Official PvE Contest#1 Siege of Hope UNTIL 15.06.2021

Hello Skylords, Skyladies and other Skybeings.

It has been a long time, but we are finally about to start the first official PvE event since release.
We hope you will have a lot of fun with this event!

siege_hope_smallest.png

What will the event be?
PvE - Siege of Hope - Expert Challenge with a point system. 

When will it start?
We will accept entries starting from 25.05.2021 00:00 CEST.

The event will run for 3 weeks, you have time until mid June. To be specific: 15.06.2021 23:59 CEST.
You can send your replays through DM to me in Discord (Minashigo Hiko#1126) or through a PM to me on the forum.

How can I participate?

No need to sign-up, just send in your best replay including the categories (see below) you think you have achieved. Note: you can only participate with a victory.
For example: "Low points: a, c, d Total: 800; Medium points: h, i Total: 1200; High points: all Total: 2200"

Please note: we will only accept the first won replay you send in, so make sure it's your best try!

You can find your replays here: Documents=>Battleforge=>replays

Nice and where is the difficulty?

This event will have a point system: points will be rewarded by completing the following challenges. The goal is to get as many points as possible!
You don't have to complete them all, but of course you should aim for as many points as you can in a single run. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Low points:

A:   Kill the 2 small western camp buildings before the first timer runs out.                                                            200

B:   Build at least one tower that can attack  in every refugee camp.
      (The building has to be completely constructed)                                                                                                200

C :Don’t build any walls.                                                                                                                                           200

D : Don't take any wells in the refugee camps.                                                                                                         400

E:    Don't destroy buildings from the final camp until the Twilight Infester has spawned.                                     400

F:    Kill all enemy units/buildings from the final camp after the Twilight Infester spawns and before he dies.      400

G:    Don't use any swift units.                                                                                                                                    400
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maximum low points:                                                                                                                      2200

Medium points:

H:   Don't destroy buildings of the center camp until the first timer runs out.                                                          600

I:    Don't build any buildings that are tier 2 or higher.                                                                                               600

J:   Run 2 rounds around the 2 small western camps with 3 different kind of units (see clarification).                                600

K:    Don't use more than three Orbs at the same time (don't go tier 4).                                                                   600
Maximum medium points:                                                                                                               2400

High points:

L:    Use a pure deck (colorless cards like Santa are allowed).                                                                                   800

M:      Use only Uncommon and Common cards.                                                                                                        800

N:     Reach the fastest time among all participants.                                                                                                  800
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maximum high points:                                                                                                                    2400
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maximum earnable points:                                                                                                             7000

Penalty points:

O:   Using Enlightenment                                                                                                                                         -1200

P:   Each dead refugee                                                                                                                                             -1000

Q:   Using Necrofury                                                                                                                                                -1000

R:   Using Batariel                                                                                                                                                     -1000

S:    Using Bloodhorn                                                                                                                                               -1000

T:    Using Lost Banestone                                                                                                                                         -800
Total penalty points:                                                                                                                       -6000

crusade_smallest.jpg

Sounds fun and what's the prize pool?

There will be two prize pools: Novice and Expert. Submissions will be categorized in one of those two groups depending on how many points the submission has: if the submission has a low amount of points it will be in the Novice group and if it has a high amount of points it will be in the Expert group. We will not disclose in what category a submission belongs, in the case of a draw, the faster time ranks higher. Each group has different rewards and all booster packs are the standard (all-editions) booster packs.

Expert prize pool 

1st place              Promo of your choice   + 4 Booster packs

2nd place             Promo Razorleaf          + 2 Booster packs

3rd- 8th place     3 Booster packs

Novice prize pool 

1st place             4 Booster packs

2nd place            3 Booster packs

3rd- 8th place    1 Booster packs

Wait, there is more!
The following award will be given out by the community at the end of the challenge.
Every participant can nominate themselves for the Community Award (only those who apply for the award will be able to win it).

The voting for the winner will take place on Twitch, where we will reveal the contest winners as well.

https://www.twitch.tv/skylordsreborn

The Community Award:

The Creative Kill

The One who showed the Twilight Infester their dominance.
--Kill the final boss as uniquely as possible.
       For example: try not to use the same units as another participant for the final kill.
       This will decrease the chance for both of you to win this category.

