on some positions and/or suppression to lower dmg a bit. Sunderer may perhap be a solution on several positions, but I doubt from the first tests.

Something like this would work
grafik.thumb.png.f62935fb028436f388b2bcb7105a2136.png
Many cards can ofc be swapped there is no "best and only" way.
Purple T2 is very common too, with Phoenix and one Player bringing an Embalmers Shrine.

Last but not least I would strongly recommend to use voice chat. Ofc it may be possible with very good players without, but fast and good communication is very important on hard BG10 maps

Edited by Volin
Metagross31 and Eirias like this

2 hours ago, Fundus said:

Hi

So this months MOTM is Lost Souls, ive tried it a few times but i keep losing.

Can anyone show me a good deck and a replay for this ?

I just dont know how to deal with Lost Vigils, Spellbreakers and Trieefiends at t1.

And of course i dont want to depend on help from  my teammates.

Thanks in advance 🙂

If there is Vigils/Brains at t1 the common strategy is to go 1 by 1 and people help each other just because otherwise everyone waits for power so long, usually a solo start is possible as well though aswell, sometimes more viable than other times.
Fire is the meta t1 for this. Usually you run Nomads, Mine, Eruption, Sunstrider and Blaster Cannon.
If you go by turn, the player that clears usually play 3 nomads and 2 blaster cannon and the others help with Mines (2-3 for the camp that gets attacked) + 1 defensive Mine for the other path that leads to your t1.  Nomads run in and pull air units out a bit so blasters can start shooting. Afterwards Nomads go suicide and the spawn camp gets erupted (4 eruptions).
At t1 a sunstrider gets spawned with hold position command as soon as the lost dancer from thhe other income attacks it, so as to trap the income and prevent respawning waves from there.

If you want to go solo, you usually skip certain steps of the setup to get power back faster via your void pool if possible. So you might skip blaster cannons and take care of air units afterwards. The only set thing you have to do is erupt the spawn camp at t2. Everything else can be delayed in theory and has scenarios where it is advised to do so. Usually you at least set Mines to take care of most of the ground units though.

To be more specific for this month's map. On positions 2-4 you should probably skip the blasters first and just start with 3 mines at the camp + eruptions. You are forced to do 3 Mines because the camps all get shielded. In combination with another 2 blaster cannons you simply wait too long alone otherwise.
Position 1 is different because once you attack t2 the right camp gets mostly pulled which triggers additional waves from t3, while you also have to deal with buffed vigils which mostly stay out of range of blaster cannons and the position allows for very room to move units cleverly. Attacking the right camp first doesn't work either because the income from t2 will then pull vigils and treefiend nonetheless.
--> I guess you can wait ages for power until you attack but the income from t3 will get triggered by your mate at pos2 anyhow and you get the effect chain of --> t3 wave pulls right camp above t1 --> you need to kill those units --> incomes from t2 get triggered and suddenly you have both camps in front of you t1 and havent even killed anything.
So clearing this position solo is a purely theoretical exercise  with no practical application.

Metagross31 and Eirias like this