Official PvE Contest#2 Back to the roots - Slave Master UNTIL 28.07.2021

16 hours ago, undead4ever said:

question: is the middle road exclusive for offense player or can be use by both?

can player on right side attack unit/building on the left if they stand on the middle road?

I think the core confusion is:

The side restrictions doesn't restrict the players from entering that site, they are not allowed to harm any units that are not standing on their own site, the reason why some spells are also forbidden and others allowed.

So:

The middle can be used by both.

No they can't.

On 7/12/2021 at 9:09 PM, Minashigo Hiko said:

Every spell that is able to target an enemy is an offensive spell.

As example: Revenge targets your own units, same as life weaving. Infect targets enemy units.

I think this definition is not clear enough or life weaving is a special case in my opinion. Life weaving you cast on your own unit but you are able to damage enemy units a lot with it. So for me it has an offensive and defensive function. If i cast it on my own unit as an attacker and i go left side while getting damage and reflect part of this damage to the surrounding enemy units the challenge restriction is not fulfilled for me any longer. So how to handle this case? 

Edited by Pritstift

I must say that I do not believe that this can be seen at all who does what where. This would mean an enormous amount of time for each individual replay.

Casting Every Spell just seems not 100% Trackable

On 7/25/2021 at 11:55 AM, Pritstift said:

I think this definition is not clear enough or life weaving is a special case in my opinion. Life weaving you cast on your own unit but you are able to damage enemy units a lot with it. So for me it has an offensive and defensive function. If i cast it on my own unit as an attacker and i go left side while getting damage and reflect part of this damage to the surrounding enemy units the challenge restriction is not fulfilled for me any longer. So how to handle this case? 

Life weaving is indeed a special case, but as the "main feature" is the damage reduction on that one unit you choose there is no restriction.

I am well aware that it does reflect a lot of dmg and as we also could see in the last Community Award of LEBOVIN, it even can kill bosses.

BUT I am not restricting it, because if you wan't to deal damage with this, you can not "just" do it.

In conclusion: Not restricted.

On 7/25/2021 at 1:18 PM, wanky said:

I must say that I do not believe that this can be seen at all who does what where. This would mean an enormous amount of time for each individual replay.

Casting Every Spell just seems not 100% Trackable

It is not impossible and I have a lot of time, sure you can just cast it at the same time but at some point I will see it and is it really worth it to get disqualified because of such a small thing?

It is trackable, but as you say sometimes I will maybe not see it.. or will I? 😉

i believe in common sense and sportsmanship, that people will follow the rules. Disadvantageous only that many questions there are true to the rules, therefore my fear that someone sees what as ok what eigendlich against the rules is. 

But I think that if it's not a match deciding thing you could look past it if it was unclear if this spell/atk match was deciding or not.

Just now, wanky said:

i believe in common sense and sportsmanship, that people will follow the rules. Disadvantageous only that many questions there are true to the rules, therefore my fear that someone sees what as ok what eigendlich against the rules is. 

When judging replays, I will always give the participants the benefit of the doubt, idk like give a second chance or just ignore the mistake.

When an enemy is exactly on the border I will not disqualify you because "the wrong side killed the unit" event when exactly on the border there is no wrong side.

2 minutes ago, wanky said:

But I think that if it's not a match deciding thing you could look past it if it was unclear if this spell/atk match was deciding or not.

I will of course ignore some small things as, you errupted an already dieing unit that legitimately makes 0 difference. The rules are there to give some kind of guidance.

The main reason why the border rule exist was, so that there will not be one player who carries the other one.

So that every player has its own task, I mean even with the border restriction one can simply carry but it becomes way harder.

1 hour ago, Minashigo Hiko said:

Life weaving is indeed a special case, but as the "main feature" is the damage reduction on that one unit you choose there is no restriction.

I am well aware that it does reflect a lot of dmg and as we also could see in the last Community Award of LEBOVIN, it even can kill bosses.

BUT I am not restricting it, because if you wan't to deal damage with this, you can not "just" do it.

In conclusion: Not restricted.

Sorry this makes no sence for me. If i am the attacker and i am flying or running left side with a unit that has life weaving on it the enemy units will get dmg. So its a way of attacking units - because i could fly or run around the units and i also can kill them with it. So it should be not allowed. And if you dont want to deal dmg you should not cast this spell on your unit if you are in this area - thats the part of the challenge.

The whole thing is pretty unambiguous to me. If you are responsible for any damage dealt to enemies this constitutes an attack.

Now excluding less popular use cases of cards at random from this rule especially at the end of the challenge does not make sense to me.

Edited by LEBOVIN

Just wanted to mention that replays can be automatically analyzed to detect whether a spell was played in that replay that should not be allowed, if we really start doubting each other. Whether or not the spell actually dealt damage, is more tricky (read: not feasible for now).

Metagross31 likes this

1 minute ago, Pritstift said:

@Majora

@Minashigo Hiko

Please you can explain the meaning of this sentence for us? If i participate in different categories my times cant be all in the rankings at the same time?!

This was just to ensure, that you do not submit a loss.

As on this map there is no clear win condition as in "kill the boss". We added this to have some kind of comparison, because this can be checked.

On 7/26/2021 at 3:51 PM, Pritstift said:

Sorry this makes no sence for me. If i am the attacker and i am flying or running left side with a unit that has life weaving on it the enemy units will get dmg. So its a way of attacking units - because i could fly or run around the units and i also can kill them with it. So it should be not allowed. And if you dont want to deal dmg you should not cast this spell on your unit if you are in this area - thats the part of the challenge.

I do not understand the confusion here, Life weaving targets your own unit and has the purpose to REDUCE the damage this unit gets.

Sure some percentage of that dmg will get reflected to everything around it (thorn effect) but this is not the main effect of the card, its a side effect.

Its "reduce incoming damage and reflect a percentage of it" not like in aura of pain "deal damage to everything around you".

Same as Revenge.

1 minute ago, Minashigo Hiko said:

This was just to ensure, that you do not submit a loss.

As on this map there is no clear win condition as in "kill the boss". We added this to have some kind of comparison, because this can be checked.

But there is a clear win condition - anyway should be clear now 😉

On 7/11/2021 at 3:20 AM, Minashigo Hiko said:

We will announce the winners in a stream on the 31.07.2021 (time to be announced)

Hey Hiko, don't want to stress you, but I would like to plan Saturday a bit, as I have to do a hospital visit. Don't want to miss the live stream again.

Will it be 19:00 CEST again?

2 hours ago, Volin said:

Hey Hiko, don't want to stress you, but I would like to plan Saturday a bit, as I have to do a hospital visit. Don't want to miss the live stream again.

Will it be 19:00 CEST again?

Hey Volin, 

We originally planned to stream 19:00 CEST but out of personal reasons I sadly have to move the stream to Monday...
I am currently not feeling that well and do not want to force a stream for you guys, because you deserve a fun stream like last time.

I hope you guys can understand and sorry for moving the date, I will see you all on Monday 19:00 CEST.
Because of this you will need to wait two more days to have the winners announced 😉

Ultralord likes this