Official PvE Contest#2 Back to the roots - Slave Master UNTIL 28.07.2021

Hello Skylords, Skyladies and other Skybeings.

We are back with yet another official PvE event since release.
We hope you will have a lot of fun with this event!

logo_for_events.png
What kind of event will it be?
PvE - Slave Master - Advanced Solo or with a teammate

Slave Master on Advanced Difficulty with a twist! Follow all restrictions and requirements to finish this map as fast as possible.
For example, one of the restrictions is you are only allowed to use cards from the First Edition. See below for more information and all restrictions.

There are 5 different submission types, which differentiate between Fire, Nature, Frost, Shadow and Mixed.
Each has their own prize pool.

That's not all! There are other awards like the Quirky Defence, which is a Community Award that we will be voting for live on stream at the end of the event.

When will it start?
We will accept entries starting from 12.07.2021 00:00 CEST.

The event will run for approximately 2 and 1/2 weeks, so you have time until the end of July. To be specific: 28.07.2021 23:59 CEST.
You can send your replays through DM to me on Discord (Minashigo Hiko#1126) or through a PM to me on the forum.

How can I participate?

You just have to send in your fastest replay, including the player names and the submission type. [Note: your entry has to be a victory/in the ranking]
For example: "
Hiko,MajoraPure fire Deck"

Please note: You are allowed to send in three different replays, but not more than one per submission type (this will be counted per player, not per team).

You can find your replays here: Documents=>Battleforge=>replays

Nice, but where is the difficulty?

This event will not have a point system, but there will be some requirements/restrictions you have to fulfill to successfully participate in the event.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Restrictions:

• You may only use First Edition (Twilight Edition) cards.
  • If you participate with a friend, one can only defend the twilight waves, while the other one can only attack (see below for more information).
    • The defender is only allowed to defend and attack the left side of the map.
    • The attacker is only allowed to attack the right side of the map.
    • Players are allowed to cross the line to the other side, but are restricted from attacking or using offensive spells there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Requirements:

• Destroy at least one of the patrolling Battleships on your own.
  • No member of the Treasure fleet can die.
  • Collect all 6 gold chests.
  • Both players have to use decks of the same type, which means that both of you need to fulfill the submission type or it will be counted,
    as a "Mixed" entry.
    • For example, if Player A uses Pure Frost, Player B will also have to use Pure Frost for the run to count toward a Pure Frost run.
      If Player B plays a non-frost deck, the run is considered "Mixed"

Crusade.jpg

Sounds fun! What's the prize pool?

There will be several prize pools: Fire, Nature, Frost, Shadow and MixedSubmissions will be categorized in one of these groups depending on what kind of deck you play and submit (a submission without a submission type will be automatically counted as "Mixed")
Both teams will be rewarded in case of a
 draw.
Each submission type gets different rewards and all rewards are per player.

Pure Fire prize pool
(Only First Edition Fire cards are allowed) 

1st place              3 general Booster packs and 3 Fire Booster packs.

2nd place            2 general Booster packs and 2 Fire Booster packs.

3rd place             1 general Booster pack and 1 Fire Booster pack.

Pure Nature prize pool
(Only First Edition Nature cards are allowed)  

1st place              3 general Booster packs and 3 Nature Booster packs.

2nd place            2 general Booster packs and 2 Nature Booster packs.

3rd place             1 general Booster pack and 1 Nature Booster pack.

Pure Frost prize pool 
(Only First Edition Frost cards are allowed) 

1st place              3 general Booster packs and 3 Frost Booster packs.

2nd place            2 general Booster packs and 2 Frost Booster packs.

3rd place             1 general Booster pack and 1 Frost Booster pack.

Pure Shadow prize pool 
(Only First Edition Shadow cards are allowed) 

1st place              3 general Booster packs and 3 Shadow Booster packs.

2nd place            2 general Booster packs and 2 Shadow Booster packs.

3rd place             1 general Booster pack and 1 Shadow Booster pack.

Mixed prize pool 
(Only First Edition cards are allowed, but no color restriction) 

1st place              3 general Booster packs and 3 Booster packs of your choice.

2nd place            2 general Booster packs and 2 Booster packs of your choice.

3rd place             1 general Booster pack and 1 Booster pack of your choice.

