Test Server Patch - Iteration 16 - 16 July 2021

Iteration 16

Greetings Skylords, Skyladies and Skyfolk!

Iteration 16 of our test server is here. This patch mainly includes lots of new changes to cards, and an overhaul to the 2vs2 maps!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where are balance changes discussed? 
For now we have a Discord server dedicated for this. An invite link to the server: https://discord.gg/NvSUwpf

How can I join the test server?
To join the test server you simply need to launch LauncherTest.exe located in your BattleForge installation folder. It is important you run the updater first, so you download the latest test server files. In the future we plan to make it easier to join the test server. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General changes

• Added support for extended community map configuration.
  • Added new artwork for Firesworn.
  • Players can now look at lobbies while they are in a ranked queue.
  • Added new Skylords Reborn logo in mails.

General fixes

• Your saved password will not be reset anymore when your login fails.
  • Fixed an issue where some cards in maps had no (or a wrong) name and description.

General card changes

• Empire (map)
    • Added missing artwork to Lyrish House.
  • Russian Translation Improvements
    • Fixed forgotten Russian translations for a number of cards including Northstar, Stone Warrior, Worldbreaker Gun, Stone of Torment, Aura of Corruption, Dreadnought, and Core Dredge.

PvE card changes

• Added Aegis ability which gives up to 5 friendly units nearby a damaged ice shield with 400 current and 1500 max life points.
  • Bloodthirst (green)
    • Increased affected units from 5 to 7. Also fixed a bug which causes the U0 version to be fire affinity instead of nature affinity.
  • Comet Catcher & Lifestream
    • Removed initial cooldown.
  • Core Dredge
    • Increased damage from 2240/2295/2400/2665 to 2880/2930/3050/3325.
    • Increased the blue affinity's bonus damage against frozen units by 25% on each upgrade
    • Reduced the fire affinity's siege damage by 35% on each upgrade (damage against buildings unchanged).
    • Reduced knockback strength from 10 meters to 5 meters.
  • Dreadnought
    • Added Shatter Ice (Crushing Blow) passive ability which lets him deal 50% more damage against frozen targets and added passive regeneration aura (Father of Winter) which heals all friendly units with Ice Shields within 20 meter for 3% of max life every second.
  • Frost Shard (green)
    • Reduced cost from 150 to 140 and added full damage against frozen targets
  • Grove Spirit
    • Increased walk speed to 6.4 (default L- and XL walkspeed). 
    • Increased range of active ability by 10 meter, removed nature restriction, and decreased cost by 10 on all upgrades.
  • Ironclad
    • Reduced duration of active from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.
    • Decreased health from 4980/5320/6000/6750 to 3980/4320/5000/5750.
  • Ironclad (green)
    • Increased duration of Ice Shield to 20 seconds
  • Jorne
    • Increased radius of his passive ability from 20 to 30 meters.
  • Noxious Cloud
    • Changed damage type to true damage.
  • Plague (purple)
    • Decreased initial parasites from 7 to 5 and reduced secondary parasites per death and number of jumps of secondary parasites from 3 to 2.
  • Ravenheart (purple)
    • Increased life points by 100 on each upgrade.
    • Increased damage from 4125 to 6300 by reducing the damage of each cannon from 110 max 165 to 90 max 120 while increasing the number of cannons from 4 to 6. Also increased the splash damage of his attacks from 5 to 8 meters.
    • Added "Fleet Support" passive which increases Ravenheart's speed when near Ravenships. Changed faster movement speed to 6.4 and increased movement speed of Ravenships from 4.8 to 6.4, too.
    • Removed Mine ability
    • Reduced Ravenship spawn ability's cooldown from 180 seconds to 90 seconds.
    • Changed Harpoon dmg to 1750/2050/2500/2500, reduced splash radius from 15 to 8m, made it targetable on air units, and increased cooldown from 20 to 60 seconds.
  • Rogan Kayle
    • Increased radius of his passive ability from 15 to 20 meter. This also includes the promo version.
  • Santa
    • Changed Attack and Life Points from 2000 to 2512 and therefore added the unique ability of being able to show the player the date when he was available.
  • Shrine of Martyrs
    • Added green affinity with increased duration by 15 second on all upgrades and purple affinity with increased void return percentage by 4% on all upgrades
    Strikers
    • Removed Looter and added new Plunder ability
  • Tempest
    • Added freeze ability and removed summoning sickness when spawning
  • Void Maw (red and purple)
    • Added Disruption ability which causes units that are attacked by his normal attack to take 30% more damage for 10 seconds.
  • Ward of the North
    • Increased radius from 15 to 20 meters and added steadfast ability to targets.

