Removing Lifestream absorbtion limit

Draconnor

Lifestream with current limit is... weak as hell... Worldbreak without a skyelf have "higher total value" ... and healing is supposed to be stronger than damage.
Removing the limit or making it 3 times higher would be nice and make it slightly useful.

4 hours ago, WindHunter said:

We are going to remove the initial cooldown for Lifestream and Comet Catcher next patch. 

I knew about changing Lifestream - its why i added this suggestion 😉 Current limit is far worse than other inconveniences.

17 hours ago, Draconnor said:

10.000 hp. as i said - less than worldbreaker damage and less that one heavier XL unit can deal in 30s.

interesting, but you should have mentioned it right from the beginning.

the building stop the aura at around 3900 hp -> so the damage cap(incoming damage) is around 10k.

Why I think it should be raised ?  Because it blocks around 11 smacks of Twilight Abom vs your XL.

Why do I think the cap should not be removed? Because this will put it nearly on par with dreadnough. It has 5500+ 60hp/sec . So the building might block up to ~ 37000 Incoming damage. It will get even more ridiculous if you pair it with Skyelf Templar / kobold Engineer.Paring this with ridiculous amount of heal available to Nature  , it is impossible for the NPC to kill your unit.

Dreadnought ability is better but pure Frost has no healing.

Proposed change:

For a comparision , ward of the north U3 , damage cap(incoming damage) is 9900.

Even though Frost is supposed to be better at protection and LifeStream ability damage mitigration is much stronger. We are still comparing t4 to t3.

I would suggest to raise it by 25% to 12500

IMO to be comparable with Worldbreaker (in usefullness) it should have higher cap than Cannon+Sage. But its still deffense Vs offense while offense is always better and more usefull (you can't do any mission objectives with lifestream)😉

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 11:54 AM, undead4ever said:

For a comparision , ward of the north U3 , damage cap(incoming damage) is 9900.

Is the cap on Ward of the North justified tho? Or even needed? It's restricted by a time limit anyways. 

And is Lifestream of any use currently? Haven't seen the card used by another player yet and I don't know myself, gotta test it. I just remembered being disappointed by the usefulness.

I think to make it more playable the cap could be increased by quite a bit. 

I've been ruminating a bit on Lifestream recently. One of the primary issues is that Lifestream directly competes with Revenge which is a top-tier support spell which requires only 1 Nature orb. Lifestream binds a substantial amount of power, self-damages, and has a large cooldown.

Overall it's hard to see how it can compete directly with Revenge in it's current state without massive number buffs, and the guess becomes how would you balance the ability to absorb huge amounts of damage? Nature armies already have phenomenal sustain and while I think Nature should have the best sustain, the current level of sustain hampers our ability to buff the faction in other areas.

Two directions I think we could go here:

1. The card absorbs huge amounts of damage in exchange for massively damaging itself. This would need to be mitigated by something like Kobold Engineer or we could allow it to connect to the root network where it could be healed via root nexus or Forest Vim.

2. Lifestream stores X% of damage absorbed which it can then unleash on an area on recast. This makes Lifestream join the ranks of the other T4 superweapons while giving Nature a method of dealing damage to buildings which fits the faction identity.

Feel free to offer other suggestions.

Metagross31 likes this

2nd option: u are moving to the direction that every one can do samething,which I have already opposed to in Shrine of Matyr discord...

The point of 250-power t4 building : they  can provide something impactful, not only mean to be "Weapon" .

If u need building to deal damage for Nature. I thinks its better to design new complete card. We're modifying LifeStream

Option 1 seems to be OK

OR

let it absorb X damage  in an area THEN give regeneration aura

absorb X damage AND X corpse  THEN  revive unit.(both damage and corpse threshold MUST be fulfill) Revive supposed to be a hard things so there should be comparable hard requirement.  May also rise the building power cost.

Idea behind : lifestream -> convert damage to healing power

Edited by undead4ever

On 7/12/2021 at 7:06 PM, Draconnor said:

IMO to be comparable with Worldbreaker (in usefullness) it should have higher cap than Cannon+Sage. But its still deffense Vs offense while offense is always better and more usefull (you can't do any mission objectives with lifestream)😉

Guns of Lyrs, u can use it to defend final wave .

I also think it can be use in some boss fight such as Blight.

compare it to cannon + sage is extremely unfair. 2 cards and higher cost(350 bound power + 100 tempo) 🙂. This combo actual value : 550 bound+ 220 tempo

more fair: compare it with  converted Worldbreaker guns(250bound power + 100 tempo)

Edited by undead4ever

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 4:38 AM, undead4ever said:

compare it to cannon + sage is extremely unfair. 2 cards and higher cost(350 bound power + 100 tempo) 🙂. This combo actual value : 550 bound+ 220 tempo

more fair: compare it with  converted Worldbreaker guns(250bound power + 100 tempo)

1 because lifestream cant be buffed by Sage or any unit 😉
2 because killing whole enemy wave is stronger than preventing their damage foe 10 seconds or less  😉

On 8/7/2021 at 4:57 AM, Draconnor said:

1 because lifestream cant be buffed by Sage or any unit 😉
2 because killing whole enemy wave is stronger than preventing their damage foe 10 seconds or less  😉

where is templar and kobold engineer?(see church of negation)

I already detail power diff and just completely neglect it 😃

Edited by undead4ever

• 2 weeks later...

I go with your opening post @Draconnor. but it is not "baerly" better - it is simply far worse then Regrowth.

Lifestream binds energy, comes with limitations (must be buildt, must be in range), has a longer cooldown, only reduces but does not heal dmg and has even (a quite small) limit to that. Finally it needs 2 Green which is very popular among casual players but rarely played by more expert players.

Thats why we see Regrowth in more then 9 of 10 decks and Lifestream in less then 1 deck out of 10.

Draconnor likes this