Too easy? Make it more complex!
The following award will be given out as a bonus category, but you have to submit for this.
We will have another Community Award, which will be given out by the
community at the end of the challenge.
Every participant can nominate themselves for the Community Award (only those who
apply for the award will be able to win it).

The Special Rewards (without restrictions) can be achieved by everyone.
The Community Award and the Special Rewards will both earn you bonus rewards.

The voting for the Community Award winner will take place on 
Twitch, where we will reveal the contest winners as well.

https://www.twitch.tv/skylordsreborn

The Bonus Awards:
(This award will only be distributed if more than two teams/players participate in it) 

Play Solo and stay on T3 or play Duo and stay on T2

Solo:
-->Don't have more than three orbs at the same time.
      To win this, you need to be faster than other participants in this category.

Duo:
-->Don't have more than two orbs at the same time.
      In this case, you can ignore the side restriction

1st place Prize:

• 3 general Booster packs and 1 fitting the color of your deck.

2nd place Prize:

• 2 general Booster packs

Special Rewards:

Be the fastest of them all

-->Reach the fastest overall time.
      To win this, you need to be the fastest of
all submissions. Excluding bonus submission.
      (The kind of submission doesn't matter
)

Prize:

• An already released promo of your choice

Be the fastest of them all as a Bonus Award participant

-->Reach the fastest overall time.
      To win this, you need to be the fastest of
all submissions as a Bonus Award participant.

(The kind of submission doesn't matter. You have to participate in one of the two Bonus Awards to qualify for this.)

Prize:

• An already released promo of your choice

The Community Award:

Quirky Defense

The one who shows their style to the Twilight waves.
--> 
Defend the Twilight invasion as uniquely as possible.
       For example: Try not to use the usual units as any other participant for the defense.
       This would decrease the chances for both of you to win this category.

Prize:

•  4 general Booster packs

Some Clarifications
Unbenannt.PNG
Map Clarification
GREEN(A):    Left side
BLUE(B):       Right side

Map Symbols
A :  Treasure Fleet member/Slaves
B :  Twilight infected slaves
C :  Raven Battleship/ patrolling Battleship

Card Clarification
The First Edition (Twilight Edition) is marked by their own unique set icon:Download.pngEdition_Icon_Twilight_Uncommon.pngEdition_Icon_Twilight_Rare.pngEdition_Icon_Twilight_Ultra_Rare.png
See more: https://battleforge.fandom.com/wiki/Twilight_Edition

In conclusion

This event focuses on your speed and forces you to play the map in a special way at the same time.

To summarize the new event in simple steps:

• You play on the Slave Master map in Advanced Difficulty.
  • Look at the Awards (keep in mind, these have the sole purpose to add complexity and are optional) and prize pools you wish to submit. Do your best to clear the map, while being as fast as possible and fulfilling all restrictions and requirements.
  • Once you are satisfied with your result, DM (Minashigo Hiko#1126 on Discord) or PM your best replay to me (in the forum).
    You can submit up to three times, but not more than one per submission type.
  • Make sure to add the submission type you went for in the replay name!
  • Make sure to mention if you want to apply for a community award (The Quirky Defense) or one of the Bonus Awards.
  • Wait until the end of the contest (28.07.2021 23:59 CEST) to see if you have won some prizes!
  • We will announce the winners in a stream on the 31.07.2021 02.08.2021 19:00 CEST.

1502098678_SpiritHunters(1).jpg

Future events

If you are interested in helping with these kind of events for the community, or want to host one yourself, don't be afraid and simply reach out!
Send me a PM on the forum, or direct message via 
Discord (Minashigo Hiko#1126).
We are happy to assist you with upcoming events and with sponsoring your prize pool!

We hope you have a lot of fun with this event and are looking forward to all your replays!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Skylords Reborn Team

Timer, Toggy, Antwoord and 4 others like this

• Minashigo Hiko changed the title to Official PvE Contest#2 Back to the roots - Slave Master UNTIL 28.07.2021

Even though I feel more comfortable on maps where I can stop Moon from yakking (aka BG), I'll be there for the fun again.:hypetrain:

My plan so far: Participation in 3 different colors with 3 fundamentally different teams.
The shadow team is already set.

One of these teams I would like to form with someone with whom I have long nothing, or never done anything - which I am looking for here.