PvP card changes

• Bandit Lancer
    • Reduced life points by 20 for each upgrade
  • Dryad (blue)
    • Increased damage reduction for allies from 0% to 10%.
  • Frost Sorceress
    • Increased cooldown of Ice Shield from 7 to 8 seconds.
  • Juggernaut
    • Increase initial stampede cooldown from 20 to 25 seconds. Affects promo version.
  • Magma Spore (purple)
    • added Splash damage 200(200) to 200(240)
  • Mountain Rowdy (red and green affinity)
    • Ability no longer affects air units.
  • Scorched Earth
    • Increased cooldown from 30 to 45 seconds.
  • Shrine of Greed
    • All players now receive the void return instead of only allied players.
  • Skyelf Sage
    • Reduced damage from 1490/1550/1675/1800 to 1310/1370/1495/1620;
    • Single: 93/98/108/115 -> 83/88/98/105;
      Total:145/150/160/173 -> 125/132/147/158
  • Sun Reaver
    • Increased Metal Spikes damage to units, damage to buildings unchanged.
    • Single Unit: 216/227/250/275 -> 291/302/325/350 
      Total: 325/340/375/410 -> 437/453/488/525
  • Timeless One
    • Reduced life points by 50
    • Increased cooldown from 20 to 25 seconds.
  • Timeshifter Spirit
    • Changed healing ratio from 320/160/80/40/20 to 275/220/165/110/55

PvE map changes

• Convoy:
    • Prevented building inside the path of the convoy walkers.
  • Ocean:
    • Removed two excess Gold Chests to match the standard four chests per each single player map.
  • The Soultree:
    • Added one Gold Chests to match the standard four chests per each single player map.
  • Defending Hope
    • Added two Gold Chests to match the standard four chests per each single player map.
  • The Guns of Lyr
    • Fixed that the fire in the south dealt no damage.
    • You now cannot construct buildings near the map border anymore.
  • Introduction
    • Added a single Gold Chest.

PvP map changes

A better list of changes with images and visual clarification will be available in the wiki in the upcoming days.

• Danduil
    • Fixed an issue where you could not spawn units on one side of the outer edge power wells.
    • Remove the walls surrounding the monuments at the side.
    • Added two power wells each at the orb positions in the top left, top right, bottom left, and bottom right.
  • Gorgasch
    • The wall near the starting monuments will now start as unbuilt. All players start with 25 energy more.
    • Adjusted the position of the walls, monuments, and powerwells in top and bottom bases. The wall now cannot be built by enemies anymore if you have a amii structure in the base.
    • Removed all walls in the center bases of the maps.
    • Increased power costs of all walls to 50 energy.
    • Moved the power wells near the outer left and outer right bases closer to the center.
    • Removed two power wells in the center well cluster.
    • Adjusted the player starting positions so they are symmetrical.
  • Fyre
    • Increased the cost of all walls to 50 energy
    • The side walls at the top left, top right, bottom left, and bottom right cannot be taken by the enemy anymore if you own the power well closest to the wall.
    • The power wells in the top left of the upper starting base now provide spawn presence for units and buildings.
  • Nadai
    • Adjusted the positions of monuments and walls, so the walls near the monuments cannot be used by enemies to attack the monuments anymore.
    • Added two power wells with 1200 power near the middle.
  • Turan
    • Opened up center orb by creating a connecting path to all 4 diagonal well clusters.
  • Yshia
    • Opened up and expanded various ramps
    • Adjusted the positions of the starting walls, monuments, and power wells, so offensive walling is more difficult.
    • Increased the cost of some walls from 25 to 50.
  • Koshan
    • Change the starting position for each player. It is now swapped with the position where the inner orb was.
    • Added a ramp behind this inner orb, to make the power wells more accessible.
    • Opened up plateaus with ramps to each side in the corners, and moved the walls away from the walls.