•  4 Booster packs

image.png.322a2cbeefe3e61f7febff5fa1de95ef.png

Some Clarification

Map Clarification
GREEN(A)
:    2 small western camps
YELLOW(B):  Center camp
PURPLE(C):   Southern camp
BLUE(D):       Northern camp
ORANGE(E): Final camp

tower.png

Card Clarification
(YELLOW(A)) A tower is mainly recognizable by its damage number.
(GREEN(B)) The rarity of a card can be found at the bottom right corner.
The lost Launcher is common (bronze). The color is important and not the symbol!
You can find all card rarities here.

In conclusion

This event is unlike anything we have done so far, so it might be a bit overwhelming. Here is in simple steps what you must do to participate:

- The map to play on is Siege of Hope on Expert Difficulty
- Look at the categories and points you wish to achieve and do your best to clear the map earning as many points as possible.
- Once you are satisfied with your result, DM (Minashigo Hiko#1126 in Discord) or PM (in forum) your best replay to me. You can only send in once.
- Make sure to add a description of the categories (points) you went for and completed!
- If you want to apply for the community reward (The Creative Kill), make sure to mention that as well. 
- Wait until the end of the contest (15.06.2021 23:59 CEST) to see if you have won some prizes!
- We will announce them in a stream on the 26.06.2021 19:00 CEST

abyssalwarden_smallest.jpg

Future events

If you are interested in creating events like this for the community or if you want to help with creating events, don't be afraid and simply send me a direct message via Discord (name as above) or a PM to me on the forum. We are happy to assist you with upcoming events and with sponsoring your prize pool!

We hope you have a lot of fun with this event. We are looking forward to all your replays!

Please do not hesitate to ask, if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Skylords Reborn Team

Timer, Dallarian, KserSke and 9 others like this

7 minutes ago, Dallarian said:

There is penalty for lost banestone and I can get a lot of points with my standard playthrough.
Now that's insanily interesting event, thank you very much for designing it!

Simply call it slowrun as much as possible :-D It will be not that insane - just create a run which is including as much points as possible and you can completely ignore time.

17 minutes ago, Kapo said:

"Depending on your points you will be group in either one." - could you clarify? I dont get it. =)

Everyone submits their replay in which they show how they achieved a certain amount of points. Instead of looking at all submissions as one pool, we will divide the submissions into two pools (Novice and Expert) depending on the points. We will not disclose in what group you are in with a certain amount of points. Primary goal of this is to avoid having very good players claim all the rewards, as now we will also look at the "top" novice players.

Minashigo Hiko and Loriens like this

glad i do not see all reaplays for taking out the points where made. Maby i will submit a ~3h run and still have Max Points (- the points for speed)

If there any spezial reward if its played with the Tutorial deck? And yes it is possible

Kapo and Metagross31 like this

On 5/21/2021 at 5:42 PM, Pritstift said:

Simply call it slowrun as much as possible :-D It will be not that insane - just create a run which is including as much points as possible and you can completely ignore time.

Hey pritstift,

Thank you for your comment,

this may count for you, but there is no need to discourage others.

Everyone has other skill levels so everything can seem harder or way easier than for you.

Share your knowledge with others, make this community a better place 🤗

On 5/23/2021 at 2:07 AM, wanky said:

glad i do not see all reaplays for taking out the points where made. Maby i will submit a ~3h run and still have Max Points (- the points for speed)

If there any spezial reward if its played with the Tutorial deck? And yes it is possible

Hey Wanky,

I know, that this challenge is frustrating for the top speed runners of the community, but keep in mind that the community is also bigger than the top speedrunner so there is no reason to discourage other players. Not everyone is as experienced as you guys 🤗

We will try to release events for you in the future, don't you worry.. For now this is intended to be a doable event, that doesn't only reward speedrunner.

We hear you and we know your concerns.

I am sorry, there will not be any special rewards for a Tutorial deck clear, but I am sure it would be interesting to look over this. 

To be honest, I don't think that it is possible to use the tutorial deck for this challenge without sacrificing a lot of points, so I wouldn't aim for that.

4 hours ago, Minashigo Hiko said:

Hey pritstift,

Thank you for your comment,

this may count for you, but there is no need to discourage others.

Everyone has other skill levels so everything can seem harder or way easier than for you.

