Increase AFK time

Oggy1985s

I kindly ask to consider increasing AFK time limit. We all have social and biological needs which can get in the way of continuously playing the game 🙂 I’d suggest implementing three AFK tiers:
I) game session which last up to 45 min = 5 min AFK limit
2) game session which last 46 to 100 min = 10 min AFK limit
3) game session which last over 100 min = 20 min AFK limit

Optional:
4) sequential game sessions (several games in a row) which last over 90 min = 15 min AFK limit

nofearek9 likes this

Thanks for creating this. A bit more allowed afk-time would come in really handy. 

I understand that being akf and still getting rewards should be prevented - but maybe it can be in done in a different way? Maybe change it, so that you would only not get any rewards for the playtime After the 5-min afk waring comes through (and not how it is now - no rewards for the entire match, even if you played 90 min, then went afk for 6min, played another 10 min and won the game.) 

nofearek9 likes this

I second this suggestion, though I dont know if a flexible AFK limit is technically possible, it would be the ideal solution. But to be more precise, I guess what we dont want or need is a "20 min afk - one click - 20 min afk" routine-possibility, because that would make the Reserve-Achievements useless. Maybe there is some way to implement a spell/ability or something (at the first monument maybe?) with just one charge that when you hit it, AFK timer is deactivated for X minutes (the may change once the game progresses for a longer time as suggested by the OP).

One think I consider very important too: besides the standard social and biological needs, on rare occations there could be medical stuff involved too - from my time raiding the dungeons of WoW I know one or two people who really NEED to have a breaks longer then 5 minutes every once in a while due to medical conditions. Basically, under the current conditions, they are unable to play the longer maps.

Dallarian and Xamos like this

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Xamos said:

Thinking about this, I´d actually prefer the suggested "Pause"-Option more

You would "pause" in terms of rewards/achievements, but still have the game running with well powers and everything, that's what you are referring to? 

On 7/8/2021 at 6:35 PM, Sykole said:

You would "pause" in terms of rewards/achievements, but still have the game running with well powers and everything, that's what you are referring to? 

Na I mean I'd prefer to literally pause the game. (Like, as example, as we see it in official LoL Tournaments from time to time when a bug occurs and the game gets paused and later resumed for everyone) 

In the other post it sounds like that's possible, only the reward system is the current problem. 

Yes it is technically easy to pause and resume the game. And yes reward system is the obvious blocker for this. (And no it is not as easy, as giving less rewards proportional to paused time)