WindHunter's Commentary

WindHunter

Hello!

I am Windhunter and I used to commentate PvP matches. I was one of the first native English speakers to start commentating and I can claim to have inspired FarRock to do the same. I was a top 20 PvP player when active. I have played nearly every deck in 2v2, but my 1v1 decks were mainly Shadow/Nature, Bandits, Fire/Frost, and Pure Shadow. 

I will begin commentating matches when the server is back online. Any match has the potential to be commentated, but I will only commentate high-level play. This doesn't mean it has to be a Top 20 replay, or even Top 50. What I look for in matches I commentate are mainly 2 important things. 
1. Opponents are equally matched
2. A major source of ingenuity, technical skill, or smart play. Something I can point out as I commentate. 
Examples of number 2 include, Beijingguy, when possible, hurricanes into a wall to let his Swiftclaw have an easier time killing the enemy units. Top players like CDKillRoy use their scavenger to bite an enemy unit, then walk the scavenger inside the enemy unit to slow it down even farther, letting him set up his defense or get his well repaired. MaranV personally micros his Stone Tempest to keep up to 4 medium units knocked back at once. A few instances of play like this in a close match warrant me commentating it.

I already have a Youtube channel with 24 PvP replays and 1 PvE. In the past I used to decide 5 minutes into a match I wanted to commentate then wing it from the beginning. Not so this time around. I will watch the replay in depth and make notes of major occurrences to make sure I point them out during my commentary. I will not do PvP lesson videos, FarRock has done a phenomenal job creating PvP lesson videos, if you wish to see these, please check out his channel.

My Channel: WindHunter's Commentary

I look forward to commentating some fantastic matches in the future.

Edited by WindHunter
indubitablement likes this

[quote='WindHunter' pid='8533' dateline='1437489135']
Hello!

I am Windhunter and I used to commentate PvP matches. I was one of the first native English speakers to start commentating and I can claim to have inspired FarRock to do the same. I was a top 20 PvP player when active. I have played nearly every deck in 2v2, but my 1v1 decks were mainly Shadow/Nature, Bandits, Fire/Frost, and Pure Shadow. 

I will begin commentating matches when the server is back online. Any match has the potential to be commentated, but I will only commentate high-level play. This doesn't mean it has to be a Top 20 replay, or even Top 50. What I look for in matches I commentate are mainly 2 important things. 
1. Opponents are equally matched
2. A major source of ingenuity, technical skill, or smart play. Something I can point out as I commentate. 
Examples of number 2 include, Beijingguy, when possible, hurricanes into a wall to let his Swiftclaw have an easier time killing the enemy units. Top players like CDKillRoy use their scavenger to bite an enemy unit, then walk the scavenger inside the enemy unit to slow it down even farther, letting him set up his defense or get his well repaired. MaranV personally micros his Stone Tempest to keep up to 4 medium units knocked back at once. A few instances of play like this in a close match warrant me commentating it.

I already have a Youtube channel with 24 PvP replays and 1 PvE. In the past I used to decide 5 minutes into a match I wanted to commentate then wing it from the beginning. Not so this time around. I will watch the replay in depth and make notes of major occurrences to make sure I point them out during my commentary. I will not do PvP lesson videos, FarRock has done a phenomenal job creating PvP lesson videos, if you wish to see these, please check out his channel.

My Channel: [url=https://www.youtube.com/user/brooksjensen/featured]WindHunter's BF Channel[/url]

I look forward to commentating some fantastic matches in the future.
[/quote]

SubsCribe and rep good guy :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have begun uploading some of the matches that I cut from Obesity's footage, 8 up currently. They are still poor video quality(some better than others) but the matches themselves are good. None of the matches currently up are commentated. I have put all of the ones currently up into a new playlist so they are easy to find. There will be more playlists for matches that are mostly tier 1, Non Obesity matches, and Colors for which I have a lot of videos(F/N, S/N, & F/Fr). I am currently holding back the 2v2s because their sound is the worst of the bunch.

A few commentated matches will be up this weekend unless something unexpected happens. 

Hello,

I have begun uploading some of the matches that I cut from Obesity's footage, 8 up currently. They are still poor video quality(some better than others) but the matches themselves are good. None of the matches currently up are commentated. I have put all of the ones currently up into a new playlist so they are easy to find. There will be more playlists for matches that are mostly tier 1, Non Obesity matches, and Colors for which I have a lot of videos(F/N, S/N, & F/Fr). I am currently holding back the 2v2s because their sound is the worst of the bunch.

A few commentated matches will be up this weekend unless something unexpected happens. 

Nice thanks for the work, and pretty well played by Obesity =).

Hello,

Hey good job Windhunter, and very well played by obesity, I like how he always stayed T1 when playing frost and took wells in the same  cluster when the other went T2 and "rushed" him. In the end, his power would be more, because he stayed T1 and took a well, while maintaining a balance between keeping enough pressure on his opponent and protecting his well.

I hope we can see some commentated matches soon.

• 3 years later...

Since the game has been re-opened, and I have been benefiting from it myself, I thought I'd post my old tutorial on how to do King of the Giants solo so that people can have an easier time grinding during Open Stress Test and later during Open Beta/Release. Just one improvement on the video, if you move the construction hut to the side a few feet you can use one Resource Booster for all 6 wells by placing it in the center. Also, you are a bit less stressed micro-wise if you sent the first 4 ships left instead of the 3 shown in the video.

Edited by WindHunter