Share your knowledge with others, make this community a better place

I dont wanted to discourage others. Just showing that it is a more like simple challenge compared to speedrun-challenges in my point of view. Because you "just" need to have good tactic and you can mostly ignore the total speed because final time is not that important at all.

I was participating in every pve challenge (campaign + community map) since Skylords Reborn is back - so you dont need to worry that i dont will share my knowledge with others. I am already finished with the tactic for  this challenge ;-).

Edited by Pritstift
Minashigo Hiko likes this

17 minutes ago, Pritstift said:

I dont wanted to discourage others. Just showing that it is a more like simple challenge compared to speedrun-challenges in my point of view. Because you "just" need to have good tactic and you can mostly ignore the total speed because final time is not that important at all.

I was participating in every pve challenge (campaign + community map) since Skylords Reborn is back - so you dont need to worry that i dont will share my knowledge with others. I am already finished with the tactic for  this challenge ;-).

Oh, then I must have misunderstood it.

I am sorry for that.
Yes, we tried to set the focus on the run itself and not about how fast it needs to be.

I hope we managed to achieve this and that many are pleased.

I never worried about that, I am happy to see your entry then!

Sounds like a fun Challange! Thanks for being so creative coming up with something like this ;D

Although the ways to eary points seem very harsh - No walls, only T1 buildings, no T4, no fast units, no rare or Ultrarare units ... sounds hard but i gotta try.

My only concern is that so much restrictions don´t let much room for unique strategies i guess. Not sure if i can even beat the map on expert with my favourite Pure-Fire with that rules - or rather if I try to, I wont get points.

6 hours ago, Minashigo Hiko said:

Hey Wanky,

I know, that this challenge is frustrating for the top speed runners of the community, but keep in mind that the community is also bigger than the top speedrunner so there is no reason to discourage other players. Not everyone is as experienced as you guys 🤗

We will try to release events for you in the future, don't you worry.. For now this is intended to be a doable event, that doesn't only reward speedrunner.

We hear you and we know your concerns.

I am sorry, there will not be any special rewards for a Tutorial deck clear, but I am sure it would be interesting to look over this. 

To be honest, I don't think that it is possible to use the tutorial deck for this challenge without sacrificing a lot of points, so I wouldn't aim for that.

I never wantet to discourage other players. But most of the time more than 50% of participate players are speedrunners. 
Figuring out a tactic with maximum speed sould not be that hard, but i see only little options for this, so it can be boring maby because top point players will have similar strat.

Ofc i do not aim for the tutorialdeck challange, its not a pure deck and it have t2 tower in it.  Surving camps is duable. My tutorialdeck run was already showed to the community from the twitch streamer "TheWeltHerr" back in days. 

My comment was mainly intended because this challange for creation of the strategy will not be very exciting. At least as far as the top runs are concerned. 

In my opinion, the whole thing could have been made more exciting if you get a certain amount of minus points per x minutes that you have longer. Then the speed is not completely off the board. Because in the current situation you can be in the map as long as you can (or the server allows it, which I think is 3h) and can still get to the top 3. but if you make penalty points for being slow, the whole thing becomes much more "exciting" because then you really want to think: how much time do I want to sacrifice for points, how fast can I be with as many points as possible. 

I think you understand what I mean. TBH PVE is almost always about the speed, no matter what game. 

/wanky

Ca7 likes this

25 minutes ago, wanky said:

I never wantet to discourage other players. But most of the time more than 50% of participate players are speedrunners. 
Figuring out a tactic with maximum speed sould not be that hard, but i see only little options for this, so it can be boring maby because top point players will have similar strat.

Ofc i do not aim for the tutorialdeck challange, its not a pure deck and it have t2 tower in it.  Surving camps is duable. My tutorialdeck run was already showed to the community from the twitch streamer "TheWeltHerr" back in days. 

My comment was mainly intended because this challange for creation of the strategy will not be very exciting. At least as far as the top runs are concerned. 

In my opinion, the whole thing could have been made more exciting if you get a certain amount of minus points per x minutes that you have longer. Then the speed is not completely off the board. Because in the current situation you can be in the map as long as you can (or the server allows it, which I think is 3h) and can still get to the top 3. but if you make penalty points for being slow, the whole thing becomes much more "exciting" because then you really want to think: how much time do I want to sacrifice for points, how fast can I be with as many points as possible. 