Bug Fixes

• Altar of Chaos
    • Bomb no longer requires an orb to spawn.
  • Aura of Corruption
    • Fixed upgrade description.
  • Bloodhorn
    • Fixed description and upgrade text for stampede.
  • Bloodthirst (red and green)
    • Fixed U0 to U2 and fixed internal name of the green affinity.
  • Comet Catcher
    • Change "their target" to "its target" in description.
  • Core Dredge (blue)
    • Fixed description variables.
  • Dryad (green)
    • Fixed description text for English and German.
  • Grim Bahir (green)
    • Now shows 3 stars on U3 next to the ability.
  • Portal Nexus
    • Portal exist no longer requires an orb to spawn.
  • Offering
    • Fixed an issue where the card sometimes refunded two charges instead of one.
  • Queek Queek
    • Improved description and fixed a bug where he couldn't attack some buildings.
  • Text Not Found Error
    • Fixed for Soul Splicer, Elemental Crystals, and Sunken Temple
  • Tremor
    • Fixed description text for English and German.
  • Worldbreaker Gun
    • Change "their target" to "its target" in description.
    • Corrected an error in German text.

A big thank you to our developers for their work in implementing these changes!

• Zyna pinned and featured this topic

So there are 4 different Ironclads now 2 with 6750 health and 2 with 5750 health but higher attack.

is it supposed to be like that and will it be implemented in the Main Server ?

50 minutes ago, Fimion said:

So there are 4 different Ironclads now 2 with 6750 health and 2 with 5750 health but higher attack.

is it supposed to be like that and will it be implemented in the Main Server ?

These kinds of "testing" affinities" are simply there so you can compare the old and the new card side-by-side. So once the update goes to the live server, only one of those two variants will be available.

Bkingn likes this
15 minutes ago, Zyna said:

These kinds of "testing" affinities" are simply there so you can compare the old and the new card side-by-side. So once the update goes to the live server, only one of those two variants will be available.

What is the reason for this change ?

I always liked Ironclad because of his high HP and low attack, thats what made him special in my opinion.

I think this is a very bad change, it would be much better if you would increase his cost to 300 and increase his HP to 7500.

This change makes him a below average card, Grimvine for example has much better stats even Nightshade Plant.

In my opinion this change would really ruin Ironclad.

Edited by Fimion
38 minutes ago, Fimion said:

For now we have a Discord server dedicated for this. An invite link to the server: https://discord.gg/NvSUwpf

if you wanna discuss changes, you should join the Balance Discord, things are discussed there

Edited by Kapo
Dallarian likes this
10 minutes ago, Kapo said:

if you wanna discuss changes, you should join the Balance Discord, things are discussed there

Discord doesnt work for me it says i have to verify my account by Phone.

But i have no mobile phone, only an old cable Phone from the 80s and that doesnt work for discord verification.

Why is there no section in the forum to discuss balancing ?

Edited by Fimion
1 hour ago, Fimion said:

I always liked Ironclad because of his high HP and low attack, thats what made him special in my opinion.

I think this is a very bad change, it would be much better if you would increase his cost to 300 and increase his HP to 7500.

This change makes him a below average card, Grimvine for example has much better stats even Nightshade Plant.

In a previous patch we buffed Ironclad's damage per 20 seconds by 33%. This nerf to Ironclad's life points is only a 15% reduction, leading to over a 16% total increase in stat efficiency. Even losing 1000 life points Ironclad as a ranged unit still possesses a larger health pool than many T4 melee units such as Batariel, Bloodhorn, and Grinder. With these changes Ironclad still possesses over a 1000 more life points than damage leaving the low damage/high health identity intact. It makes complete sense that Grimvine and Nightshade Plant have better stat efficiencies than Ironclad given that Ironclad is a ranged unit and so does not suffer from any of the weaknesses of melee units, such as only 3 melee XL units being able to attack a target at a time. 

