Want to make a pure twilight deck

Hi,

good cards for a nature start: windweavers for damage, maybe dryad (blue affinity) for 25% damage redution on your units. Surge of light for heals and having crowd control like hurricane and/or ensnaring roots is also very useful.

For a fire start most people use nomads (green affinity) and mines, wich deal insane damage. You can also use sunstriders (ability disables towers) and eruption, but those aren't really needed.

In T2 you can go for vilebloods, fire stalkers or gladiatrixes as units, lavafield and curse of oink are good spells. Breeding grounds give you and your mates a 25% power discount on units spawned next to it. If i start fire, i usually still carry surge of light and roots and/or hurricane in T2 just cause they're that good.

Your T2 units and spells are usually enough to get you T4, so most of the remaining place should be used for T4 cards or T3 cards you really like. Good spells are earthshaker, thunderstorm, cluster explosion (red affinity), twilight pestilence, equilibrium, regrowth, revenge. Shrine of war is also really helpful.

Except level 10, you can probably succeed in every rPVE level with only twilight cards and some nature or fire spells mixed in. For example: a level 9 can be beaten by just getting about 8 abominations and slapping a regrowth on them when needed. The other spells and units just speed things up or give you more safety and possibilities to support your temmates.

My personal additions to what @SunWu already brought up.

If we are speaking of rpve9 I would add eruption to red t1, for green I would usally cut the dryad. T1 stage is usally fast and you want to keep it as lean and simple as possible.

For t2 Vileblood are nice on some maps but "useless" for some others, Gladiatrix or Skyfire Drake or Firestalkers are more flexible I think. I don't go with the suggestion to take nature t1 spells at t2 when starting with fire - yeah you can do that, but this is far from the optimal.

As you will encounter often/sometimes a close camp to t4 every deck should have options to deal with that, so I don't go with leaving out T3 at all. Twilight Creeper is quite inferior to other solutions here, but scales great into t4 as you can debuff enemys with that. Other options can be Magma Hurler/ Unity and your t3 spells can help too alot, SunWu mentioned all the cool kids stuff, only want to add Creeping Paralysis as option here.

Shrine of War is btw quite essential for this deck as you have access to many strong spells you want to use all the time, SunWo brought this up too, I only wanted to emphazise that.

And I think it was not mentioned, its the Blue affinities of Abomination and Twilight Pestilence that you want to take, they have great effects - use them alot 🙂

The 2 Green/2 Red deck is, by the way, quite suitable for BG10, for various reasons. If you don't want a Bata/BH here, Abomination would be one of the best options out there. The deck serves the current spell meta, can be played very lean in early T4 with only 1-2 units because strong buffs and a tanky unit are available, it kills fast (even bosses)... only the rather thin CC selection is somewhat limiting here

My BG9 allrounder, for random maps with random mates is posted below, perhaps it gives you a bit inspiration. Always have in mind, there is no perfect deck for any situation.

grafik.thumb.png.673a7086e3b5ded6837338ba4d694922.png

Edited by Volin
Metagross31, Blashyrkh and arabikaa like this

Voiln can you list off the cards posted in your picture? idk what they are by the images and seem to not be in order of cheap to expensive. GOt the game today and red green are fav colors in mtg so playing it here

In the order that they appear in the deck:

Curse of Oink
Creeping Paralysis
Equilibrium (g)
Regrowth
Disenchant (g)
Revenge
Twilight Pestilence (b)
Thunderstorm
Inferno
Cluster Explosion (both affinities)
Earthshaker
Eruption
Mine

Nomad (g)
Gladiatrix (g)
Twilight Creeper (p)
Abomination (b)

Breeding Grounds
Shrine of War

Volin likes this

3 hours ago, Stoopo said:

Voiln can you list off the cards posted in your picture? idk what they are by the images and seem to not be in order of cheap to expensive. GOt the game today and red green are fav colors in mtg so playing it here

Thanks Metagross!

The order is Spells (used often), Units (used sometimes) and Buildings used 1-2 times. I would not buy/trade/get the cards from cheap to expensive but priorize them a bit from their importance

Please have in mind, that the deck as posted is heavy spell based and relies on the shrine of war. For the beginning add at least 1x T2 unit (perhaps Fire Stalkers, they are cheap and good), 1x T3 (perhaps Magma Hurlers) and 3-4x T4 Units as long as they have no charges. Here the Giant Wyrm could be a very good budget solution.
For battleground, for the beginning, fill with random units and spells you have available. Usually you do not use any towers or green "Root Network" things. For your shopping tour I would priorize "Mine" "Shrine of War" and the "Abomination" (blue) and in the second step I would priorize "Thunderstorm" and "Cluster Explosion" (red).

Twilight Pestilence gets "important" as soon as Abomination is added.
As always, all information without guarantee and with strong personal preference 🙂

Edited by Volin
Metagross31 and Blashyrkh like this