New game modes

DrunkenGummyBear

Hey all!

Just throwing some ideas i though could potentialy be cool for the game.

i) a pvp mode where players have to defend against incoming waves until someone is the last one standing.

ii) something like a pvp mode where players have to complete the same random map and the fastest one wins. Also at certain places of the map players could get bonusses to help them clear the map faster or sabotage their opponent.

iii) maybe an extra difficulty on the maps harder than expert where enemies are tankier and deadlier.

feel free to judje them or add some more :)

1 hour ago, DrunkenGummyBear said:

Hey all!

i) a pvp mode where players have to defend against incoming waves until someone is the last one standing.

ii) something like a pvp mode where players have to complete the same random map and the fastest one wins. Also at certain places of the map players could get bonusses to help them clear the map faster or sabotage their opponent.

iii) maybe an extra difficulty on the maps harder than expert where enemies are tankier and deadlier.

i)
I actually seen / played gamemode like that already.

iii)

ughm?
I am not that pro to understand. Please explain reasoning here in more detail.

3 hours ago, DrunkenGummyBear said:

Hey all!

I) there sould be some gamemodes already, just watch into the community maps

II) sounds intresting. But maby hard to creat. (tetris have similar things if u play 1 vs 1 tetris)

III) some maps have a *extra difficulty", but not finisched. f.e. crusade have on top 4 lines to defend on Expert. but if u watch the map in editor, there seems to be even 2 lines more to defend. Sadly this "extra hard" mode was never implementet. I rly would like to get a ultra hard mode for the CPVE maps, but probely only a rly smal playerbase would even able to finisch them. 

Good Ideas, new Gamemodes is what could really improve the long-time fun to keep players playing the game.

Personally I´d also like a PvP-Mode, where Fog Of War is enabled - like it´s the case in (almost all) other RTS-games. 
-> To then balance this I would also add aother layer of unit-cap (max units you can have in play), bound to the number of Wells you have for example - or even just bound to time. This would prevent overwhelming rushes. This mode could then be about building a nice base - looking for the perfect balance between towers build and units played and so on.

DrunkenGummyBear likes this

20 minutes ago, Xamos said:

Good Ideas, new Gamemodes is what could really improve the long-time fun to keep players playing the game.

Personally I´d also like a PvP-Mode, where Fog Of War is enabled - like it´s the case in (almost all) other RTS-games. 
-> To then balance this I would also add aother layer of unit-cap (max units you can have in play), bound to the number of Wells you have for example - or even just bound to time. This would prevent overwhelming rushes. This mode could then be about building a nice base - looking for the perfect balance between towers build and units played and so on.

would be fun with some balancing. On the pvp side even a free for all mode would be nice.

Edited by DrunkenGummyBear

On 5/16/2021 at 3:31 AM, wanky said:

III) some maps have a *extra difficulty", but not finisched. f.e. crusade have on top 4 lines to defend on Expert. but if u watch the map in editor, there seems to be even 2 lines more to defend. Sadly this "extra hard" mode was never implementet. I rly would like to get a ultra hard mode for the CPVE maps, but probely only a rly smal playerbase would even able to finisch them. 

Oh wow really? For how many maps was this done? 

2 hours ago, Xamos said:

Almost all RTS-games with Fog of War dont have the option to spawn in units (and spells!) directly. Scouting is important because you can see what tech and units your opponent has, in battleforge that would only limit to which orbs are available. I think it would also greatly limit factions without CC, since they cant stall and counter attack as easily, making most games play out mostly random. I also dont think this would result in what you think, since towers still bind power, and thus you are still better off having units on the field most of the time. I just dont see this working in Battleforge personally. 

2 hours ago, DrunkenGummyBear said:

On the pvp side even a free for all mode would be nice.

Now this I could see happening. I always think free for alls are a ton of fun in RTS games. Im sure this mode will also have some weird balance issues, but it could be interesting, and most spells at least require you to have ground presence. Let me check with the Devs if this is actually possible to add tho. 

5 hours ago, Majora said:

Oh wow really? For how many maps was this done? 

not quite sure, but when poking around in the map scrippts, you can at least see things on the map that are not in the game on expert (and also not on easier difficulty levels).

The most obvious is Crusade from my point of view, because there should definitely be 2 more ways, and also at the way from the center up, to the middle of the map (actually no one goes there tbh), has the whole, I call them marks stamps, which have the other 2 teleporters also. So assume that there was also once another teleporter planned, in whatever form.

Majora likes this

• 3 weeks later...

What about survival mode, PvE map where you have no walls, only some resource incomes and you try to survive as much waves to get in top "ladder". Each wave of enemy gets stronger, buffed, etc. It should be made without completing (no victory conditions) just to climb further in ladder. Top 5 get rewards and ladder maybe resets...

DrunkenGummyBear likes this

On 5/18/2021 at 12:28 PM, DrunkenGummyBear said:

would be fun with some balancing.

Yes i think so too! I´ve just come up with another idea that would work better with a Fog-of-War-PvP-mode:

- unit-cap could actually be based on buildings build (I´d go for a simple approach and either add new "House" cards, or a more difficult approach and give some/all existing buildings a unit-capacity)

- if there were to be a lot different supportive buildings, you could actually build up a base- trying to protect you support buildings as good as possible, and scout your enemy to see for which support-buildings he went