Besides the fact that these changes make Ironclad substantially more stat efficient overall, you also need to look at this card as part of Frost as a faction and not individually. We have been steadily adding more sustain and shielding options into Frost's toolkit. As such, in order to keep Ironclad balanced in this environment he needs to have some of his life points reduced. Given the new sustain tools coming into Frost, decks utilizing Ironclad should continue to feel very durable and tanky, if not more so after we are done with our Pure Frost redesign. 

Bkingn and Eirias like this
6 hours ago, Fimion said:

Well, can't really account for freak incidents where Discord doesn't work for someone. There are many ways to find it though.

I don't know how this change would ruin a card that has very underwhelming damage and a clunky ability. Ranged Frost T4 is severely lacking in single target damage. Construct has incredible range and knockback but is slow, has a nasty turn speed and it cannot hit air at all. Battleship is slow unless cared for with shields and its damage is all splash, except the ability, that also cannot hit air. Tempest needs help itself and Skyelf Commander has bad battle stats.

So ranged Frost T4 is extremely bad against any of the more beefier air targets, can't hit air at all or has some other big downside. Overall ranged single target damage is bad.

Now Ironclad fills that hole. Its single target damage is very respectable, especially with the XL damage amp. It also remains the beefiest ranged unit in the game (Spore Launcher is more like a mobile building). Ironclad already was a "below average" card. More wet noodle ranged damage to add to the pile for Frost.

Why you would use these other cards as reference points, I don't know. Not only are they both melee but their stats are identical, only swapped. Which was another balance change made previously. You should also elaborate how you think stat efficiency was made worse. If you just brute force add up offense and defense, you get 10150 for live-Ironclad. 12180 for both Grimvine and Nightshade Plant. Test-Ironclad has 10430 combined stats. Which is higher than before. While being ranged, so less overall stats are justified. And it still remains the tankiest ranged unit.

Sure, being a ranged tank with 6750 HP is an eye catcher, but is it practical? Not at all. Frost has shields and is yet to get more. That's an excessive amount of HP on a ranged unit, that's completely unnecessary, even in the name of "frost flavor". Especially with frontliners present. Other ranged T4s have way less HP and are still safe enough. When would you ever miss those 1000 HP that got cut? Not to mention "offense is the best defense" because more damage means stuff dies faster, which means enemies have less opportunities to damage Ironclad, which can make him survive longer.

Ironclads low damage has never been a problem for me, the worst enemies Ironclad can encounter are Lost Souls and Ironclad has absolutely no problems dealing with

Lost Dragons(as long as there is Inc MO) Archfiends and Bosses because of his XL damage.

I have never used Ironclad with Winter Witch but i have used him extensively in Frost/Nature and Elightenment decks and i always liked his low attack and high HP and i never felt like his attack was too weak.

I remember last week i was playing rPvE 9 Lost Souls with my Ironclad deck and for a couple of seconds my Ironclads were very low on health and would have probably died if they had 1000 HP less, in fact his high HP has saved me many times.

I think it would be much better if the red affinity had higher attack and the blue affinity would stay unchanged or if there would be 4 affinities like in the test server.

I dont know how other people feel about this, especially those who use Ironclad combined with Winter Witch but reducing his HP and buffing his attack would definitly ruin Ironclad for me.

Edit:

I just made a deck with Ironclad and Winter Witch and played a few rPvE 9 games with Bandit and Twilight enemies, unfortunately no Lost Souls.

Ironclad combined with Winter Witch is a really nice combo but id still take high HP over a higher attack especially for hard enemies like Souls.

Ironclads damage is absolutely ok especially with ice barrier + homesoil.

Edit2:

Lost Spellbreakers disable shields even with Inc MO active.

Edited by Fimion

Man do I love these Ironclad changes! Finally some love for this unique card love it love it love it!!! I always wished for higher attack to be much more viable it helps frost to clear faster and the less health is nothing while im under shields all the time! Yes! Keep up the good work guys! Im amazed! 😄

Majora likes this