There are still many familiar faces, with whom one has never done anything together, maybe one of you would like to? But I would like to emphasize, I am also very happy to work with a newcomer.

Looking forward to messages to Volin#8101 (Discord prefered), or ingame, or in the forum.
I am German, so active at usual Central European times.

The only non-negotiable thing for me would be the willingness to voice-communication (in German or English). 🙂

PS: And my Shadow-Mate is still flexible. If you say: "Hey, I'd love to be there with you, but shadow would be my only option" please send me a message anyways.

PPS: Prefered colors would be Fire and Frost, but open for everything.

PPPS: Guess I got my teams, thanks everybody!

Edited by Volin
Edit for PPS

@Minashigo Hiko one clarification please:

On 7/11/2021 at 3:20 AM, Minashigo Hiko said:

Play Duo and stay on T2

-->Don't have more than two orbs at the same time.
      In this case, you can ignore the side restriction

(This award will only be distributed if more than two teams participate for it)

What happens if one team only manages the job for the color, they did it for nuts? 🙂
Btw. do you mean three or more teams in a color are needed, or three teams over all colors?

Edited by Volin

The Bonus Awards:

Play Solo and stay on T3

(This award will only be distributed, if more than two players participate for it)

What are the rules for playing solo?

Players are allowed to cross the line to the other side, but are restricted from attacking or using offensive spells there.

Second team meeting, more questions 😄

- Can you narrow down "offensive spells". Heals ok? What is with Infect/Revenge
(no direct dmg) ? Where is the line here?

- what taking about Orbs/Wells on the other side

And we are still a bit confused about the Bonus and Special Rewards 🙂

Edited by Volin

4 hours ago, Volin said:

@Minashigo Hiko one clarification please:

What happens if one team only manages the job for the color, they did it for nuts? 🙂
Btw. do you mean three or more teams in a color are needed, or three teams over all colors?

What is ment with this:

The main feature of this part is, to act as a bonus reward.
You will compete against all other (in the submission color you choose, as example with a fire deck against fire) from outside of the bonus awards.

The bonus awards only compete with eatchother.

If there are not enough participants for the bonus award "Duo" or "Solo" to compete with eachother. I am forced to put these two together and compare it with eachother, but if there are not even enough teams for this. It is so far planned, that you cannot achieve the awards for this.

The bonus award is ment as a bonus, for extra complexity.

Keep in mind: The Bonus rewards are compared with all other bonus rewards participants in the same category. The submission type is not relevant for this.
T2 fire will be compared with t2 nature and vice versa,

4 hours ago, JustCoco said:

The Bonus Awards:

Play Solo and stay on T3

(This award will only be distributed, if more than two players participate for it)

What are the rules for playing solo?

The normal Competition rules also count for the Bonus rewards, its for an extra complexity.

So:

Restrictions:

• You may only use First Edition (Twilight Edition) cards.
  • If you participate with a friend, one can only defend the twilight waves, while the other one can only attack (see below for more information).
    • The defender is only allowed to defend and attack the left side of the map.
    • The attacker is only allowed to attack the right side of the map.
    • Players are allowed to cross the line to the other side, but are restricted from attacking or using offensive spells there.

Requirements:

• Destroy at least one of the patrolling Battleships on your own.
  • No member of the Treasure fleet can die.
  • Collect all 6 gold chests.
  • Both players have to use decks of the same type, which means that both of you need to fulfill the submission type or it will be counted,
    as a "Mixed" entry.
    • For example, if Player A uses Pure Frost, Player B will also have to use Pure Frost for the run to count toward a Pure Frost run.
      If Player B plays a non-frost deck, the run is considered "Mixed"

1 hour ago, Volin said:

Second team meeting, more questions 😄

- Can you narrow down "offensive spells". Heals ok? What is with Infect/Revenge
(no direct dmg) ? Where is the line here?

- what taking about Orbs/Wells on the other side

And we are still a bit confused about the Bonus and Special Rewards 🙂

Every spell that is able to target an enemy is an offensive spell.

As example: Revenge targets your own units, same as life weaving. Infect targets enemy units.

Feel free to take Orbs/Wells on any side you want.

I hope I could lift the confusion.

Hey all,

I changed the Bonus awards a bit and bundled them together.

