Since last Update, Game Crashes to Desktop without error!

fuba

Hi there...

I play now for about 1 Month here and everything worked fine, means NO Crash at all for about 3 Weeks and i played a LOT!
But since Last Update....
The game keeps Crashing (not very often but it crashes!)

Today the game crashed 2 Times when Map was almost Finished -.-
Whatever you did, it's not "complete"!

Feels like "FUCK YOU" if the Game crashes to Desktop WITHOUT any error! -.-

I'm not interested to waste 30min or more in a Mission just to feel "haha, you played for... NOTHING... hahaha"

If the game keeps crashing AND i don't get any Reward i can waste my time in a more "useful" way IMHO!

Edited by fuba

• fuba changed the title to Since last Update, Game Crashes to Desktop without error!

Another Day, another Try, another Crash -.-
Again at the Map "Ocean" when use the 2nd Teleporter!
IF someone care (seems not until now), i've added the COMPLETE "Diag" Folder from my Battleforge Documents folder...

Diag.zip

Edited by fuba

1) Please have in mind that this is a community project, managed by volunteers in their FREE TIME.

2) Please think alone about the form in which you are looking for help here. Would you give yourself priority 1, I don't think so.

Like Volin already mentioned this is a spare time project and most of us also have real life work to do. So handling every case within minutes or hours sometimes isn't possible.

To your problem: Which steps did you do to solve this problem? Playing the map again and again obviously doesn't help here. Sometimes it can happen that you have disconnects, yes. In this case restarting the map is a solution. 

If it happens everytime in the same map and mostly when doing the same action it is possible, that your game files got corrupted. I doubt that this has something to do with our updates since they're mostly for the test server in the last days. Furthermore we didn't make any map specific changes for now. At least from what I know. It might just be a coincidence.

As a first step you should take a look at our troubleshooting guide.
If nothing helps, reinstalling the game might be useful in this case. Either manually extract the archive again into your install directory or use the installer to make a clean installation again. As a second step you can try to delete the My Document\BattleForge directory to remove all settings and other data which might lead to those kind of problems.

Please do the mentioned steps above and report back if it helped or not. And also please be patient.

On 6/2/2021 at 7:46 PM, Aviat0r said:

Like Volin already mentioned this is a spare time project and most of us also have real life work to do. So handling every case within minutes or hours sometimes isn't possible.

Yeah, it seems "New cards development: starting soon" is higher priority then fix game breaking bugs *thumbsup*

To your problem: Which steps did you do to solve this problem? Playing the map again and again obviously doesn't help here. Sometimes it can happen that you have disconnects, yes. In this case restarting the map is a solution. 

Sure, i have a disconnect EXACTLY every time i press the second Teleporter, because my Internet is connected to that Teleporter switch on Ocean Map of Battleforge?! Seriously?! :thinking:

Well... after 3 times Crash to Desktop -> "restarting the map is a solution" -> hmm...
Maybe you can explain me how to play a Map AGAIN, after you got "crashed to desktop" WITHOUT restarting the whole game?:thinking:

As a first step you should take a look at our troubleshooting guide.
If nothing helps, reinstalling the game might be useful in this case. Either manually extract the archive again into your install directory or use the installer to make a clean installation again. As a second step you can try to delete the My Document\BattleForge directory to remove all settings and other data which might lead to those kind of problems.

"Delete the Cache Folder and Try again"
You work for the Blizzard Support Team? ^^

I've reinstalled the Game already and also reinstalled Widows (not for this reason but...) this means ALL drivers are Up-To-Date and the Systems is "Clean"!
Just mentioned because "you maybe got infected by a Virus, Trojaner or Malware" is the next "solution" ^^

What decks/cards do you play on that map? Did you always play the same cards before the crash? It seems that for example Queekqueek crashes the game on this very map sometimes. Maybe there are other cards that can't handle it if they get teleported with that teleporter on that map or something like that.

You seem to be the only person with this specific problem. So it's logical to assume that this crash has to be connected to either your hardware, your options or your actions somehow.