I think you understand what I mean. TBH PVE is almost always about the speed, no matter what game. 

/wanky

For the first event we wanted to keep it simple and fun at the same time, we expected we can't please everyone and never will, but I am positive we will bring you someday an event that will include your feedback.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

The more feedback I get, the better events can become in the future.

wanky likes this

Giving minus-points for exceeding a certain time would really make sense. Because right now, as soon as you figured out a working strategy, you can just do it suuuper slow.

And I got a question: What if more players get the same points? If it is possible to do it with all restrictions, I can imagine that there will be like one who gets the max points, and then several who get second place (considering the "fastest time bonus")

10 minutes ago, Xamos said:

Giving minus-points for exceeding a certain time would really make sense. Because right now, as soon as you figured out a working strategy, you can just do it suuuper slow.

And I got a question: What if more players get the same points? If it is possible to do it with all restrictions, I can imagine that there will be like one who gets the max points, and then several who get second place (considering the "fastest time bonus")

Hey Xamos,

We also thought about, what if there is a tie?
We came to the conclusion, that we will in that case watch, who cleared the map faster and if that also ties we have no other choice as to filter who sended their replay first.

Oh well, that actually means that time becomes a great deal and is after all the deciding factor.
Well then I gotta hurry :D

Edit: That should be stated big and readable to everyone above.

Edited by Xamos

some of points are kinda vague. could use some more explanation. for example on the point that says build a tower in each camp, in what time frame? can we do it just before killing the infester or should it be before the camps get their reenforcements?

besides, shouldnt pure fire players be allowed to use batariel? or pure natures use enlightenment?

and not allowing swift units also forces pure nature players to not use Colossus but at that point, not using swift units is kinda irrelevant because the condition is just meant to make rushing to the first camp and  the north camp harder 

i also have a question: does using the cultist master's crawlers count as using swift units?

Hello Alishmass,

Thank you for your questions and concerns.

1 hour ago, Alishmass said:

for example on the point that says build a tower in each camp, in what time frame? can we do it just before killing the infester or should it be before the camps get their reenforcements?

This challenge is not inteded to be locked by a time limit, you can choose for yourself when to build these towers.
You can do it, before the map ends(but then be careful, as it needs to be constructed before the victory screen) and you can also do it directly in the beginning of the game.

besides, shouldnt pure fire players be allowed to use batariel? or pure natures use enlightenment?

We thought about allowing the pure nations, to use their special cards but then this would also include the necrofury of shadow, the only nation that isnt blocked by this is frost.. that is because they dont really have cards that deliver so much power, that it needs to be blocked.

Enlightenment, Batariel, Bloodhorn and Necrofury deliver all so much power and possibilities, that we didn't want to allow this cards to anyone as in that case noone would really try to to run the map with other pure nations.

and not allowing swift units also forces pure nature players to not use Colossus but at that point, not using swift units is kinda irrelevant because the condition is just meant to make rushing to the first camp and  the north camp harder 

The condition was originally intended to only count for walking to the camps, but then we had the problems.. how do we differentiate walking to the camps? Is it the whole path? the path before you reach the camp? cant you just spawn a non swift before entering the camp and then claim the achievement like this?

So we decided to block overall swift units.
We are aware, that this also blocks out a lot of cards who have the swift feat, that won´t be used for reaching the camps but that was fine for us because we didn't really block a lot of possibilities with this.
Yes the Colossus is a swift unit and will not be useable because of this, but the Colossus is not the only Strong T4 Nature unit that Nature has to offer.

i also have a question: does using the cultist master's crawlers count as using swift units?

No they actually don't, that is because you aren't using a card with the swift ability.
This is a swift unit, that is being spawned by a non-swift unit.

I hope I could answer all your questions and also shed some light on your cofusion of why some challenges are so vaguely described.
We intended to keep this challenge as clear as possible, without inputting too many factors because we are testing a new system.

Best regards,
Skylords Reborn Team

Metagross31 likes this

20 hours ago, Xamos said:

Oh well, that actually means that time becomes a great deal and is after all the deciding factor.
Well then I gotta hurry :D

Edit: That should be stated big and readable to everyone above.

If I am gonna be honest with you, it is very very unlikely that someone will have the same time and points