We will try to reduce these kind of awards for the next events, I realised that with the Bonus awards added it just adds unnecessary focus prevention.
We hope that you still have fun with this event, I am very eager to watch all your replays

Currently we plan to only give the Bonus awards as a bundled(submission type) reward, but if there are enough participants, we will increase the prize for this.

11 hours ago, Minashigo Hiko said:

Every spell that is able to target an enemy is an offensive spell.

As example: Revenge targets your own units, same as life weaving. Infect targets enemy units.

So if im correct Aura of Pain is not an offensive spell right?

On 7/12/2021 at 11:29 PM, Minashigo Hiko said:

Hey all,

I changed the Bonus awards a bit and bundled them together.

We will try to reduce these kind of awards for the next events, I realised that with the Bonus awards added it just adds unnecessary focus prevention.
We hope that you still have fun with this event, I am very eager to watch all your replays

Currently we plan to only give the Bonus awards as a bundled(submission type) reward, but if there are enough participants, we will increase the prize for this.

I think there was a little misunderstanding with why I did this.

The main reason, why I put these two together, was to prevent the possibilities  that you participate for this challenge and there are not enough competitors to get a reward and therefore just wasted your time.

My intention was not to combine them until the end of the event, maybe my disclaimer wasn't clear enough or not clear at all.

I will split these two awards when there are enough participants for splitting.

I will even split them more up (submission type oriented) if there are enough participants for each submission.

Please be not scared away of participating by this change.

I am well aware, that solo and duo are pretty hard to compare.

Metagross31 likes this

Will all the submitted replays-files shared to the community after the challenge is over? Would be nice not just to see some replays in the stream - i prefer to have the replays to check and analyse in detail.  This was part of all  the non official pve challenges before - so would be nice if you can upload after.

Also remark from my side --> for this challenge there are  a way to much different kind of runs you can do and get prices for sure. I understand that you want to realize that more players are able to get prices - but at the end you are just lowering the quality of the submitted replays because nobody (or at least at me :-D) has the time to play and optimize every possible run for each category. I prefer to have high quality speedruns / challenging runs that were pushed to the limit against the best - part of this can be that you get no prices but still had a lot of fun while working out and testing different strategies. And this was for sure not a waste of time --> dont like this way of thinking that we need to overhelm the community with a lot of different categories for a challenge just to ensure that nearly everybody is getting prices. 

Edited by Pritstift
arabikaa, Treim, Metagross31 and 1 other like this

On 7/14/2021 at 1:15 AM, Pritstift said:

Will all the submitted replays-files shared to the community after the challenge is over? Would be nice not just to see some replays in the stream - i prefer to have the replays to check and analyse in detail.  This was part of all  the non official pve challenges before - so would be nice if you can upload after.

Also remark from my side --> for this challenge there are  a way to much different kind of runs you can do and get prices for sure. I understand that you want to realize that more players are able to get prices - but at the end you are just lowering the quality of the submitted replays because nobody (or at least at me :-D) has the time to play and optimize every possible run for each category. I prefer to have high quality speedruns / challenging runs that were pushed to the limit against the best - part of this can be that you get no prices but still had a lot of fun while working out and testing different strategies. And this was for sure not a waste of time --> dont like this way of thinking that we need to overhelm the community with a lot of different categories for a challenge just to ensure that nearly everybody is getting prices. 

I am sorry, of course I can do this. I will also upload the replays of the last tournament. I somehow forgot this.

My intention never was to have more people win prizes, or to lower the quality of the runs. There are people who would disagree with you and actually like the fact that different decks aren't compared with each other.

You still Can focus on one perfect run, because of the special award. The fastest of all submissions will receive a promo.

I agree, that we went a bit overboard with the amount of possibilities and will defenitly tune this down.

But for now, everything will stay as it is. I do not prefer to change a lot of things afterwards as people are already participating with the current rules.

We are still experimenting with all kinda of events and their possible complexity and one or two things we realised for this event are, that there are too many distractions to the main competition.

I thank you a lot for your feedback, because with feedback like this we can make future events only better.

I hope that we will see a lot of awesome replays and some competition spirit.

Metagross31 likes this

Thanks to everyone providing feedback for these Events. Rest assured we are definitly taking this into account, and Hiko is really looking into what works and doesnt. This is only our second official PvE event, so its still a bit trial and error. We hope you are still able to have fun in this one!